Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Active Promo Codes #19

Codes Updated: 1/29/2020 Hey BIC! This thread has moved! Check out the new thread at: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Active-Promo-Codes-20/m-p/5142933/highlight/true#M125165

Re: RE: Active Promo Codes #19

I don't know what you though it was, for me it was clearly advertised as a credit card. I didn't eve waste time reading the benefits or t&c's/etc, since I do not want a CC.

It seems like the format is similar to those of Bloomingdales and Nordstrom (linked to their rewards/points system), so there's nothing out of the ordinary there.

RE: Re: RE: Active Promo Codes #19

When the card was first introduced through the mobile app and email to Sephora Rouge members it was basically a quick flashy pop-up window touting extra perks snd 15 percent off your next purchase. Terms weren’t properly disclosed nor APR. One easy click to “ sign up”. So no, not advertised or promoted as a credit card especially goven small screen mobile devices.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Active Promo Codes #19

You’re not the only one. If I remember correctly I could only access the cc offer via app at the time which was clumsy to navigate. I’d been enjoying my Ulta cc and I rushed to sign up Sephora’s without properly researching like I normally do. I totally misread Sephora’s cc offer.  It was all so vague.  I canceled immediately after signing but they still sent me the card. I didn’t even totally understand what they were talking until months later when another BIC member clarified the terms and I am a very well educated person.  It’s horrifying what happened to your insider account. It’s clear everyone is afraid of getting on Sephora’s “vengeful” side for these very reasons of what can happen. So sad. 😞  I wish you all the luck given the track record of resolving challenging issues. I know what it’s like to feel like just a number and waiting what feels like forever or never for this nightmare to end.

@SassinSanDiego  Do you have a mobile phone screenshot of the Sephora credit card ad you saw? Improper/incomplete offer disclosure is something I know a lot about, so I always notice it in random ads. I don’t recall thinking Sephora’s cc ad in their own site was problematic, but I saw it via a larger viewport (tablet). Now I’m genuinely curious to see how it looked via small viewport. 

Sephora’s email to me about their cc was very clearly advertising a cc, not just a rewards system. I’ll check to see if I still have the email, but I think it even displays an image of the card. Was your email different? 

I do think it’s sucky of Sephora to cancel your Play sub simply because you cancelled the card. The only logical reason I can think of is you might’ve linked your sub payments to the card as the primary payment source—but I assume you’d have to manually do that; if Sephora automatically switched it when you opened your cc account, that’s not cool unless the t&c say that would happen. I also assume you had your Play sub before you applied for the cc... is that correct? 

I don’t have Sephora’s cc. I do have Nordstrom’s (I’ve been a cardholder for a few years) and it’s linked to their reward program. If I ever cancel my Nordy cc, I won’t expect to also lose my Insiders/Nordy Club account since the card isn’t a membership requirement. But retailer cards linked to rewards programs aren’t unusual.  

But you had to enter your SSN in order to sign up. I don't know of any other reward card/program out there that requires your SSN in order to be a part of their rewards system.

Hey, I can understand your confusion, but it is advertised as a credit card.  I know it has been confusing since before it was just the loyalty program, but Nordstrom does have a similar system.  It is always good to check what you are signing up for (even if it is a loyalty program because they might share your information) before you give them your information.  

RE: Re: RE: Active Promo Codes #19

I gave them ZERO information. I just clicked yes. Well over 30 days since cancelling the card with Synchrony Bank for fraud and it still is linked to my Sephora Rouge account requiring me to use it on purchases. That’s crooked.

An FYI for you young'uns 😉  (OK, I am not as old as all that but have learned some things).  Credit card offers can cost you  HUGE amounts of $ in ways you are not even remotely thinking of.  for example, I accepted a Macy's credit card off while shopping for nursury stuff for my daughter (note shopping while pregnant also dangerous).  I thought I would really do well with the 15% off since I was buying furniture, bedding, etc.  A few years later that credit card cost me 50k.  Yes, $50,000 because it knocked down my credit rating (that one extra card) and cost points on my mortgage.  I learned (through a lecture in school) as a kid that women have a difficult time establishing credit (less so now, but still...) and have been vigilant about my credit rating.  *That* move really messed me up.

Knock yourself out buying stuff you don't actually need to get that free lipstick, but do not put yourself in a position where you get turned down for a mortgage for the same reason.

There are web sites which will tell you your credit rating and what you need to do to improve it.  sometimes you DO need to get a credit card, but check before you jump.  Messing up your credit rating is serious business. (And I wish the people hawking the cards were required to tell you stuff like this.)

Yup @DoctorLisa, totally agree. 

It's shady of them to overlap BI with their credit card system but I didn't ready their ad as a points based system, just as a credit card. Were you under the impression it was NOT a credit card?

Yes, I'm curious to know what you thought that it was. It was advertised as a credit card. You might earn some points with it but it is still a credit card.

Re: Active Promo Codes #19

ALLCLEAR

ALLCLEAR.jpg

Choices:

Spoiler
ALLCLEARChoices.jpgALLCLEARChoices2.jpg

Values

Caudalie: $5.60

Clinique: $2.70

Murad: $4.20

Origins: $10.20

Sunday Riley: $11.43

@Lazybeautybeast 🙂

Another round of targeted offers went out.  Feel free to try your luck.  Didn't work for me. 3V8UJUPNV

promo.png

Isn't the 20% Rouge sale (15% for VIB) next week anyway? I don't get it Sephora lol.

RE: Re: Active Promo Codes #19

Yeah — I’m Rouge since program inception years ago and they didn’t even bother to send me notice of next week’s Rouge discount. Sephora sucks. I’m draining all my saved up points and getting out.

RE: Re: Active Promo Codes #19

Unbelievable! How do they think this makes the ones left out who are loyal shoppers?

@itscarin , @RGbrown , @l8totheparty , looking on the bright side, this promo works on items not just in the Foundation category, but in the BB/CC Cream and Tinted Moisturizer categories as well. There are some unexpected items included, such as tinted sunscreens, and the Dr. Jart Cicapair corrector. 🙂

@MlleCC 

Eh, I still don't see a bright side when last week or a couple of weeks ago it was 30% all makeup. 15% is just laughable after that. 🙄

I think I received one this weekend, but I can't for the life of me find it on my e-mail. it was 20% off. I though I dreamed of it, but looked exactly like that.

How lovely that this expires right before the new Fenty H...

How lovely that this expires right before the new Fenty Hydrating Foundation launches. 😩

Re: How lovely that this expires right before the new Fenty H...

Literally thought the same thing 😞 I got the 20% off and wanted to try out the Fenty before using it. 

testing