cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extraordinary Rewards Experience

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are hearing your feedback regarding today’s Extraordinary Rewards experience. If we haven’t been able to respond to you personally yet, please know that we have read your feedback and definitely understand your frustration. The rewards sold out much quicker than we anticipated, so we were unable to send out the planned email or post to our social channels. We’re sorry if you missed out on these exciting rewards. The response has been overwhelming and we are happy to announce that there will be more extraordinary rewards coming this year.

If you have specific questions or need assistance, please PM a moderator for help. We appreciate your understanding and value the helpful feedback you’ve provided here on BeautyTalk.

Re: Extraordinary Rewards Experience

As Tupac so eloquently said "they don't give a **bleep** about us"...evidenced by this response and everything in general with the rouge program and this failed mega point crap.

Sending out emails and rewards selling out really fast are two separate matters. They have nothing to do with each other.

I have a great idea: why not send out the emails FIRST and then make the rewards available? Here I saved you thousands of un/happy (former?) customers. You are welcome Sephora! 

Over it. 

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, b/c I agree with much of what has already been said. I'll just say that this kind of crap is exactly why I am spending my beauty $$' s elsewhere until Sephora makes SERIOUS changes to how they treat their customers. This coming from a long-time BI that was so loyal to Sephora that I spent a lot of $$ here over the years and even maintained the Promo Code List on BT for a bit. Now I will happily shop at Nordstrom, Neiman's, Macy's and Ulta, where I feel my purchases are appreciated and rewarded fairly.

Yup. I just made my first non-Sephora purchase. Two Lancôme lipsticks purchased at Bergdorf's that are very available at Sephora. And it comes with five free non-foil sized samples. 

Personally I agree I would rather have the points used as money off to make up for the fact that they lack in giving decent sales and if they can't give us that then atleast make the 500 point rewards better

While I appreciate the statement, I feel that this is a little patronizing. Saying that you're sorry we missed out on these extraordinary rewards that sold out much quicker than expected..... feels like you're saying, "Sucks to suck, losers!" Maybe I'm not smart enough to run a company but I don't understand why it's so hard to just send out emails before they put the products up. They do this every time, and we complain every time and get nowhere. I feel bad for the people who bought things to get their points up for these trap rewards.

trap

*sigh* I feel so left out. I had no idea these were even coming this soon, let alone the fact that this bs occurred today until just now. I've been saving my points hoping for something to come along that was worthwhile. This is disappointing, and is *exactly* the reason why I will not be making Rouge again. And at this rate, they'll be lucky if I even hit VIB. I get more and more turned off by Sephora as the days/months go on.

Why was it said that there would be enough point perks to go around? Why was it said that an email with info about the perks would be sent out prior to the rewards going released? And seriously - "sold out much quicker than we anticipated" - my goodness, based on past experiences what exactly were you anticipating?

Actual suggestion:

So a 2000 point perk was the UD vault. Why aren't there monthly 1000 point perks that are full sized eyeshadow palette? The values of these perks are soooo inconsistent.  The 500 point perks are pathetic - they should include AT LEAST 1 full size product. Then you wouldn't have people hoarding points for years.

I agree with your suggestion.If they had more frequent higher point perks there wouldn't be such a mad dash to snap them up! People wouldn't feel like grabbing one just because they know they won't get another opportunity for who knows how long,if ever.We'd know if we missed out on one,or decided to pass on it,then there would be another on it's way. 

Hear, hear.

I read a lot of speculation and conflicting information this week about if the release would actually be today or at a later date, so much that I figured it wasn't happening yet and I opted for sleep over staying up in nervous anticipation. I just logged on for the first time today and saw this entire clustercuss. I am relieved that I didn't bother with it -- don't need the extra stress, although I would have liked to see what all the offers were and possibly get one of the lower-value ones with all of these **bleep** points I have accrued -- but I am disturbed by how unorganized in the release and unapologetic in the aftermath Sephora has proven to be. Just reading through the complaints and concerns is upsetting. I'm so sorry for any of you who feel personally slighted, and I hope that Sephora does some serious **bleep**-kissing to make up for it. I agree that the entire situation sounds unfair and deliberate (or, if not deliberate, then completely negligent considering their extensive history of technical problems). The more things like this happen, the more we will divert our beauty spending elsewhere. What a bummer, Sephora.

The bleep kissing ain't going to happen.  The way this debacle was handled from the jump is the way Sephora does things.  They don't want to make up for it and there's no incentive for them to do so.  "We're sorry if you (work for a living and can't stay up all night on the chance that the event might happen) and missed out on these exciting rewards."  Seriously?

I just have one question for Sephora: HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN? Seriously. That's not rhetorical. Even if you don't actually post an answer, I hope you at least ask yourselves that and attempt to come up with an answer. Very limited + high anticipation + manufactured hype and you're somehow SURPRISED they disappeared as fast as they did? Do you also think the world disappears when you shut your eyes?

I was up at 1am PST and honestly, not personally angry about much of this, but the level of total stupidity and just complete ignorance is just shocking... Which is saying a lot given the minimal expectations Sephora has set for itself over the last year or two. I genuinely don't understand the logic and rationale. 

upload_3384115164700365675.gif

This year being VIBRouge means nothing. I remember all the full size gifts we got last year. This year nothing. It would have been great to receive an email or early access to the rewards. Do VIBR not get any perks anymore? What are our incentives now? Why should we continue to being so much money here instead of other retailers? 

What fullsize gifts?

(I've been Rouge since the program was introduced, and while I've read about people receiving freebies/just-because gifts on the internets, out of the 700,000 or so Rouge members, they represent a tiny, tiiiiny fraction.)

I don't remember full sized gifts. 😞

This is your apology?! Nobody is going to take this apology. People are annoyed with how you treat loyal customers. There's so much disappointment and all people get is this? Nothing else. I feel like a formal apology and maybe a coupon or something would probably sit better with people...I'm flabbergasted...

You know people were waiting for these rewards.  Why not send out an email about the rewards first and then post them?

All I see in the OG post is an excuse disguised as an apology.

Rather than owning up to things that were done wrong on their side, acknowledging the problems or even just actually apologizing for what happened. Instead, You're blaming the amount of product you had, the quickness the products sold out and instead of an apology, it's a "sorry if you couldn't get your hands on the rewards" like its OUR fault we weren't fast enough or weren't awake enough to stay up till crazy hours in the morning for your limited rewards. 

I also love how it ends with "we appreciate your understanding" like, literally no one is "understanding" not ONE person is actually sympathizing with Sephora in any way. Everyone is mad. Even people who received rewards recognizes how **bleep** this event was. What everyone understands is that Sephora apparently does not see this as a problem with their rewards system, their programming, and just their customer service altogether. 

If you are really "hearing" our feedback, take some **bleep** responsibility for what happened. 

This promo was such a bunch of BS!  I never spend my points because frankly all of the rewards are crap!  There were finally some things I wanted to spend all of the points I've been hoarding on and then this happens.  I am so done with Sephora, I already cut my spending here in half by shopping elsewhere but I have all of these worthless points just sitting there.  I absolutely hate Sephora right now and it breaks my heart to say that!

With the lack of decent perks in general, I am hoping that maybe there'll be a really great 500 point perk that I can get 12 of. Seriously. Why do I have these points if we don't get reasonable options to redeem them? What happened early this morning does not sound reasonable to me. And truthfully, I do not except those kind of fantastic perks everyday. Just get some more "regular" 500 and 1000 point perks we haven't seen 12,000 times so I can cash in these points eventually and get outta Dodge (but I'll still love BT).

testing