Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

Holiday Greetings to the lovely people of BIC whichever holiday you celebrate! 

As many of you are aware, @TeamBIC has this naughty little habit of turning into a bunch of festive elves and spoiling a random number of active BIC community contributors with a surprise holiday treat come this time of year!  Yeah the imagery is there of TeamBIC in pointy green hats making the magic happen while sipping on hot cocoa.

I’m sure all of you are eager to see what they’ve been up to this season!  I know I am!  They never fail to impress me with their creative box designs (my inner cat loves the boxes as much as the contents) Of course the contents are always wonderful too;);)

This thread is for expressing your community excitement, making wild or educated sleuthed-out guesses as to what could be inside  and for sharing with the community, photos of any gifts you receive, and also for congratulating other community members on their awesome luck and for making BIC the beauty haven it is!   

And once people have had a chance to try out their…ahhhh thé suspense is too much!!!😝, this is a great place to both write and read the best quality product reviews!  It doesn’t get more honest than from the mouths of BIC members you talk to everyday and who know exactly what kind of information you like!  It’s also a great place to ask questions on any products members have received and know you’ll get a speedy response!

I look forward to seeing all the photos

posted as members receive and open boxes, sharing in the joy and witnessing how everyone’s surprises work for them!

Speaking of gratis that works for me, I have been wearing the Kilian Apple Brandy fragrance from last year all week!!!  A continuous thank you to @TeamBIC for every single time I smell like spicy mince meat tarts🥰🥰🥰🥧

Also, I heard someone say today they finished their holiday shopping.  Show of hands, who’s finished or, ahem… started their holiday shopping?  😆✋🏻 I started and am nowhere near finished status; as collected and organized as that would be.  

B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg

F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg

Re: Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

You gave some great and thorough reviews on the products @eshoe

Thank you, @Loretta55. I hope at least something I said was able to help someone else. 

Thank you for the amazing reviews and thoughts!! So detailed! @eshoe 

Thank you @sister13 💗 I always think of the Nars Primer when I see you, and remember my post about a bad eye primer and how Nars came to save the day. My photo made it seem like the Nars was a no go with the caption. I learned a lot from that interaction and try to incorporate better photos/words in my posts thanks to you 🥰

Aww, that is still one of my all time favorite products!! @eshoe

Thank you @eshoe for taking your time to share your detailed thoughts about the products in the gratis. So useful! I have to try them all because I just received them. I am so exited!

Congrats, @Saradestin! I am looking forward to your thoughts on everything as well. What an incredible gift and way to spend the next few months - perfecting our hair game 😉

I really enjoyed reading your reviews, @eshoe !  I have the same type of hair as you:  fine, thin, untreated, minimal heat use.  The issues you found are pretty much the same as mine.  Although I forgot to mention how quiet the blow dryer is!  Great point!

The two nozzles are different widths at the slitted openings.  I had to hold them side by side to see the difference.

Ahhh that is so helpful and good to know about your hair type, @Titian06. I have been so discouraged by the sorry state of my thinning hair that I have not put much effort into styling into more than anything but a ponytail. Or a banana clip. I have not had a professional cut since COVID hit and have been trimming my hair myself. Every time I do it, there is less and less. I am hoping this dryer helps, in addition to the serum, but am realistic about things. 

Thank you for the tip about the tips. I need to take a closer look the next time I wash my hair, which should be tomorrow. I want to take a photo so I can compare in a few months to see if a different routine and care gives it a boost.

@eshoe  I enjoyed reading your notes and initial thoughts on these! The Moroccan Oil definitely smells wonderful!

It would make such a great summer-fall candle scent, @Shosh85!  

@eshoe  Yes!.... a Moroccan Oil candle! 🙌❤️👌

Thank you for sharing these super in depth reviews @eshoe !!! I definitely agree on the scent descriptor for the scalp serum!!! That’s the only thing I’ve tried so far ! 

You have only tried the Ouai so far, @Kim888? Either you have exceptional restraint, or are super busy 😂 I think you are the one who mentioned TO hair serum to me….it will be interesting to compare them!

Amazing reviews @eshoe thank you!

The two nozzles for the Buttercup are slightly different. I think the wider nozzle allows more air through for quicker drying and working on bigger sections, and the narrow nozzle is for more precise styling when you get out that brush and start making your hair do what you want it to 😋 

Aww, thank you very much, @CynthieLu! Your words are very generous 😊 And now I am going to have to take a closer peek at those tips; in my excitement I suppose it all blurred together!

It's a tie in awesomeness for me with JVN's Blowout Styling Milk, The ButterCup Dryer and the K18 set 🤩🤩

After sometime playing around with the new products I have some thoughts/opinions on them 🌻

K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Molecular Hair Repair Value Set – Full-Size Repair Mask & Free Travel Detox Shampoo 

Shampoo: This shampoo lathers up very well, it defintley deep cleaned my hair and scalp while leaving it very soft and bouncey. It worked excellently with my K18. I'm very impressed and most likely as of now, will be repurchaseing.  No strong smell imo and i didn't lose any more hair colour to the wash than I usually do. I would only use this every other week so as not to strip my fine long hair.

**note I've been using k18 for 8 months prior to this, the shampoo you use -does- make a difference with this product**

K18 Mask: I already love k18. This mask brought my bleached, hilighted hair back to life.  I use this every few washes **not like at first when you use it every wash for a few weeks** for my long fine hair I use 6 pumps and let it process. I follow with a leave in conditioner most times, my hair is very dry and needs more moisture than the mask alone.

I have and will keep buying this mask ❤️ It's a winner for me..

JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL 

I am so into this!

Wow okay. You guys.  I only use 1 pump of this and than blow dry my hair. My hair goes so soft and straight with this and The Butter Cup. It's unreal how well this works for my hair.  And it has style memory into the next day! I really want to see how this holds up to the humidity in the summer, but until wash day my hair has been looking soooo good. I just dry my hair with the wide nozzle. When it's just about dry I switch to the narrow nozzle and use it with my round brush, and my hair looks so good 🤩 This product is heat activated, so it's use with tools.

I love it, I like it's pretty scent and it will last me forever with how little I need, I'm rebuying this as of now for sure!

20221204_112618_mr1670181120301.jpg

Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 

So I use 1 pump of this after I've finished heat styling my hair. 

It has a light scent,  almost almondy and it distributes very nicely when I run it through the ends of my hair. 

Its not to heavy, looks shiny and is in no way heavy or greasy after. Do I like it, yeah I do! Do I like it more than my current hair oil faves? (No.7 Olaplex and Verb Ghost Oil) I haven't decided.  I have to go back and forth between trying them to see how I feel 🤔 

Sorry about the novel! 📖 

I need more time with the Ouai Scalp Serum before writing anything about it 🌸

Looks wonderful @CynthieLu , good reviews too! 

I'm so into this hair milk @Sunnysmom it is amazing, my hair looks so smooth and shiny days after washing, it's unbelievably awesome 👌 

I agree @CynthieLu ! It’s my fav of them all! 😊

2,200 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg
  • F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg
  • 87967830-D08E-48B1-BE3E-F5340513524A.gif
  • michelleshops_0-1669180846671.gif
  • 20221126_093855_mh1669482977981.jpg
  • mervyns open.gif
  • 20221126_135348.jpg