Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

I need advice guys!

I have the hourglass ambient metallic strobe lighting palette in my cart.. Do i really need it? is it different than becca highlights? I have a few of the becca shimmering skin perfectors.. + mac highlighters, MUFE, ABH.. etc.  

Im looking for a soft highlight (lit from within look) that does not emphasize texture... 

TIA 🙂

@kromance  I only have minis of Becca's Rose Gold and Opal and I have to say I never reach for them. In comparison to the Hourglass trio I feel like the Becca highlights emphasize texture way more and don't blend as well. I feel like the Hourglass is a more intense highlight compared to others that I love, but still not too intense. For reference, my previous favorite highlights are Urban Decay Fireball & Aura, and MUFE Pro Light Fusion in 01 Golden Pink. Also, I wear my highlights as a blush topper if that helps at all.

with flashwith flashwithout flashwithout flash

From the Top:

Becca Opal

Becca Rose Gold

HG Lucent Strobe

HG Pure Strobe

HG Absolute Strobe

@suzyo  THANK YOU so much, mama! The swatches really helped me out quite a bit. I think i am going to purchase the palette. I have about 7 or 8 of the Becca shimmering skin perfectors and find that they do emphasize my skin texture quite a bit. I was between the HG and Nars, but i think i will go for the HG palette. Thank you again for the swatches :)!! So helpful!<3

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

Does anyone know if the AmorePacific CC Cushion comes with a refill pack in the box?

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

@casadeeya yes, it contains an additional cushion (a refill) of the same size

Asking on here hoping to get a second opinion.

A friend gifted me an Armani liquid lippie a while back. She said she used it once and didn't like the color on her so she gave it to me instead. I'm just wondering...because I'm paranoid about these things... how would I properly sanitize a liquid lipstick? Is that even possible? I'm guessing there is no way to properly sanitize it since she used the wand and the wand went back in the tube right? But again, I'm not an expert so I need some opinions!

@gonerogue  sorry for the late reply. There is no proper way to sanitize them... you just can't. The only way to keep lip glosses/liquid lipsticks clean is to use a disposable wand every time you get product. No double dipping 😉

@veronika23 That's what I FIGURED, but I needed a second opinion. Guess I will have to just toss it 😞 Thank you for your input, V 🙂

Yeah sorry @gonerogue 😞 I wouldn't chance it.

I just ordered UD setting spray. Anyone have any advice or opinion on it?

I love the UD setting spray. Just a couple of spritzes on my finished face and it stays all day! I hope you enjoy it!

That's probably one the best setting sprays on the market. You made a good choice 🙂 Do you have any questions about how to use it or what's it for?

Long shot, I hope it's ok to ask here once:

Does anyone know the $25 bra In Store code? Their new members on the pink nation app get a free panty + a $25 bra offer, but I can't swipe to get the $25! The associate code for the panty is 3999. Thanks! 

Has anyone tried the Amika Polished Perfection Straightening Brush? I have extremely curly hair naturally and I am trying to get an idea of whether this would be less work than flat ironing my hair and whether it would provide the same smooth finish as a flat iron. 

Hi! I was looking at that brush, but it has some bad reviews. What I picked up instead is the yellow conair ceramic tools blowdry brush. I use it on my hair when it's already dry and it gives a salon blowout look. Sorry I couldn't help you about the amika one but hopefully this helps a bit!

@kimberlymaeco Thanks! I ended up going for it and I've been pretty happy with the result 🙂

Bump! 

Gah! This thread still isn't showing up on the main feed! Baby steps I guess...

I thought that if I would use a color correcting primer that it would take care of my facial redness. During Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Spring Event I purchased It Cosmetics CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder. I only recently started using this and love the coverage.

I was wondering if I would use a blurring primer instead of a color correcting primer that I could achieve more of an airbrushed look. If so could anybody recommend a blurring primer.

Anonymous Insider

it's more of a pore filler but I LOVE porefessional by be...

it's more of a pore filler but I LOVE porefessional by benefit. another good one imo is hourglass mineral veil. it makes your skin velvet

Does anyone have a good Saks SA they could recommend d? I have a boatload of Saks beauty rewards that are supposed to be redeemed in store and I don't have a store near me. Please PM me if you have one to recommend who could mail me the rewards with a purchase.
610 Replies
testing