Post in Haul Stars
|

Outlandishly Ornate October Hauls 2022

V0Q1tGSdbaXLTMRkpf.gif

In the first full month of fall

Friends and Fam sales come one and all

Will BIC answer the call?

Hauls of the holiday drops and the GWPs

Be in store, shipped or same deliveries?

fx5EZH7pAQgl2HidYx.gif

Spooky season has begun,

Graphic liner and spiderwebs anyone?

Get your treats, free of trick

Enjoy some pumpkin spice

Before it's the time of St Nick

1zjPbzyGmrTGfFKFsj.gif

Happy Birthday to all BIC Babes!

Helllloooooo October🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂

Re: Outlandishly Ornate October Hauls 2022

These are such epic hauls, @caitbird! Great makeup! 

@curlychiquita  thank you! 😊

Enjoy all your new goodies @caitbird !

@Kim888  thank you, I definitely will haha 😁

My Sephora holiday order(s) haven't arrived as quickly as other people's, so those will appear in the November thread. Meanwhile, lemme squeeze in my last October-received buys. 

Nordstrom and Ulta: 

Dior Addict refills come with a secure-fitting plastic cap. Nordstrom shipped the other lipstick shade I ordered separately. Had I known that'd happen, I'd have tried getting both in-store instead.Dior Addict refills come with a secure-fitting plastic cap. Nordstrom shipped the other lipstick shade I ordered separately. Had I known that'd happen, I'd have tried getting both in-store instead.
Swatches & notes: 
Spoiler
Dior Addict Rouge Brilliant Shine Lipstick, shade 740 Saddle - one of 2 shades I ordered from Nordstrom. I almost skipped Saddle because it seemed a dupe of Gucci Rouge a Levres Voile 520 Marina Scarlet, one of my favorite lipsticks. Turns out Marina Scarlets warmer/oranger, while Saddles closer to papaya coral and sheerer—though my lip swatch shows how rather pigmented sheerer is: 

Yes, I see the typo on my hand swatch and it annoys me.Yes, I see the typo on my hand swatch and it annoys me.
KVD Good Apple Lightweight Full Coverage Concealer, shade Medium 152 - I swatched 4 shades on my hand at a local Ulta. I’m still not willing to swatch testers (even with disposable applicators) on my face in these cootie times. So when I got home tonight, I finger-dabbed 152 under one eye. It’s actually a much lighter shade than I’d normally buy, even for the purpose of sunken skin shadow lifting. But when I applied my LYS concealer (shade TN6) over it, 152 gave TN6 a luminous brightening boost*. I was going to return 152, but now I might keep it just for this purpose. Ive since ordered another shade from Sephora, so Ill wait to see how that one fares first. Plus, I still need to do a full day wear test to truly see how this concealer performs on my skin. 

*This effect can also be achieved by applying a highlighter under a medium coverage concealer like LYS’s. I used to sometimes do that with NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. But I kinda like how the KVD concealer sits on my skin (though again, I haven’t done a true wear test yet), so it may be worth having a much-lighter-than-usual shade handy for this technique. 
Ulta and LynBDesigns: 

Someone with a hair pattern and texture similar to mine recommended this comb to me.Someone with a hair pattern and texture similar to mine recommended this comb to me.
Ulta Lip & Cheek Color Stick, shade Mood - I’ve never tried one of these before. I think Ulta products had an extra points multiplier when I decided to try this. It’s quite creamy and a bit emollient, so it should work well as a blush. Hand swatch: 
Spoiler
hauls-2022-oct-31-ultastick.jpeg
LynB nail polishes: I didn’t need another black cream nail polish, but I wondered if Quoth The Raven might be squishy enough to nearly pass for a jelly or crelly (based on another of their creams I have) in one coat. On that swatch stick, the swatch of black below the nail is one coat. (The nail is two coats.) What I really want is Orly’s new black jelly polish but, for now, it’s available only in a set—and I don’t want the whole set. 

Best Buds and Dammit Janet are magnetic polishes. The swatches below the nail are how each polish looks as-is, with no magnet applied. The nail shows a simple band pulled with my ring magnet. The band kinda looks like a circle/spot on the swatch sticks, yeah, I know; that’s because of how I photographed everything. Best Buds has a lovely duochrome effect when applied as-is. Here’s another photo, lit from a different angle, to show that off: 
Spoiler
This photo also does Field Of Screams more justice, though still not a match for how iridescent shifty it looks in person.This photo also does Field Of Screams more justice, though still not a match for how iridescent shifty it looks in person.

Such nice shades! Beautiful! @WinglessOne 

Great haul!! @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne fabulous haul!!

The Gucci and Dior lipsticks look gorgeous, @WinglessOne

Nice haul @WinglessOne! Enjoy all your goodies!

I really like the orange lipstick @WinglessOne . Thank you for reminding me about the Ulta product that I forgot was in my stash. 

Lovely hauls! 😁 ooooh Field of Screams and Best Buds defintley draw my eye,  they look awesome @WinglessOne 

Enjoy your goodies and I hope the rest arrives soon! 

@WinglessOne @Great hauls 😍

Thanks @SportyGirly125 !

Sephora sale order. Shipping was really fast!0EF6FBCC-4A31-47E4-9CD6-C89F79242E5C.jpeg

@faeriegirl excellent haul

Thank you @lmaster!

@faeriegirl Nice haul, but do you feel like the free samples were lacking?  I think I counted three sunscreens as free samples so far this sale.  I know people wear it all year round, but I was disappointed as that seems more summer-appropriate to me.  And I see you got a foundation card.  There were so many foundation/etc cards!

I definitely feel that way @greeneyedgirl107 !  Sometimes I don’t even pick any because I don’t want to waste them.

@faeriegirl that's a sad state of affairs when we Beauty enthusiasts would rather not have a sample!

2,671 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos395
  • V0Q1tGSdbaXLTMRkpf.gif
  • fx5EZH7pAQgl2HidYx.gif
  • 1zjPbzyGmrTGfFKFsj.gif
  • D562B47D-EDDB-4A55-82DE-F212BBB41DAD.gif
  • 9454C6CB-1DB8-4BA0-B91E-FCA25662237B.jpeg
  • 5ED69859-FCEE-436A-A3C4-90F51EFA8F89.jpeg
  • 0F96E8A4-0286-4DF5-B061-839E38C7099F.jpeg
  • 4C2C59F9-130B-4253-AC70-1BA98B28C2C6.jpeg
  • 35F63C5A-3D6D-4EF1-91D9-29B9B3A80C53.jpeg
  • My camera didn't pick up All Night's blue sparkly bits in this lighting, but they're there.
  • This is not my F&F order; that'll arrive later this week.
  • hauls-2022-oct-3-SephoraLipUndisciplined.jpeg
  • C29FCFC3-D802-4159-AE8C-9DCA22320D27.jpeg
  • 168EE4B1-B829-4B86-9D4B-2A2D358DA9D9.jpeg
  • 48573048-878C-4C81-9CE0-0CAF90848ED3.jpeg
testing