Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@flamingolegs I love that Burt’s Bees foot cream for winter, but yeah, it’s way to greasy for anything else. and it takes forever to absorb!

Last week’s Empties:

5381AB9B-F83D-4B54-9420-31285732A50B.jpeg

Meh:

CS Vitamin C was okay - didn’t love it. But I’m going to give it another shot this week

Kopari - it was also fine but I don’t think I’d seek it out. If I found it on clearance at TJ Maxx again I would buy it, though!

@scott1201 do you know how long the ABH lasted you? I’ve been on one for what seems like forever🤔

Maybe 6 months with near daily use? They last forever! Thankfully, this one ran out at a perfect time - my hair is much darker and skin much lighter since summertime and soft brown was way too warm. I just started a medium brown which looks much better 😁 @eshoe

Pretty modest month of empties, I am trying to finish some FS products for december 🙂 LovesLoves

Spoiler
Delon+ Cotton Rounds (from Costco) : Love it, they are really resistent, perfect to remove nail polish and love to use them to apply my toner at night. They're really gentle to use on the eyes and face and lint free so you don't get cotton residue on your face.
Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna : There's a nice golden shimmer, not too intense. Love that it doesn't look too orange/reddish on my skin tone.
Caudalie Resveratrol Eye Lifting Balm : Lightweight, brightening, looks nice under concealer.
Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil : Was really impressed by this oil. Made my skin look supple and firm (doesn't improve cellulite much, but helps stretch marks), absorbs quickly but still deeply nourish your skin. My boyfriend loved the minty smell of it, I didn't mind it.

LikesLikes

Spoiler
PTR 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask : Hydrating and helps reduce dullness.
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy : Love this perfume, sweet and summery scent. My only con is that it doesn't last more than 2-3 hours.
Living Proof Restore perfecting spray : Helps detangling my wet hair, not totally "featherweight" like described in my opinion, but conditioning.
Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm : Like a primer with skincare benefits. My skin did look super smooth, it reminded me of the Tatcha Silk Canvas primer.
SDJ Brazilian Bod Buff : Like it, makes my skin smooth and it's not drying. It does leave a yellow tint on my skin if not rinsed properly.
Biore Self heating one minute mask : It gets pretty hot and opens up your pores. It made my skin feel cleansed. My boyfriend also liked using them.
St Ives Revitalizing Sheet Mask : Really liked the results and the smell, even though the serum felt watery. I would buy again.
Naturally Upper Canada Vitamin C Sheet mask : Okay, not outstanding, but not bad.
OleHenriksen Invigorating Night Transformation Gel : Stings a lot for a sensitive skin, my skin gets red, but it does helps smooth the texture of my skin.
Beauty blender blendercleanser solid : Nice, but I prefer the sephora solid brush cleanser, it's less expensive and does a better job.

MehMeh

Spoiler
Dermovia Lace A Peel (from Boxycharm) : I hated this, i didn't feel any "compression" from the lace mask, plus it hurted my ears. I would recommend the Boscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask a thousand times over this one.
Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Eye Masks : Not bad, but I think I prefer gel eye patches.
Anonymous Insider

Costco cotton rounds FTW!! @ellem24

@ellem24 I second the Sephora solid brush cleaner.  It just seems to work better at really cleaning out brushes. I feel like with the Beautyblender solids I have to rinse and repeat washing in order to get my bushes to look clean. Waste of having to use more product and money. 

@Mrose251 I cannot agree more!

Thanks for your thoughts on the Sephora solid brush cleanser. I might check that out when I run out of my BB solid @ellem24.

@eshoe It's so worth it!! 

IMG_3392.jpg

Spoiler
My Beauty Diary Aloe Sheet Mask: this is one of my staples as it always makes my skin feel really good. 
Tatcha The Deep Cleanse: I got this as part of a set and it lasted almost three months! I liked it so much that I purchased the full size product during Tatcha's Black Friday sale. 
Dr Wonder Pimple Patches: I don't think these are quite as effective as the COSRX ones but they are a bit softer and so do work better on curves and creases. 
Savlon Antiseptic Cream: another one of my staples for wound care and acne.
Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment: I got this as a beauty offer sample and liked it well enough to buy the full size product during the VIB sale. 
Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Eye Serum: I really like this product but the packaging for the full size applicator is apparently janky and that's very off-putting given the price.
Tatcha The Essence: this was the first essence that I tried and I really liked it so I bought the full sized product when Tatcha had their 20% off Friends & Family sale. 
Tatcha The Silk Cream: I got this as part of a set and did like it but it is hard to justify the high price point so I don't know if I would ever purchase the full size product. 
Olay - I used this for years because I liked the smell and it reminded me of my Mum wearing it when I was a child... I actually think it is a really nice hand cream (doesn't really cut it as a face cream now that I'm older) but I'm trying to move to cruelty free beauty.
Tatcha Indigo Soothing Hand Cream: not sure that I'm all that fond of the smell of this cream and it seemed to leave my hands feeling slightly sticky for a while after application.

