Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

2022 Birthday Gift

So, has anyone else noticed the new Birthday Gift option of 250 Reward points that was just added at the beginning of this month?! I am really disappointed as the gift I had originally wanted (ILIA) sold out a week after it came back in stock so I just ended up forgoing a gift already as I wasn't interested in the other gifts... I just wish Sephora didn't introduce this Birthday Gift option in the middle of the year as I'm sure plenty of people with Jan-June birthdays would have chosen the 250 point reward option. 

Re: 2022 Birthday Gift

Same with me but I learned to wait and get my gift in January since my birthday is at the end of the month.

I’m a December birthday and usually only have 1crappy option to “choose” from because everything else is out of stock. 

October birthday …. Points option “sold out” - how do you sell out points?

So tired of these issues with Sephora … so little respect for customers.

Honestly... it's like a joke...I saw the option and added to my order and placed it. they just added to my account and deducted afterwards saying it's out of stock...I'm asking them why now...

@ludwig887 This piqued my interest, b/c this is the first year to my knowledge where there are four choices of a birthday gift.  So having an additional choice is unexpected.  

This is how Ulta works , different gifts throughout the year.  Us December birthdays should be happy as there may be more choices at the end of the year 

Unfortunately if we complain too much Sephora may just end this program.  It happenedt with Rouge when they stopped the annual renewal gift.  Everyone complained about the small brush and next year nothing.

I still have my brush and pouch!! This was the last gift? I loved the little trinkets and gifts we used to get.

I do too.  I use it when I travel.  Wish people wouldn't complain or cheat to get more then one.  I think Sephora would still be offering a Rouge gift.

@ludwig887  No, I hadn't noticed and I'm shocked that it's back! 250 points used to be a birthday gift option for Rouge and (I think) VIB. Sephora took that option away during the last reward program update. I see it's now available "for a limited time only," and I wonder when it'll disappear. It seems December birthdays often end up choosing from scraps by end of year; the points option would help make up for that, I think. I wish Sephora would make it permanently available all year again. 

I'm a bit confused by the offer terms, though (bold and italic font added by me for emphasis): 

"Beauty Insiders are eligible to redeem one birthday gift per year. Redeem in Sephora US and Canada stores, on sephora.com and sephora.ca, in Sephora at Kohl’s stores, on kohls.com, and at Sephora Inside JCPenney Stores. Gift selection may vary at Sephora Inside JCPenney. In lieu of a physical birthday gift, a birthday gift of 250 points is available in Sephora US and Canada stores, on sephora.com and sephora.ca. These points will be automatically credited to your Beauty Insider account within 24 hours after purchase. Must provide Beauty Insider email address at time of redemption. No purchase necessary for in-store redemption. Merchandise purchase required for online redemption. Online-exclusive birthday gifts are redeemable by VIB and Rouge clients only. Redeem two weeks before or after your birthday or any time during your birthday month. Offer not valid on jcp.com. If you are having problems redeeming online, please contact customer service at sephora.com/contact-us. Birthday gift is provided “as is”. Substitutions may occur. Valid while supplies last. This offer is subject to change, alteration, or termination by Sephora at its sole discretion at any time." 

(Copied/pasted from the Birthday Gift 250 Points page )

Since the 250 pts option is available in stores, it's not an online-exclusive birthday gift. So then, I assume all 3 reward program tiers (Insider, in addition to VIB and Rouge) can get 250 pts now. To me, that's a good thing, even though I'm Rouge. I like seeing this option available to everyone regardless of tier, especially if it'll still be around throughout the second half of this year. 👍 

Also, I agree that this option should've been added in January instead of July. I wonder if Sephora plans to keep it available through June 2023? That'd at least give all birthday months a chance to redeem this option.

yeah totally! my birthdays in april and would’ve loved it. also, i saw how there’s no longer an olaplex option but there’s a makeup option. so weird how it changes?? 

I have a January birthday, and I would have loved the 250 point option.

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing