Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Having issues posting my masks for the month, sorry to double post.

0983C669-8C7F-4850-9405-784374CABBB4.jpeg

@eshoe You tried a lot of sheet masks I have my eye on!  I'm mostly getting mine at the masksheets site and glowie co.  Any other recs?  Is anyone doing a sub box they like?

@tinobiscuits I subbed to Facetory for a couple of years, and still buy masks from them regularly. Masksheets is great! For variety, it’s probably my favorite. I need to check out glowie co., I’ve never heard of them. I used to frequent TJ Maxx, where I could find 5-10 packs of great masks that were new to me to try. Since March I’ve ordered more from Amazon, and so far have had no issues. The Kocostar Waffle Masks are soooo good, I found those on Amazon after @sonnydee bought them there as well.

The scents are so yummy and the material is very unique👍🏼

@eshoe glowie co has a good selection of taiwanese masks.  I got a sample set and like everything so far.  The have good curation and I never feel overwhelmed there.  Ok, great, Facetory was on my list!  And thanks for the waffle mask rec.  I LOVE masks that have cute graphics and colors to represent the flavors (like the popsicle ones in your empties photo and the apieu milk carton masks).  

'

Have a great weekend!

The A’Pieu Popsicle ones are fantastic @tinobiscuits. Scented just like you would hope, fruity-which always makes for a fun mask-and the fit is generally a plus. The pineapple, melon and watermelon are delightful 🥰 I was gifted my first and have since purchased more.

Thank you, have a wonderful weekend, too!

October Empties

OctEmpt.jpgoops forgot to add this one!oops forgot to add this one!

Spoiler

FS

Dr. Teal’s Ultra Moisturizing Foaming Bath Avocado Oil - love and I bought two backups, currently on the second one. A nice change from bath bombs!

Dr. Teal’s Cannibus Sativa Hemp Seed Oil - pleasant enough, didn’t notice anything different from the plain scent (which is much less/oz) so I will stick to that for the most part.

Burt’s Bees Cleansing Oil - my favorite cleansing oil, I usually have a backup but have found the Glow Recipe Papaya Cleansing Balm to be an excellent stand-in for both oil/second cleanser.

Origins Drink Up Apricot Mask - LOVE and hope to repurchase at some point in the future. Excellent sensory experience!

SkinInc. Daily Dose Serum Cocktail - a nondescript serum that worked seamlessly with every revolving skincare product in my routine. No scent, pretty, and quick-absorption.

Vapour Organics Lip Gloss - Much too light and slippery, but a very pretty shade. 

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask - Original (clear) - wow I cannot believe I finally finished this! Now on to the Laneige. It would be a challenge to pick a favorite between the two. I thankfully stocked up on the old formula masks and have an almost full Champagne and unopened, refrigerated Smashed. Love this one!

Kora Organics Citrus Mist - It’s been a tough year to fall in love with skin care products; I went to repurchase this and it’s been discontinued. Not a fan of the rose scent, but if the brand comes out with a similar mist, I hope to buy it. A very, very fine mist, just like Glow Recipe’s Watermelon mist.

Nuria Defend Triple Action Eye Cream - a lovely consistency, thick enough to feel nourishing, with a fairly quick absorbing formula. Would repurchase.

Burt’s Bee’s Lip Crayon in Sedona Sands - broken record on this one. Love it and it’s discontinued so I am using up my stock. After I run out, I may just become an all lip gloss aficionado.

Farmacy Lip Bloom - Honey Ginger - consistency is similar to petroleum jelly. I finished this as a foot balm, the Strawberry Basil was much better.

DS

Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash - Though a little drying for my skin, I think those with oily/acne-prone skin might love this gentle, clear cleansing gel. Thank you @lmaster for sending it my way!

Virtue Restorative Hair Mask - Currently on a hair mask kick and found this to be rather ‘meh’ for my rather dry hair. The scent seems to be the same across the board for the brand’s products, reminds me of beauty sunscreen.

REN Flash Rinse 1-Minute Facial - reminded me of the OH Power Bright Facial minus two steps. I think it’s an excellent option for someone who travels to get in some Vitamin C (which I have found very helpful for my skin). Personally, I will stick to the powder form that I mix with exfoliating or rice powder, as it leaves my skin physically smoothed as well as brightened.

Mac Prep+Prime Original - I’ve been using this for a few years now, and am down to my last mini. I think I am going to go without it for awhile to see if I notice any difference. I love how it feels, like a security blanket for makeup application, but…I really wonder if it is doing anything at all?

FAB Liquid Mineral Sunscreen - this is a declutter from the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit. Way too heavy for my skin, my face just looked oily wearing it.

Glow Recipe Plum Plump Serum - another lovely serum, scentless and colorless, and packed full of all different kinds of HA. It had more slip than Peach & Lily’s Glass Skin, and is one I would happily use again. 