RE: Empties

Spoiler

L’Occitane Shea hand cream - a winter staple in my purse 

Overtone Vibrant Orange Daily Conditioner -
the best colour depositing conditioner I've tried, and love that I don't need to cold water rinse 

Murad Hydrodynamic Quenching Essence -
a travel bag essential for combatting airplane cabin skin

Essence Drying Drops -
my fave for quick drying polish

Odacite Jo+L, Bl+C vials -
travel bag essentials for unexpected breakouts

Karuna Clarifying / Karuna Exfoliating x2 / Karuna Age Defying x2 / Karuna Brightening / Karuna Hydrating / Karuna Antioxidant -
all very hydrating, nourishing, brightening, etc (see * below)

Life Exfoliating Foot Mask -
the quickest foot peel I've tried; started within 3 days and was over by day 8

DDG Ferulic Acid + Retinol x4 -
weekly staples for maintaining clarity and glow

Foreo H2Overdose x2 -
one of the most hydrating masks I've tried 

Foreo Youth Junkie -
a thick, rich serum that is nourishing and softening

* I tried a lot of the Karuna sheet masks this month in conjunction with the Foreo UFO to see how that would improve them since I was already familiar with how they worked for me. Commentary is based on usage with UFO heating/cooling/light settings.

Spoiler
Naked Bath Bombs x 3 - these were a nice treat for sore feet

Amika Soul Food Mask -
weighed my hair down a little too much

FAB Radiance Pads -
was in my travel bag; I have others I prefer more

Makeup Wipes x2 -
used while traveling; still ended up triple cleansing afterwards 

Mahalo Pele Mask -
it's not as drying at Problem Solver but also not quite as effective

Odacite Rose + Neroli Mist -
didn't love the scent and didn't notice any benefit

Juice Beauty Brightening Essence -
did not like the filmy feeling it left on the skin

YSL The Shock mascara -
just ok, don't love the scented nature of YSL

Hourglass Caution mascara -
too natural for me

Milk Kush mascara -
too clumpy for me

Rahua Amazon Oil -
great at nourishing and making my hair soft, but also made me too greasy feeling

Spoiler
Guerlain Abeille Royale Double R Serum x14 - I was curious to try these because of the honey aspect but these were literally one of the worst serums I've ever tried. They clogged my pores so badly I'm still trying to clear up the damage.

Malin + Goetz Sage Styling Cream - too thick and pasty

Foreo Matte Maniac - was really looking forward to this as an oily person, but it didn't do much other than break me out

I spent a good chunk of BF straightening and sorting and cleaning out my samples instead of shopping. The result is that I'm gonna look like a bit of a crazy person here with a couple of these items 😂

IMG_20181129_121316450.jpg

Spoiler
LOVES
Smashbox Primerizer: didn't even know I had some foils, but I squeezed them all into my full size bottle. This is an excellent extra-layer-of-moisture in the winter.

Omorovicza Ultramoor Mud Mask: while some clay masks are better than others, I generally believe most clays are basically equal. Except this one. It really does tighten and smooth my skin out significantly, and the results last for 2-3 days. Pure magic!

IMG_20181129_121741867.jpg

Spoiler
LIKES/FINE
PTR Cloud Cleanser: quite gentle, an excellent morning option for me. But...while I appreciate the thought process and reasoning behind "no fragrance added", the ingredients kinda stink. Would use again but won't buy.

Hairfood Dry Shampoo: I've loved previous bottles, but this one seemed a little different (or maybe my taste keeps changing). It left more texture/product feel than I recall, leaving my hair stiff like I had gone overboard with hairspray by day three. I have more (I'm a hoarder, of course I do), so I'll have to give it another shot to see if this was a bad can or what.

