Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

Holiday Greetings to the lovely people of BIC whichever holiday you celebrate! 

As many of you are aware, @TeamBIC has this naughty little habit of turning into a bunch of festive elves and spoiling a random number of active BIC community contributors with a surprise holiday treat come this time of year!  Yeah the imagery is there of TeamBIC in pointy green hats making the magic happen while sipping on hot cocoa.

I’m sure all of you are eager to see what they’ve been up to this season!  I know I am!  They never fail to impress me with their creative box designs (my inner cat loves the boxes as much as the contents) Of course the contents are always wonderful too;);)

This thread is for expressing your community excitement, making wild or educated sleuthed-out guesses as to what could be inside  and for sharing with the community, photos of any gifts you receive, and also for congratulating other community members on their awesome luck and for making BIC the beauty haven it is!   

And once people have had a chance to try out their…ahhhh thé suspense is too much!!!😝, this is a great place to both write and read the best quality product reviews!  It doesn’t get more honest than from the mouths of BIC members you talk to everyday and who know exactly what kind of information you like!  It’s also a great place to ask questions on any products members have received and know you’ll get a speedy response!

I look forward to seeing all the photos

posted as members receive and open boxes, sharing in the joy and witnessing how everyone’s surprises work for them!

Speaking of gratis that works for me, I have been wearing the Kilian Apple Brandy fragrance from last year all week!!!  A continuous thank you to @TeamBIC for every single time I smell like spicy mince meat tarts🥰🥰🥰🥧

Also, I heard someone say today they finished their holiday shopping.  Show of hands, who’s finished or, ahem… started their holiday shopping?  😆✋🏻 I started and am nowhere near finished status; as collected and organized as that would be.  

B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg

F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg

Re: Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

@Mcakes  You have a wonderful strategy for gift giving! And many pleasant memories of past gratis boxes 🥰

@Mcakes  Oh yeah, I remember the hunt for the last remnants of the E&J dry shampoo.  It’s always a sad day when you find out a HG has been discontinued.  
Gifting and hugging are my outbound love languages.  Time and snuggles are my preferred inbound  love languages.  Ha, which don’t match my husbands outbound love language of providing. Somehow it still works. 
as for the reciprocating, I should get cards made stating that reciprocating is unnecessary and that ‘whoever’ is a victim of my gifting sickness and thanks for taking one for the team.  The gift of guilt is never the plan. 

@Mcakes sounds like your gifting strategy this year is on point!  It's so much more rewarding to give carefully selected gifts to the people that you love rather than trying to randomly come up with little things to give others that aren't as close to you.  

BTW, you need to share some looks with your new palette 😉.

@Mcakes 

I feel the same way about gifting. I’ve been very intentional with my purchases and mainly kept to family for this reason. 

Wonderful memories to treasure @Mcakes ! And so many more to be made! 

@Mcakes I love the intentional gift giving! i'm the exact same way - gift-giving (but not receiving, oddly enough!) is absolutely my love language. i love to spoil the people around me, but i have definitely been accused of being over-the-top, or making others in different financial situations a little uncomfortable. they know it's coming from a good place, but there's so much pressure around the holidays to "match" each others gifts.

something ive implemented (and admittedly, the idea came from my parents, who did this when they were university students), is the friends and family potluck! everyone brings a signature dish, and we spend the evening eating, drinking, playing games and enjoying each others company. we also do a secret santa with a strict (read: aggressively enforced) spend limit, so that also takes the pressure off people having to buy an enormous amount of gifts. don't get me wrong though - i'm still me, and will always be a little extra haha. i just have to spread my gift-giving in smaller batches throughout the year, instead of all at the holidays!

@cianni @heartsmyface @Mcakes Gifting is my love language too.  I love to spoil people.

@cianni  the whole ‘matching’ gifts is odd to me.  Gifting is not ‘trading’ or a fair transaction.  If you expect something equal back it’s not a gift it’s a trade .(which is also a lot of fun but call it what it is!) 

what if the thing that makes someone super happy costs more than what would make you super happy?  
Plus it’s insane to think the gifter isn’t getting a lot of joy from the shopping itself combined with the anticipation of and ability to make someone else smile.  I find it MORE fun to gift to people who wouldn’t be able to reciprocate- especially if I know they want something and I can easily make it happen for them.  
Monetary value isn’t where the love is at and the societal ‘rules/expectations’ can just go away.   

ha, ‘aggressively enforced’. Say more!  What happens if you go over budget?  Do you have to show receipts if your spending is challenged?  😆

@cianni a family potluck and Secret Santa exchange sounds like such a fun way to celebrate the holidays!  That just makes a happy picture in my mind 😊.

@CookieGirl1 it's always nice because it's so low-key that family we don't get to see as often just pop in too!

@cianni even better!

@Mcakes  Awww, your cute babies!! 

Intentional is good.  I have fits of being that way, inbetween...well, the other way. 🙂

Gifts, and time, are my love languages.  In our house, one son is the same, and all my guys need "words of affirmation." That just happens to be the language I'm least adept at!

This gratis is hair-related?  I'm putting my vote in for a Kerastase set.

@heartsmyface I missed this whole thread so I'm just catching up on reading everyone's posts 🙃 lol!

So many of you are done shopping or working away at it, way to go everyone! 🥳 

I love this time of year and thou it can be stressful 😅 I started Christmas shopping earlier than I ever have and can happily share i'm mostly finished ❤💚

I have 3 family members who have birthdays around New Years so I still need those, and 5 people and than I'm done! hurray! 😁

So, about the Gratis? I think it's the most exciting thing ever! *yeeee!* 🤩💖

I can't wait to see unboxings! I'm on the edge of my seat about it.  @TeamBIC this is the most amazing thing ever! Thank you so much 💗 🙏😇

That’s awesome @CynthieLu ! Just a little bit and you will be fully done with all gifts! Great job! 👍 

Isn’t the gratis so intriguing and exciting at the same time? 😃

Defintley both @Saradestin  😁

I love how everyone is sharing thier guesses to what it could be 😉 I have no idea! 

eeeee I can't wait for everyone to see their surprises! happy holidays, BIC! 

@AlexBT ,

The excitement and anticipation is building!  The clock is ticking!  Thank you to @TeamBIC, and all involved, for all the time and effort that you have put into this project for us!  🌲  🎁  🎄  

Same to you, @AlexBT!  How's YOUR holiday shopping going?

@AlexBT  So excited!!! Can’t wait to see what surprises blow towards us! 

@AlexBT  Ahhh my excitement is building reading everyone’s excited comments!  I feel like a small child who just can’t wait and I want more clues cause I know you know what we don’t know!  😂🤣 pretty please!  🥹🥹😁

The excitement is building @AlexBT ! @TeamBIC You guys spoil us beyond! Thank you thank you in advance! (PS I want that ornament and wrapping too! ) 🥰🤗💞

2,200 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg
  • F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg
  • 87967830-D08E-48B1-BE3E-F5340513524A.gif
  • michelleshops_0-1669180846671.gif
  • 20221126_093855_mh1669482977981.jpg
  • mervyns open.gif
  • 20221126_135348.jpg
  • 20221126_094554_mh1669483006377.jpg
  • 20221126_095556_mh1669483028542.jpg