I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
September was fairly successful for me! I don't keep track of any foils I use, so those aren't included.
Will buy again:
- Barefoot Venus Vanilla Shake bath soak - loooooove this! It smells amazing and my skin is so soft. I just wish there was more product in a tin!
- Hourglass Veil Primer - I really do like this primer. Nice and light.
- I always buy more B&BW hand sanitizer. I liked this pineapple scent!
- Stila CC - the colour is a tad too dark for me, and I'm a little too oily for this at times but it blends so well and has good coverage.
- GlamGlow Supermud - I like this but not sure I love it.
- Caudalie cleansing water - I'm not sure how I feel about cleansing waters in general. I might come back to this one day, but I'm just not sure yet...
- UD All-Nighter spray - This is decent but I'm not sure it's amazing.
Everything else is a "never again"!
I don't really have much to photograph, but I have TONS of empties. For one, I have my Lights, Camera, Splashes mascara from Tarte (I love it!), I also have the Neutrogena face cleansers, in both hydrating and foaming. Along with that, my Neutrogena blackhead eliminating daily scrub, same with my Nivea Lip Butter, Smith's Minted Rose lip balm, and Smith's Rosebud salve.
Herbal Essence Body Wash - Rose
Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover
GlamGlow Youth Mud
Joico K Pak Hair Mask
UD Deslick Setting Spray
Smashbox Photofinish Blemish Control Primer
MUFE HD Primer
Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Shampoo
Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Conditioner
Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara
LUSH Mask Of Magnaminty
Korres Mattifying Treatment
Michael Todd Organic Lemon Toner
Will Not Be Repurchasing:
UD Pore Perfecting Primer
Touch in Sol Feel like Honey moon Skin Base
Hempz Coconut & Watermelon Body Wash
ELF Makeup Removing Wipes
ELF Exfoliating Makeup Removing Wipes
Garnier Skin Renew 5 Second Blur
Well, I think I finally figured out how to get iPod photos into BT-
I checked my Mascara stash and these are either empty or expired, and I finished Lancome Renergie Volumetry Night (meh) and Olay Regenerist Eye and Lash Serum (did nothing).
Mascaras are 2 BLINC (Fairy Drops Scandal Queen works better), Smashbox Bionic (flakes), Rimmel Sexy Curves (bought while travelling, was ok as an emergency mascara, but not my fave), UD Lush Lash Mascara (flakes/racoon eyes rather soon after application).
Boring, I know, but I finished an entire bottle of the Tresseme Smooth and Silky Shampoo and Conditioner! I never commit to just one shampoo and conditioner but I already have a new set of this in my shower - its awesome!
Trip Empties (the ones I, my husband or the GRA did not toss anyway)
Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Oil Mist
Givenchy Le Rouge (loved the formula even though I did not like the color, Manderine Bolero)
Armani liquid foundation (color was wrong, but it felt great on)
Bare Minerals Liquid foundation (even the color was a perfect match)
H2o+ Spa Shampoo
Key West Lotion
Ulta Nail polish remover wipe
H2o+ Spa Conditioner
Shine body soap
H2o+ body soap
H2o+ face soap (used for hands only)
Not for Me
Shine body lotion (too thin for winter, probably summer as well)
There wasn't much sample usage during December for me but here they are.
Already did/Will Buy:
Huggies Sensitive & Soothing (Cucumber & Green Tea) Wipes - I love these. They smell great and they're so durable for wiping things down and taking off lipstick when I'm trying new things out. Already bought a 3 pack.
Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser - Gets my brushes good and clean. Will repurchase as soon as I use up my sephora brand one.
Neutrogena shine control powder. I liked it but I have other powders to use up first.
It's So Big Mascara. Again, I liked it but I have a ton other mascaras to use up.
Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant - trying others before repurchasing.
Will not repurchase:
Elf exfoliating makeup wipes - have been forcing myself to use up all of these I bought. Hate them. Only 2 more packs to go.
Olay oil minimizing toner - Ughh. Straight up alcohol. Left my skin dry and tight. BURNED.
I just emptied my trash under my vanity yesterday. Next time I'll take a pic of my empties. Although I don't think they're as exciting as these are but I like to see/read the reviews of the products other people used up.
