Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Recommendations for natural-looking highlighters

Does anyone have recommendations for natural looking highlighters? A Sephora associate recommended looking at cream highlighters and said cream-based formulas may not be as pigmented, but they look more natural. Didn’t get to chat long enough for any product recommendations, though.

Re: Recommendations for natural-looking highlighters

Hi @marieleroux,

I suggest the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact Highlight 01is a great natural highlight. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Personally, I love the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Euphoric. It is not glittery and gives a natural, beautiful glow. You can build it up for a more dewy look if you like. Also, the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle is similar. 

@marieleroux cream highlighters are nice, although I do prefer powder personally. I LOVE the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact Highlight 01in 01 highlight for a beautiful, natural glow. Don’t let the name fool you (when I saw it at first I was confused .. how can a highlighter be matte?) but it’s SO luminous. You can definitely build or layer it with something else for more a blinding look. 

RE: Recommendations for natural-looking highlighters

The Bobbi Brown highlight depending on your skin tone can match. There’s a fairly wide variety of shades. So if it fits your skin colour it’s a very subtle but shiny glow!!

@marieleroux

My favorite "natural" looking highlights are Kaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter 01 Toy Alien and KEVYN AUCOIN - The Celestial Highlighting Powder. One is a cream highlight (Kaja) which can be applied with the fingers or brush depending on your preference that has a nice sheen to it with some glitter and the other is a standard powder highlight (Kevyn Aucoin) that gives off the most beautiful, radiant glow.

@marieleroux I will second @gonerogue 's suggest of the the KA Celestial. BEAUTIFUL and not glittery/shimmery, just a radiant glow from within.

Cream can be good for a natural look, just be careful to out it on before you use any powders, otherwise it might look gloopy or separate. It does tend to give a gorgeous natural glow to bare skin. Otherwise I'd recommend soft powder highlights, such as benefit ones, or the Physician's formula Pearl highlight!

@marieleroux You should try Nars Fort de France it’s not beaming but gives a nice healthy glow. 

RE: Re: Recommendations for natural-looking highlighters

Oooo thank you! That was another one on my list to check out! On the site it seemed like a good choice but I haven’t swatched it in person yet.

@marieleroux I have found liquid tends to be the less pigmented and cream can actually be really shimmery. While both blend in to your skin really nicely, I prefer powder formulas myself. When I am looking for a really natural glow and don't want any shimmer, just light, I use the Hourglass Ambient Light setting powders. I do reach for one liquid formula though, that's BENEFIT COSMETICS - High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter.

RE: Re: Recommendations for natural-looking highlighters

I’ve been debating about the hourglass ones! I tried Becca’s champagne pop, and while suuuuper pretty, it was a little bit too shimmery for a daily highlight. I tried benefit’s way back in the day, but haven’t recently. Maybe I’ll give that one another shot. Thanks!
11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing