Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Is Sephora worth it?

Has anyone else lately been finding the samples and rewards are not at all good as they used to be? I have been finding it more reasonable to purchase products from the companies that offer them rather then Sephora as these companies usually offer better prices, samples and deals. 

plus Sephora brand products just arnt anything special. 

Re: Is Sephora worth it?

I would say if you have a certain brand that you buy products from then sign up for their emails and watch the vendor’s email and compare their savings with Sephora. My experience has been that if you are not a beauty junkie then the vendors are going to save you more money. 

Yes!!  I’ve started shopping at individual

retailers more.  They are often out of my requested products both in store and online with no answer in sight.  Sephora has definitely gone down hill.

Honestly, yes, Sephora doesn't always have the best samples/rewards in the Bazaar, but I would say that some of Sephora's promos/sales are actually really good! For example, there's an additional 20% off all sale items right now, which is a great deal if you consider the fact that there's over 500 sales items on the site right now, and many of those items are already 50%+ off. Also, I would say that with the benefits that being a Beauty Insider, VIB, or Rouge gets you, it's cheaper and easier for me to buy all my products from Sephora. It would be more expensive to pay for shipping/set up rewards accounts/etc. on each different beauty brands' websites, but through Sephora, I can get all the brands I like with free shipping (since it's so much easier to hit the minimum), and rewards points do rack up over time.

As a frequent participant in the Sephora Review section as well as the Beauty Insider Community, I have also had the opportunity to receive gratis packages from Sephora in exchange for product reviews, which is another added benefit of shopping at Sephora. I really like how they review those who frequently engage with the Sephora BIC, which is another reason why I've continued to purchase beauty products through them. 

@kodique I have been shopping whoever has the best discount. 

Yes I can agree with you @SportyGirly125  there are moments of hit or miss when it comes to free gifts but getting something free is fun also can be a downer it's how you look at it .. also it's all about timing be it free sample or Points Bazaar.. that's what I  feel.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing