Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Fake or Original

Hey everyone, I purchased a Becca Ultimate Coverage 24hour Foundation from a local person claiming she got it in her Boxy Charm subscription and it wasn’t her shade (I’m in the Caribbean). However after I purchased it she reposted the product again in another local group giving me the impression that she had a few bottles in stock and they may not be original. My skin is really sensitive  and I usually buy stuff straight from Sephora but it was a good deal and I didn’t have to wait weeks for shipping so I bought it. However before I actually use it on my skin I was wondering if there are any telltale signs that it’s a fake/original. Thank you! 

00FDFC37-5F4E-41C0-81D5-0F55E1DE8A71.jpeg

5323759B-FD01-4B88-BF8C-DA256AFE6E36.jpeg

Re: Fake or Original

@Milliebuggs   I would look for the batch number either on the box or bottle and contact Becca to see if the batch number matches the shade on file.  A lot of counterfeit products use bogus batch numbers or will use one batch number for multiple counterfeit products.  
This product was recently featured in Boxycharm boxes so odds are it is legit but when in doubt go to the source.  

I’d definitely try this. I actually tried contacting them asking if there were any signs to tell from the bottle or the box and they just gave me the “out of our jurisdiction purchase from authorised stores” kinda answer. 😕 Thank you though, I would be bothering them again xD. I just don’t want to mess up my skin right now 😩

@heartsmyface 

@Milliebuggs   Maybe don’t ask them specifically about counterfeits but rather ‘how old is this batch?’ and send a photo of the batch number.   😉 

A lot of people in sub box buy/sell/trade groups buy multiple boxes or add-ons to sell to make a bit of $. Or some people buy multiples of a thing in add-ons for cheaper hoping it'll work for their skin, but then for whatever reason it doesn't. I wouldn't worry about the fact that she had multiples. There is usually a safe seller list in the group or the mods of the group will know of a scammer warning group, for the future, @Milliebuggs.

Thank you! I’m in one of those groups that how I got it lol. It’s just I know people are shady at times and my island is small but a lot of people tend to sell fakes, I just had to ask the pros. Thank you again, I really appreciate it! ☺️ 
@haleyvvvv 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • 00FDFC37-5F4E-41C0-81D5-0F55E1DE8A71.jpeg
  • 5323759B-FD01-4B88-BF8C-DA256AFE6E36.jpeg
testing