- Sephora triple action cleansing water
- ACT mouthwash
- Hawaiian tropic sunscreen- I use this on my hand, arms, neck and ears through out the day (I sit near a window at work). I actually love the coconut smell
- Caudalie hand and nail cream- love love love
- Nutranail 5 to 7 day growth- this is discontinued
- Hourglass film noir mascara
- Hourglass(deluxe sample) lipstick in grace
- NARS stick concealer
- OH sheer transformations- a daily use product just trying to use up samples
Meh (will not repurchase)
- Dr. Jart+ All that and firm mask
- Bit lip wipes- Loved the wipe I had a dark red lipstick that I know to stain my lips, but I used this wipe and the lipstick came off with no remaining stain. The reason I put it in “meh” is because of their price I probably wouldn’t repurchase
- Loccitane rose hand cream- this is good stuff just not as good as the Caudalie hand cream
- UD lip liner in native- good lip liner it’s just the color was too dark for me so it darkened up all my lipsticks.
- YSL babydoll mascara- I liked this mascara on it’s own, but I found it started to flake off by the end of my workday. It did not work well with my Dior lash maximizer which is HG for me so this is a no go for me.
- Korres wild rose 24 hour moisturizer- I love the sleeping mask, but this moisturizer was just meh for me
- Jurlique rose mist- I saw no difference using this product but the small spray bottle is cute and I will reuse it.
- Phyto secret de nuit- I saw no difference using this product
- Sample of Flower bomb- I like this scent a lot, but it is strong. It lingers a loooong time on me.
Did not like
- REN radiance mask- just didn’t work with my skin
- Loccitane almond shower oil- the product itself was fine, but I struggled to get the cap open every single time I went to use it. It was so frustrating!!!
- Formula X nail strengthener- didn’t strengthen my nails I ended up using it as a top coat
- Viva la juicy- I used to love this scent to the point that I had backup roller balls. But my likes have changed and I am over this scent. It was all I could do to use this up, the backup roller balls have been donated.
- LOccitane shea butter- this was too greasy for my likes but the small tin container is adorable and I will reuse it.
Will have to round up my empties this weekend! I've been prone to hoarding empty packaging and samples so I think this thread will be a good way to help me move on and free up some space for other stuff.
My February empties. I don't really need to repurchase anything, as I have plenty of other products and samples to use up, so I'm dividing my list into likes and dislikes.
- Not Your Mother's Way to Grow Long and Strong shampoo and conditioner: Perfectly serviceable, though I have other S&Cs I've liked more. I like the squeeze-tube packaging.
- Burt's Bees sensitive makeup remover wipes: my HG
- Marc Jacobs Makeout lip balm: It's lip balm; you can't really go wrong.
- Josie Maran BearNaked and Butter London Scrubbers nail polish remover wipes: These both smelled great and really worked. But I have 1.5 bottles of traditional polish remover to get through.
- Bliss Triple Oxygen+C Energizing Cream: Dunno if it recharged my skin, but it was a nice, light moisturizer.
- GlamGlow eye pod: Love these, really takes care of my dark circles and puffiness.
- Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover: my HG
- Sephora Ginseng mask: The scent was so off-putting. The only mask from this collection that I dislike.
- Random Algenist eye cream: The name wore off the tub. It was OK.
- Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Night Cream & Bareminerals Prime Time primer: Once I used up the night cream, I depotted the rest of the primer into the container. Both were OK, but I wouldn't repurchase.
- GlamGlow SuperCleanse in-store sample: This did nothing and I never felt like my skin was clean.
- Illamasqua Hydra Veil primer: Gel consistency was too slippery. You can't buy this in NA anymore anyway.
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara: Clump city.
- Marc Jacobs Blaquer mascara: Good only for a few weeks before it clumped up. The good thing is that the formula doesn't smudge.
- Benefit Total Moisture cream: This made my skin burn.
- Dr. Jart Ceramidin cream: Too thick and hard to absorb into skin.
- AmorePacific Future Response day and night eye creams: Nothing special. I have a ton more samples of this that I might just give away.
- Dior Hydra Life eye cream: Nothing special; sort of a weird fragrance.
- Clarins Multi-Active cream: Nothing special.
- Verso Super Eye Serum: not hydrating enough.
here we are with februarys empties!!
these are products i wouldn’t hesitate to repurchase! in fact…i already have!!!
~ brow whiz (soft brown): this is hg status for me!! my brows just don’t feel the same without it. the colour is a perfect match for my brows, the pencil is thin and creates a realistic looking brow and the spoolie is amazing!
