Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

2018 Birthday Gift

Hi has anyone heard what the Insider birthday gift will be for 2018?

Re: 2018 Birthday Gift

I was SO UPSET about the 2018 birthday gift. I wanted none of them. All were pretty trashy. I love BITE, but the color selection, and that tiny paper packed lip balm?? I was like???

Finally I chose the GLAMGLOW one, and when I first started to use the mask. the hole was stuck by dried product. I didn't know that since I opened it once receiving it. When I squeezed it, product flied out to my wall, sink, everywhere.

Total disaster. I wish I had a better birthday set considering spending over $1000 each year at SEPHORA.

Anonymous Insider

@CinnamonBagel  The birthday gift is a FREE gift that EVERYONE can get once a year. There's no way to satisfy every single person's preference. No matter what gets offered, there's going to be someone disliking them. There were complaints about last year's color with Tarte being too light so they went with a darker color this year.
The Glamglow disaster isn't exactly Sephora's fault either. I had the same problem with the product bursting out of the tube when I first opened it but it wasn't as bad as your case. Glamglow chose to package their sample-sized masks that way. You can find the exact same 0.5 oz tube version of the mask in several of the sets being sold. The dried up bits is also another known problem with the mask. From what I can tell, it's not dried product but rather bits of ginger or some other solid ingredient that they really should have crushed up more.

@CinnamonBagel I spend more then 4x what you spend. It's...

@CinnamonBagel I spend more then 4x what you spend. It's a free gift that they don't have to offer, period. It's unfortunate that yours was dried up and I'm sure customer service will help you out with that. I say we should be greatful we get all these great perks from Sephora.

I don't know if they can help but let customer service kn...

I don't know if they can help but let customer service know about the glam glow disaster. hopefully they can do something

I'm sorry your gift didn't work out for you @CinnamonBagel.  

Has anyone calculated the value for these sets? I'm lazy haha 

I calculated the prices since it is my birthday this month.

The Bite gift is ~ $26.20

The Glamglow gift is ~ $35.40

The Bumble and Bumble gift is ~$12.50

I had HIGH HOPES for when the Bite birthday gift is being offered...like a lip gloss INSTEAD of the SAME lip colour...for a broader selection of lip products to try...being a brand that specializes on just lip products!!! Unlike most people saying that they didn't mind getting another Glace when they were annoyed with getting another KKBB from Marc Jacobs like myself!!! Would've been less disappointed if Bite had chose a different neutral pink lip colour at the very least!!! Not to mention that...Bite never even had a choice of a lip gloss to be redeemed and/or as a pick to be chosen from!!! Can't be more frustrated!!! Bite should know better in being able to cater to all of their targeted customers compared with only just a selected handful of them!!! So really upset in Bite!!!

i get that having options would be nice but the birthday gifts are never custom. in another thread i suggested having 3 skintone options.   personally i'm happy to receive glace - i've purchased it before & finished it so i'm glad to have another.  i understand  that this may not be the case for all. having said that i can't see how this will affect bite or its sales

Just wanted to confirm the contents of the BITE gift for everyone here:

The mini lipstick colour is CHAI and the lip crayon is GLACÉ. The blister pack has two products, the AGAVE LIP BALM and AGAVE LIP SCRUB. 

Thanks to Sephora for a really excellent gift this year ❤️

Anonymous Insider

the 2018 gifts are:

BITE Beauty Mini Lipstick, Lip Liner, 2 Lip Balm Samples

glamglow deluxe Mega Illuminating Moisturizer in Nude Glow and Deluxe   Supermud Clearing Mask

Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

Thank you for posting the closeup and colors! Easy choice for me as well!  Bite Beauty!

RE: 2018 Birthday Gift

So just tagging on this is apparently the 2018 rouge gift..it’s another sephora brush

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: 2018 Birthday Gift

how does the rouge gift giving work? is it a quarterly thing or annual thing?

Kim888 wrote:
So just tagging on this is apparently the 2018 rouge gift..it’s another sephora brush

RE: Re: RE: 2018 Birthday Gift

@Anonymous it’s an annual thing - you get to redeem the brush when you renew rouge each year and it’s the same gift for the entire year

What’s the difference between 2017 rouge foundation brush versus 2018? I know the numbers are different...but it’s a foundation brush! Lol. What am I missing? 

Not just another brush, but another foundation brush? Really? Way to branch out there, Sephora. Sigh. I don't even know what I did with last year's off the top of my head. 

At least I have no plans to re-rouge anyways 😛

RE: 2018 Birthday Gift

@Kim888 it looks like Sephora first rouge gift. Tbt? Lol

While we're on the topic, how do you guys use your 2017 Rouge brush? I also find it too small and dense.

I've been using it to blend out under eye concealer and cream contour

89 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • source: Reddit
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 7.12.28 PM.png
  • 1492677538-gordon-ramsay.gif
testing