Farmacy Honey Savior - Handy little salve for cracked and very, very dry skin. Light honey scent, defiantly oily and requires a significant time allowance for absorption. Never woke up to dry skin after using this!

Ole Henriksen Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Serum - a deliciously light citrus scented hue reminiscent of Tatcha’s Violet-C mask. The violet color was obvious on my skin but did not interfere with makeup application. It was pleasant to use, and of the bakuchiol products I’ve tried pre-Herbivore’s reformulation, one of the more enjoyable to use.

Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt - this was my Sephora B-Day gift and I was thrilled to find the Holiday set with the FS. My BFF from elementary school sent me a Sephora GC, and I was happy to buy the set to replenish it. It is special to me for those reasons 🙂

Trader Joe’s Rose Oil - from last year’s advent calendar. This is a gentle and softly rose-scented oil. For the price, it’s a great deal and if I used facial oils more frequently, this would be one to buy.

Volition Prismatic Luminizing Shield - a huge thank you to @faeriegirl for sending this my way, it completely changed how I view sunscreen! An absolute love, it truly gives a soft, luminous glow (similar to how Hourglass products do) and never, EVER interfered with makeup application. Love and a repurchase 🙂

Moroccan Oil The Treatment - A favorite for the warm, spicy scent. Every time I can pick up a DS, I do 🙂

Bare Minerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Serum - pleasant to use, but not one I would buy in a FS. 

Foils

The Beekman wash surprised me, might buy a FS when I need to restock cleanser. A very thick, milky glass-like cleanser. The Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum was my first sampling of the brand and I loved it. Texture is unique as was scent. Have added it to my need-to-buy list:)

YTD 
Sheet Masks313
FS119
DS127
Foils108
Total667

@eshoe outstanding empties!!

@eshoe Which Vitamin C powder do you use?  I got a Neogen sample, but I haven't used it yet.  

@tinobiscuits I use both the Neogen and The Ordinary 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder 0.7 oz/ 20 g. I’ve been using them interchangeably for about a year now and notice no difference between the two. 

I've mixed them with serums, essences, moisturizer and exfoliating powders (like Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder ) and find the later to be the best fit for my skin.

@eshoe Right on!  Thanks for your helpful replies.  💜

Happy to help @tinobiscuits ☺️

September, actually pretty impressive noting that I was under the weather for most of the month. 

Missing :

Homeworx pumpkin candle😍

tatcha water cream foil😍

tresemme big bottle of shampoo & cond. 😁

Better not younger sh& cond foils😁

Top row😍loves. I would purchase or already have.

Middle😁like. Enough to use again or buy.

Bottom😌like but not enough to buy/replace a product i already use. Clinique moisturizer may have broke me out. But it was ok but not something that would make the cut to be in my line up currently. 34 month. 277 ytd.

1008201235a.jpg

Sorry that you weren't feeling so great this month, @sonnydee! By the way, how did you feel about the homeworx pumpkin candle?

Love them. I wasn't home to get the exact name but this is it @CookieGirl1 

Screenshot_20201008-221158.png

 The candle holder, I clean out & repurpose. It's a pretty, solid piece of glass. I used vanilla spun sugar or something like that & already bought it a 2nd time. But I'm a huge gourmand lover

Hope you're feeling better @sonnydee!! 🤗

So many great empties!! I was a big fan of the SDJ Glowmotions Oil too. I used Samba Sway and Copacabana Bronze this summer. I bought Goldie Rocks and Master Flash to try next summer. 

Thanks, I do.🤗 I finally had to call it quits after having to use a qtip to get the goodness from the sides! @sephoraaddict918 i already bought the fs. This was a mini. Sounds like you are all set for next summer🌅

Sept Yes.jpgSept No.jpg

2020- 148/100

Love-
Royal Jelly + Cherry Blossoms Essence Mask x3

Ok-
Creme Shop Snowman Mask x2
Floral Street Iris Goddess

N.O.-
Pinrose Sun Saint
FAB Deep Cleanser
Tatcha Violet-C Mask
HP Triwizard Bath Bomvb
Equate Facial Cleansing Rounds
Sephora Holiday Foot Mask- Normally a Love. This one must have been too old. 

No Opinion-
Shiseido Ultimune Concentrate

Destash-
Dior Lip Maximizer
MM Lazy Sunday

Just a couple empties for September - I need to step up my game

IMG_20201002_091710.jpg

Nothing wrong with finishing a few, @meou! Do you have a favorite from the bunch?

@eshoe thanks! I really loved the cosrx moisturizer and the goodal vitamin c - I'm using a full size of that now 

Thank you, @meou. I might try that Goodal, my skin loves vitamin C!

4 Replies
testing