cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

VIB ROUGE 20% OFF - SUMMER SALE - AUGUST 2019

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 8.50.50 AM.png

It's a NEW Summer Sale and it's around the corner!

Time to talk about what you think you're going to buy and start writing those shopping lists! What's on your list?!

20% OFF VIB ROUGE DATES:

AUGUST 19 - AUGUST 27

15% OFF VIB DATES:

AUGUST 20 - AUGUST 27

PROMO CODE:

SUMMERSAVE

EXCLUSIONS:

• Cannot be applied to previous purchases, gift cards, Flash shipping or PLAY! by Sephora subscriptions, or combined with any Promo Codes.
  • Not valid on The Ordinary
  • Limit of 1 Dyson item "per transaction"
  • Limit of 3 Drunk Elephant items "per transaction"

Here's my list of products I might purchase during the sale ...

Screen shot 2019-08-13 at 12.54.50 PM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-13 at 1.00.34 PM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.01.29 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-13 at 12.50.57 PM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.04.43 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.05.49 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.06.57 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.07.17 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.08.44 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.02.52 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.04.04 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-13 at 12.53.24 PM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-13 at 1.09.00 PM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 9.34.48 AM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-13 at 12.58.22 PM.png

Screen shot 2019-08-09 at 10.14.26 AM.png

Re: VIB ROUGE 20% OFF - SUMMER SALE - AUGUST 2019

I'll probably pick up some staple skincare backups and that's it. I have waaaayyyy too much makeup, nothing really excites me release-wise from any brand (I'm sure that change may come when brands start dropping their holiday releases), plus like others I'm not happy about the 30% off going to BI's when we Rouge spend so much money.

@niki172 I’m with you on the too much makeup train. The truth is, even if you wear makeup every day, it would still probably take you a year to finish one eyeshadow palette. Meanwhile, you can finish a skin care item in a month or two. 

Nothing for me. I’m still Sephora striking. I’ll sit this one out. 

RE: Re: VIB ROUGE 20% OFF - SUMMER SALE - AUGUST 2019

@GG84, why are you striking if you don’t mind me asking?

I don’t have a list going yet but I would stock up on skincare. 

Yay for surprise summer sale!  I absolutely don't need any more makeup/skincare but these three guys keep popping back into my cart:

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.42.44 PM.png

Hi @drrragon ,

I love Natasha Denonas Eyeahdows! The mini palettes are so cute too! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

There are a few things I need to stock up on and have it already in my cart

Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer 1.69 oz / 50 mL

Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm 0.13 oz/ 3.8 g

BEAUTYBLENDER - beautyblender® nude

Apparently, I've already grabbed Solar which brings the total of my Hourglass lip glosses up to 5 (seriously, where was my self-control)?  LOL  However, I probably will play around with a few more colors and maybe, maybe get another.  Really trying to hold back here ladies... 🙂 
Like several others I just want a cool tone palette so I've been eyeing the 

VISEART - Liaison Eyeshadow Palette

But I do like the pinks/corals in the 

VISEART - Rosé EDIT Eyeshadow Palette

I really don't like buying palettes without being able to swatch them so they are really up in the air.   Beyond that, I want to see what is coming out for the holidays. It feels like the fall-winter release sneak peeks have been slow this year.  

Hello lovelies!
So far I've picked up:
Hourglass Unreal™ High Shine Volumizing Lip Gloss Ignite

Hourglass Unreal™ High Shine Volumizing Lip Gloss Impact

BEAUTYBLENDER - beautyblender® nude

I can't pass up the savings of Biossance's F&F event so I've ordered my replacement Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer 1.69 oz / 50 mLand I enjoyed the sample of the new eye cream - Biossance Squalane + Marine Algae Firming & Lifting Eye Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL

I see that Sephora has the Viseart palettes on sale and I'm currently debating purchasing VISEART - Liaison Eyeshadow Paletteand Viseart Viseart Tryst Eyeshadow Palette 0.49 oz/ 14 g

I think I may wait a bit on the Viseart Rose palette.  I forgot to pick up my Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

I plan to pick that up later this week -- I just ran out of my current jar and had to open my back-up so I don't think I'll make it to the holidays before I'd need to purchase a new one.  Any thoughts on the palettes?