~glyosomed hand cream: this is hg status in the winter for me. i use it on my hands and feet. it’s the only thing i’ve found that is strong enough to keep me from cracking but isn’t greasy.
these are products that i liked but i’m still on the hunt for “something better”. i may or may not repurchase in the future
~ benefit boi ing concealer – this lasted quite a long time. the colour match was pretty good and i could use it for covering blemishes, and starting the under eye conceal – but it creased like crazy if i didn’t set with powder asap.
~revlon whipped colour stay foundation (shade 330 true beige) – i actually really like this foundation! i have combo/dry skin and it doesn’t cling to my dry patches. i’ve gone through 3 of these. realistically i’m going to repurchase at some point but i want to play
~sephora daily brush cleaner – this cleaned my brushes well enough for a daily spot treatment. its ok but i have something else that i’m currently trying
~first aid beauty facial radiance pads – i like these for days when i’m breaking out. i feel like it gives me a little extra exfoliation that i need without being too abrasive. i currently have another package that i’m working on.
these are products that i wouldn’t repurchase if you paid me!
~ ponds wet cleansing towelettes – i hate these!!! these were dry, didn’t clean the makeup off my face and irritated my skin. no thank you!
~vaseline cocoa butter – i think the issue with this is the bottle was too big and i got bored! when i started using it i remember liking it, but now i’m just over it! it seems greasy feeling and just not moisturizing enough
~devacurl ultra defining gel and styling cream: both of these are hg status for me! i could not and will not live without them!!! my hair loves them!
~bareminerals mineral veil: i haven’t repurchased yet because i have something “similar” its been like a week – i already miss it!
~benefit porefessional primer – this just works with my skin. evens out my skin leaving me with a smooth surface for foundation!
~kat von d – unlock it makeup removing wipes: these are amazing!!! the amount of makeup taken off with one swipe was amazing!!
~glamglow thirsty mud – this leaves my skin feeling hydrated. i can really feel the difference after using this!
~glam glow powermud dual cleanse – this leaves my face feeling deep cleaned but not stripped and dry
~algenist complete eye renewal balm and anti aging moisturizer – these are amazing!! they leave me hydrated and my skin feeling fresh
~shiseido ultimure power infusing concentrate – i just don’t feel like this did anything.
February empties (posted really late)
- Bumble & Bumble Thickening shampoo & Conditione
- Cotton rounds,
- Denta toothpaste,
- Elizabeth & James nirvana black & white perfume,
- Tom ford velvet orchid perfume.
- replica beach walk perfume
- shower caps
- Agave hair oil
- tokyomilk dark tainted love handcream
- Lady speed stick deodorant Teen spirit pink crush
- Generic relaxing lavender bath soak salts
Nope, Not for me!:
Philosophy Hope In a jar moisturizer
makeup forever HD cream blush
UD Deslick - Will repurchase this forever. Love love love.
Joico K-Pak Hair Mask - I have another travel size and a full size. It really helped my hair when I was dyeing it.
FAB Face Cleanser - I have several of these as well as a ton of other cleansers I need to use up before repurchasing.
FAB Ultra Repair Cream - Love this stuff when I sometimes get dry patches
Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes - Love these but I found some Equate brand I love better and you get twice the amount for half the price.
VS Bodywash - Smelled good. Nothing Special.
Storebrand nail polish remover - Took a little while to take all the polish off.
Sweet Pea bodywash - Got this in a gift set. Mehh.
Lady Speedstick Deodorant - Got this in a pinch from the hotel I stayed at when my grandpa was in the hospital. I love my Dove a whole lot more.
HG/Maintenance Products - Head & Shoulders, Morrocanoil Extra Volume Shampoo, Glamglow Supermud, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Boscia Konjac Sponge, Clinique Sunscreen
Loves - Fresh Rose Face Mask (Repurchased), Sephora Green Tea Mask (Repurchased)
Likes - Tory Burch Perfume (I have a full-size of this that's been unopened since February, I can't seem to make up my mind about it. I think it may be that I love Chloe way too much to switch.)
Indifferences - Tatcha Serum, Tatcha Moisture Rich Silk Creme, Karuna mask, Missha Mask
Have not shared here since my Jan empties, so these are from Feb. I was tempted to order a replacement Bumble and Bumble Oil during the recent sample offers, but they all look like the same faulty tubes. And, I ordered a bit of shampoos lately, so I am pretty stocked.