Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

empties except for skin care

hairScreen Shot 2018-02-27 at 3.58.59 PM.png

would use 

• earth's nectar hair care coconut curls leave in conditioner 
  • qhemet biologics cocoa tree detangling ghee (works ok on my sons hair - too heavy on mine and i hate the scent)

go away

• ion color solutions sulfate free shampoo (worked well for preserving my colour but too drying for my hair)

makeup/perfumeIMG_9342.jpg

would repurchase

• elizabeth & james black nirvana
  • pur makeup sponge (when i got this i didn't like it at all.  i thought it was way to hard to work...but i'm stubborn and i kept playing with it...and now i love it!)
  • nivea essentials lip balm (my fave lip balm - keeps my lips in top shape)
  • revlon colourburst in gumdrop (pretty sure this was discontinued - which sucks because i want more)
  • too faced hangerover primer

would use 

• temptu shimmer bronzer
  • almay lip gloss in lilac love
  • bliss fabulips
  • ysl rouge volupte shine #23
  • mac prep & prime
  • colourpop lippie stick in lumiere
  • eward bess lipstick in secret desire
  • edward bess lipstick in endless summer

go away

• urban decay troublemaker mascara (literally looked like nothing on my lashes)
  • make up for ever excessive lash mascara 

Great job working through your stash, @sparklekai!

Great job working through your stash, @sparklekai! Sulfate free shampoos don't work for me, either. Every one I've tried has been too drying for my hair.

Re: Great job working through your stash, @sparklekai!

@curlychiquita i just need to learn to stick to what works and stop trying to find something else! my hair loves devacurl i need to accept that!

Loves
IMG_6222.JPG

Just ok
IMG_6227.JPG

RE: Re: Empties

I love the GlamGlow thirsty mud as well it’s a great hydrating treatment

LoveLoveOkOkHate/No OpinionHate/No Opinion

Love-
Sephora Rose Lip Mask
Spalife Tokyo Face Mask.

Ok-
Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance
Sunday Riley Tidal
Replica Sunday Morning
Mountain Madness Autumn Fig Sugar Cube Scrubs-Love Smell.
Swissco Gold Mask
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

Hate-
YTP Kale + Spinach
Tony Moly Panda Mask

No Opinion- Shiseido Wrinkle Resist 24 Eye Patches

Love Caudalie!  I've already repurchased this and am halfway through the large bottle but it took me a while to get through this deluxe sample as I mainly used it during travel.  I enjoy using it after Caudalie's Brightening Essence.

IMG_5663.JPG

@b3autygrl, that's when I use it, too (when I travel)!  I should break out my sample and use it at home, as well.

Loves/likesLoves/likesMeh/okayMeh/okay

RE: Re: Empties

Hi Jen 81 I Love the fresh sugar lip treatments!

Great collection of empties, @jen81! I'm glad you had so many things that you liked!

I finally went through my empties. I don't even want to think about how long I've been holding on to these. Anyway, here they are:

Loves:

Spoiler
IMG_20180222_150356969.jpg

Top row and the cotton balls are all repurchases. I'm trying out Good Genes right now, but it just doesn't do as much for my skin as the DE.
I liked both the Fresh Black Tea and Enspri lotions, but need more than a foil or two to see if they really work. I enjoy the UD primer and mascara, but have so many samples to get through I won't be purchasing any time soon.
Got full sizes of LP shampoo and conditioner that I am excited to use.

Likes to mehs:

Spoiler
IMG_20180222_150403053.jpg
Nothing stood out as super amazing. I think the FAB made me break out, but I like the texture. The Pixi wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing. I think my skin is just really used to acids. I'm trying out the Ordinary glycolic toner since it's a bit cheaper and higher % of glycolic. I do have a full size of the DE Lala Retro lotion, so we'll see if it's worth it; it might be too heavy for my skin. The B-Hydra is meh, but I will use if it comes with the stuff I'm already buying. Not as impressed with the Leaders sheet mask as I thought I would be but am open to trying other formulas.

Nopes:

Spoiler
IMG_20180222_150407401.jpg
I hated the Soap Not Radio. Too fragranced and unnecessary dyes. 
Unfortunately, the sheet masks were too silicone-y. I didn't like the texture at all.
I keep accidentally buying the Sephora sleep mask despite the formula not doing anything for me; I think I still have another one to use. Hopefully, next time I will remember that I don't like it. But I am open to trying other formulas.

I use this in the evening after cleansing my face to remove any remaining makeup and to tone my skin.  This is great for sensitive oily skin and I will repurchase it during the warmer months as my skin is currently more combo/oily and this is slightly drying for me right now.

I'm currently using the Rose Petal one and this is more hydrating. 

IMG_5654.JPG

Empties

Empties! I have some finally, that I remembered to save lol. Definetly love the Shiesdo softening lotion, will purchase again. Not a fan of the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, dries my skin out. Estee Lauder Double Wear was ordered on Friday. She has been deeply missed 🖤 Biosilk Coconut Body Wash already replaced, makes my skin soo soft. Hempz body wash I way over used it just trying to use it up, the scent lingered and clashed with my perfume.

i'm not a fan of the fresh cleanser either - yet somehow i seem to accumulate 800 samples!

@sparklekai They are the skincare sample version of the smashbox primer. Haha. You get so many and don't even realize it. 

@GG84, I had the same Fresh soy face cleanser sample and didn't love it.  I have another sample of it and will probably use it up but still don't love it 😛 I'm glad you have a replacement Estee Lauder foundation on its way!

I managed to fill up my empties bag again.... 

1518731348352.jpg

Some Thoughts: 

Spoiler
Love seeing that empty Lorac Pro Matte Palette!  Thought I had tossed if once it was done last year but I'm very glad to see I still have it as it is great motivation. 

Sephora Collection Micellar Water - it lefty my skin a little sticky when I used it behind remover wipes but it works wonders when it comes to removing swatches.

Garnier Micellar Water - LOVE

Ole Henriksen Truth wipes - hate the smell and the wipes dry out too fast.

Drunk Elephant - not impressed but I also wonder if my C-Firma had expired. 

Truth Serum - my first bottle of this in a while and I absolutely love it all over again.

Prada Candy rollerball - I loved this fragrance at one point. However over time the smell seem to change and not in a good way... Not sure if it deteriorated over time or if I only imagined loving it before.  May give the fragrance a go sometimes in the future. 

Wow, great job, @ElleElleG!  I've fallen in love with Truth Serum again myself after buying it last month.

this is amazing ! love seeing peoples empties ! Also side note I have tried both the drunk elephant c firma as well as the truth serum and I can honestly say that the truth serum made such a huge difference in comparison... was not impressed with the drunk elephant c firma serum... maybe it was a bad batch?

Very possible.  A week or so into using the DE I did some more research and came across several videos/posts about the C-Firma's change in color as an indicator that the serum had gone bad or something?  Who knows.  The plus side is that the Truth Serum is a cheaper and effective alternative.

5 Replies
testing