Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Which cleanser should I get????

Ok, so I was obsessed with Skin Laundry’s extra deep pore gel cleanser. For some reason their products are disappearing from Sephora. I’m currently using Biossance’s squalane cleanser, but it’s just meh. Caudalie has great reviews on their gel cleanser and a friend suggested Drunk Elephant’s jelly cleanser. I have oily skin, acne prone, but can be sensitive to overly harsh acne cleansers. Any suggestions? I’m even considering Ren’s clay cleanser since I love their evercalm cleansing milk so much.

I would recommend tata harper ance prone cleanser. Its pricey but works!

Re: Which cleanser should I get????

I second the Drunk Elephant Jelly Cleanser recommendation. It's a great cleanser that cleans your skin without making it feel dry aftewards. I like to double cleanse, so I'd use this after using my Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser

@nada05  I really like the Drunk Elephant jelly cleanser.

Anonymous Insider

This is the second one of the two.

Anonymous Insider

I am 38, and have found my forever cleanser about 8 months ago. I enjoy a sudsy, soapy, frothy cleanser. It helps me feel like it's doing it's job, getting down deep into the pores. Origins 'Checks and Balances' is it. I wear a full face of makeup daily, and this cleanser makes my skin feel squeaky clean, but ever so soft after rinsed off. I have oily skin over the T-zone, and super dry every where else. once I hit 35 .... ACNE has been a terrible problem. This cleanser doesn't dry my skin out, but somehow gets down to the nitty gritty and keeps my acne at bay. They have two different options if you just want to try it out. I hope you end up loving it, but if not I hope you find your forever cleanser 🙂 Good Luck!!

Kiehl's 1851 Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash is really good. Also consider Fresh Soy Face Cleanser this one is very gentle.

RE: Which cleanser should I get????

I was wondering about Kiehls! I’ll add that to the list. I have used Fresh’s soy cleanser, but it’s not as deep cleansing as I need. Thank is for the suggestions!

@nada05 I also really like the Farmacy green clean- at least over the Biossance oil cleanser or a tatcha oil cleanser I've tried-since it's thicker and easier to manage IMO. 

I haven't tried any of the cleansers you're looking at but I will say in general my feelings are- DE products are definitely fantastic but overpriced IMO, though the cleanser price is in range for what I expect to pay. I don't think you can go wrong with caudalie, honestly. I have never bought or tried anything from them that I wasn't pretty impressed with. I like REN generally but would probably not go with a clay cleanser because I feel like there is no way it wouldn't be too drying if you were using it everyday.

RE: Re: Which cleanser should I get????

I use the biossance oil cleanser now. I double cleanse at night and then use a gentle cleanser in the morning. I am leaning heavily towards Caudalie because I love their SOS serum. I’m only considering the clay cleanser because it would only be used at night when I can use a heavier moisturizer. Thanks for your feedback!

I have the green clean farmacy makeup remover but don’t really love it honestly, I use the Youth to the People kale & green tea spinach vitamin cleanser and LOVE IT! I rub my face with it for a minute each morning and night to really work it in. I also LOVE drunk elephant products and have tried their cleanser, it’s really good too but I’m happy with my YTTP one for now 🙂

I used YTTP and wasn’t as impressed. I wondered about Farmacy green clean because I have their honeymoon glow. I was scared I wouldn’t like it though. I’m also curious about DE, but those prices! Thank you for your feedback!

Fármacy Green Clean is the bomb! Takes off all makeup without stripping skin oils, leaves skin soft,and Ive had no problems with my acne. Great price for the amount you get!
12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos3
testing