Tarte Deep Dive Cleansing Gel: I think this would be a bit too drying for me if I used it every day, but I limit it to 1-2 times a week; it's my second cleanse on makeup days, and it suits its purpose there. I found a ton of samples and packets (obviously lol) and dumped them all into my big bottle. I don't think I'll buy the cleanser again, but I doubt I'll ever run out anyways 🤣

Ole Henriksen Cold Pore Plunge Mask: fun color, easy to remove, and does a decent job cleaning me up. While I didn't find the cooling effect all that noticeable in the summer, I discovered that it's way too cold for the winter last night 😂 I have more but will save it for warmer days.

Tata Harper Regenerating cleanser: I really liked this and wish I had more, but I doubt I'll buy it due to price. Citrus scent (yum), a few small scrubby grains, but not too many, and it left me feeling clean and refreshed without being tight or dry. 

Tarteguard 30: something else I found a bunch of packets of, and they expire in Feb/Mar, so it's time to use them up. I'm liking it so far...it's lightweight and I haven't had any issues with pilling.

Estee Lauder Nutritious Vitality Cleanser: I was happy to find I had a packet of this...I came across this product on sale once and became fascinated with it for some reason, but it was oos so I couldn't buy it. It's perfumed, but at least faintly so, and it really doesn't take much at all. It leaves my skin feeling like silk when I'm done. I'm not sure a full size is something I'll spring for after all, due to the scent, but I'd happily use more samples.

Kiehl's Calendula toner: I'm on the hunt for a new toner since my previous love has started bothering my eyes. I prefer acid toners, but this was gentle and effective, so it may become a good option if I can't find an acidic variety that I like.

Biobelle Afterparty sheet mask: one of the only sheet mask brands I consistently like. They fit well, the scent is light and fresh, they don't move around, and my skin just feels good afterwards.

Wow @RGbrown you finished so many minis!! I've also started to dig into my minis stash - I probably won't need to be purchasing any skincare for a long time ( but I can't help myself) haha 🙂

RE: Empties

I’m traveling and took advantage to use up a bunch of foils and travel size. The Fresh face wash ha such a strong cucumber smell that I really disliked it. Glad I am almost out of it. Most of the green heart items I regularly use in my routine.

Re: RE: Empties

I love and swear by the L'Occitane Imortelle Line.  It keeps my skin happy in the winter!

RE: Re: RE: Empties

I just didn’t care that particular product. I do like some other things from the line.

LovesLoves

LikesLikes

Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mLlasted a year and 5 months with daily use. After I finish my backup deluxe size, I will be repurchasing. By far one of the best cleansers I have tried for combating breakouts.

FC9EB1F3-FC8B-431B-8031-5C812F0700A4.jpeg

Empties

Being in the woods camping this week really hindered my progress but managed to get some

Weekly trash:D19D3924-5E4A-496F-81F2-314F1F8B3995.jpeg

Spoiler
Everything here except for the Sachajuan Conditioner, Whole Foods Nourishing Royal Jelly mask, and fresh Vitamin Nectar Vitamin C Powder have already been repurchased.

DE835A4E-DE70-4D93-BDF0-E9EAA4A17399.jpeg

A2C2F9FC-84A9-4ED2-AB32-82E3FB837562.jpeg

Spoiler
Maison Margiela’s By the Fireplace is almost a dupe for Commodity’s Velvet, but more powdery. I prefer Velvet but don’t mind this and will use up my other samples happily. The patchology eye patches have kind of a strange shape; they don’t fit well but feel quite nice on my skin. The Kokostar Rose Lip Mask is fun and cute, and did make my lips quite soft. I bought a couple extra for stocking stuffers. I am still waiting for all the magic to happen from Starskin’s exfoliating foot masks. I wore them four nights ago and nothing yet.

D5F1302F-6B28-4AD5-8CAE-8F6F76C98F69.jpeg

Spoiler
The Huda Beauty Primer and foundation are serious contenders for the heaviest coverage I’ve ever used. Great for the stage, but not in my everyday life😆 Thee Oozoo mask smelled off, I would like to try it again but I’m in no hurry. The TCFS mask, I had high hopes for, and did not care for it at all. The scent was so bad, it was stringy, and did nothing for my skin. I have 4 backups, yay! The nada Yellow Sheet Mask would be a like, the fit was great and the scent was pleasant but inside the package the serum had a much stronger, chemical smell which I wasn’t comfortable with.  

8,134 Replies
testing