Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Customer REWARD & CHECKOUT Experience

Sephora should allow ample time, even 3-5 minutes for someone to checkout before taking out items from our cart! If you don't have info correctly done, or handicapped in some way, you lose out on your product! It gets really frustrating to lose a product that that in your checkout within a second you put it there! It shows lack of respect and bad customer service! Nordstrom is ahead of you in Customer Service as it reserves the item for time to check out, even 5 minutes is sufficient! That is what being a good business of about, taking care of loyal customers and addressing their needs! 🌷💕 Please give this post some love so we can work towards better service for all. Taken from my cart within seconds to 9am!Taken from my cart within seconds to 9am!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Sephora Customer REWARD & CHECKOUT Experience

I agree. I had my cart full and ready to go and kept hitting refresh for the $100 2500pt rouge reward reward. The second it appeared, I successfully added it to my cart, clicked checkout and it was gone. Seriously less than 5 seconds. And I've been trying for weeks to get it. It's a crummy system that Sephora uses to drive traffic and I think it just creates stress and negative feelings. Why not just reward your loyal beauties instead of making us compete? I've been sitting on thousands of points for over a year and I am about done with Sephora. I'd rather they just do away with the reward program than make us feel like we are getting a steal when we spend hours stalking their website for our rewards.

@AlixNicole, I'm sorry you had that experience. I see no...

@Anonymous, I'm sorry you had that experience. I see no reason why Rouge members can't convert points into gift cards whenever they choose (and maybe subject to annual limit). I see no reason why they are limited. It should be a benefit that we choose to draw on if and when we care to.
Anonymous Insider

If I had something in my cart in the store and somebody ran over and grabbed it out of my cart I would be upset and it's not right.  I'd feel the same way if that happened to me while ordering online!  

The Hautelook checkout method where you have a certain amount of time for things in your cart is nice and it gives a fair short amount of time to decide.  Time you would invest to get something would be no different than those who sit there waiting and refreshing for a reward to drop.

Regardless of the method, when Sephora only offers a small amount of something in high demand it promotes people turning into vultures which is sad.

There's something going on with their system. I have been able to "get" some rewards (without the item being removed from cart), check out, receive an e-mail saying my order #.... is confirmed, we'll send you shipping notice.  Next day or couple of days later I got e-mail saying "Sorry your item is OOS" and my reward points back.  This has happened to me twice already. 

The answer to my complaint was "while processing your order your item went OOS".

So even if you check out and get a confirmation e-mail seems to me you can't be sure you'll get the reward.

I got a confirmation e-mail for this reward, I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't get the "we're sorry" mail.

RE: Re: Sephora Customer REWARD & CHECKOUT Experience

This has happened to me with rewards and products. Yesterday, I got the hourglass reward, but still no shipping so I have a feeling the cancellation notice is coming

Re: RE: Re: Sephora Customer REWARD & CHECKOUT Experience

@kapeterson24 Don't lose hope! 800 units is quite a few to ship out, maybe yours is coming soon 🙂

Called to rouge concierge. Waited 10 minutes to be told my chances of getting it are 50/50. They'll give me 250 pts for my trouble. Great. 

I'm hoping. It seems trivial I know, but we recently bought a used car that the seller wasn't honest about, and is going to cost a bunch of money. My grandfather passed away on Monday. My birthday is next weekend, and it would just be nice if one small thing would go right. This has happened to me before though, and I feel like if I were actually getting it, it would've shipped by now    

RE: Re: Sephora Customer REWARD & CHECKOUT Experience

Same here. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

RE: Sephora Customer REWARD & CHECKOUT Experience

I wanted this so bad!! 😢

I'm fine with the current "first come, first served" system as well; I'd prefer once and done to know I don't have to keep stalking a reward to see if someone wound up releasing it.

There's going to be frustration in any system since there are so few items with so many people wanting them. Changing the checkout system doesn't eliminate the demand, and folks will still be complaining that they couldn't get it.

I ran into the same issue, but I think holding items for 3-5 minutes means many of us won't even be able to add to our cart. I was also able to add to my cart and got through the address page, hit checkout and it was gone. Sad reality, and allowing time to check out probably means most of us won't even be fast enough to add to cart.

I agree with this. I think the current process is fine. Otherwise, it'll be like Hautelook where people hold things in their carts for a certain period of time and you have to keep checking to see if those people give up the products or not. 

Yes! @txcatx Hautelook is super frustrating sometimes.

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 45 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • Taken from my cart within seconds to 9am!
testing