I remembered my Lippe's though.  Just forgot in the above post. 

Hi @MCSSavvy ,

The Viseart Palettes looks so pretty! I have also been loving the Biossance Skincare! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT  Thanks!  The sale is coming just in time.  My Omega cream is running low... 🙂  

@gxlxaxm Thanks for posting this!  I was wondering if/when this would be.  I think I need to look in-store at some things before making a decision, but so far I'm interested in:

Kérastase Discipline Smoothing Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair 6.8 oz/ 200 mL

TOO FACED - Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette Exaggereyes

Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Eye Love Eyeshadow Palette

SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Lacquer Long-Lasting Lipstick 12 Be The Boss

MAKE UP FOR EVER - 270 Angled Eyebrow Brush

That Viseart Warm Edit will be mine! I'm also going to buy the Youth to the People Superberry sleeping mask. The Pat McGrath is tempting, but I just don't think it's got full enough coverage for me.

Skipping -  after seeing that select BI's got 30% off and seeing that it is possible for us to get a better discount but still not getting it, I am done. 

I’m getting away from shopping at Sephora. I’m finding Ulta has much better sales and so do the companies themselves! Kay Von D lipstick on sale is 13.00 at Sephora but 8.00 on her site. Tarte right now is having a big sale! A pallette I like is 36.00 dollars on Sephora and 25.00 on Tarte’s website. I’m saving a lot of money using other websites and Ulta bonuses as well. Why pay more?? Plus Sephora’s Rewards Bizzare’s are ridiculous. I have lots of points but in 3 minutes something I wanted the other day it was sold out. That’s ridiculous!! Been switching to other sites. They are definitely losing my business and I didn’t receive anything on this 20% sale at all. How do you get it?? Not a happy customer anymore!

That is so true... I was raising an eyebrow thinking about what happened to all the rouge-exclusive events, like it’s already August and down here in Houston, TX I have yet to see any rouge events. Which is very disappointing. Also I’m learning about this select 30% off for BIs which I call BS. Is rouges spent so much darn money on this company to not feel appreciated. Having a lower tier get a higher discount, no exclusive rouge events, taking away our free makeovers is complete BS if I do say so myself. But regardless I’m potentially going to buy Patrick Ta’s rosé spray, ND (sunset, biba, Lila,tan, and bloom palette), and Pat McGrath foundation

Re: RE: Re: VIB ROUGE 20% OFF - SUMMER SALE - AUGUST 2019

I love Sephora and will always shop here BUT my Sephora to Ulta ratio has definitely shifted this year. It’s simply not ok to take for granted the loyal shoppers who spend thousands of dollars for years and even decades and give people who DON’T shop a 30% discount. Don’t they realize this is literally incentivizing NOT SHOPPING????

Take a hint from Ulta and even CVS! The more you shop, the more discounts you get, which incentivizes you to ONLY SHOP THERE!  SMH

@Alle685 @MCSSavvy @PinkEvergreen that coupon leak has certainly caused some backlash for Sephora. I would be interested to know exactly how many people got that coupon. The person who originally posted it on reddit said it was a spare account they hadn't used in 2 years, she only had 8 points on it. I'm not fully convinced it's legit. 25% would be more believable but I've never seen a high end store go that low. 

@makeitup305  The 30% off coupon remains a mystery to me.  I've only seen the chatter here -- my reddit tends to lean towards MCM and random treads.  I've never really gotten into reddit.   Whether legit or not, it certainly has stirred up a lot of thoughts on the matter.  Still, I need my skincare.  LOL

@MCSSavvy I don't use reddit for makeup (BIC all the way!) but some threads and subreddits are just so entertaining/bizarre.

1 Reply
testing