Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I ordered a PMG lipstick recently and it came looking a little discoloured...is this normal? The top part is really nicely pigmented but when I push it out of the tube, the bottom part is very ashy looking. The shade is called Omi.

20201105_112652.jpg

Hi @sp1771,

That is totally fine. Each shade is enmeshed in a powder film combined with saturated pigment for lightweight opaque coverage. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

That's good to know, thanks @JaneanBT!

Thoughts on Pureology Hydrate Sheer Shampoo 9 fl oz/ 266 mL  and Pureology Hydrate Conditioner 9 fl oz/ 266 mL ? I recently found a liter of each at Marshall’s (getting rid of the old packaging I assume) and I just tried it and meh? I don’t see what all the positive reviews are about.

@makeitup305 It looks like in your text you mentioned two products, but in the pics at the bottom there are three.  Are you asking about the Hydrate shampoo or the Hydrate Sheer shampoo?  I've been using the Hydrate shampoo for years, and really like it.  When I had started using it, my hair was feeling spongy after shampooing and was on the dry side.  It got rid of the spongy-ness, and made my hair feel softer.  It just felt so much more natural, if that makes any sense.

I haven't used the Hydrate Conditioner in years and years.  A salon I used to go to used it, and I remember liking it.  I was actually thinking of picking some up recently, but based on your input now I'm not so sure if I should.

@greeneyedgirl107 I tried both the regular hydrate shampoo and conditioner again today and for some reason today they felt much more hydrating than last week. Not sure why. My one issue with the conditioner is that it's super minty and it's also got dimethicone in it, which I try to avoid. I'm going to keep using both and see how I feel. I got both liters at half their usual price so I won't feel as bad if they don't work out, and my bf will surely use them up.

@makeitup305 Yes - that's a big reason I avoided the Hydrate conditioner was b/c of the minty-ness.  I didn't mind it every so often, but didn't want it regularly.  As for the silicones, for years I was using a silicone-free conditioner.  I just started using a new one, and it's working out very well.  I did use Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Triple Detox Shampoo 24 oz/ 710 mL last week just to be on the safe side.  It worked well - I cut it with my Hydrate Shampoo to get some lather.

I know it's frustrating to try a product a couple times and have different outcomes.  That's why I rarely try new hair products - I can't stand the ups and downs!

I used to use the Pureology Hydrate Sheer.  I liked it because it didn't weigh down my hair without any animal derivitives. I switched to Briogio and enjoy the results more. 

@makeitup305 I love Pureology but I prefer the Colored hair one over the hydrate one.  For hydration I love Oribe moisture and control.

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Hello, does anyone know whether the non-matte shades in huda beauty obsessions and nude obsessions palette contain GLITTER? Are they shimmer or straight up glitter? Some of the reviews are saying they are glitters but the description says shimmers. Thanks!

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

@marjanaaaa I'm not seeing polyethylene terephthalate / PET listed in the ingredients of any of the Obsessions or Nude Obsessions palettes, so assuming the ingredients lists are correct, there's no plastic glitter in any of them, at least.

A couple of years ago I believe that Too Faced had a set of their mini melted matte lipsticks. Could someone that purchased the set confirm if there was a pumpkin spice shade.

@Loretta55 

9959031E-D72E-40FC-BFAA-6E6A5B6B0F74.png

4369364C-15DD-4B6C-A16D-3CB2BD74897B.png

That was the set @SportyGirly125 . I did remember a pumpkin spice shade. Thank you very much!

@TeamBIC @SephoraBIC anyone know if Sephora will be carrying the Morphe face masks? I saw this pic on Morphe’s Twitter and think they’re super cute and wearable! 

2E703FF5-8BD2-469F-9D3D-7E258D6A374B.jpeg

Didn’t see a Morphe brand-loyal thread so I thought I’d ask in this question thread!

These are so cute!

These are so cute!

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

What are the things we need to have a natural glowing makeup look nothing cakey?

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

595 Replies