Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

My oh my, May is here! ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒธ It's time to show off all the magical must haves you picked up this month.

Let's give our hauls a moment to sparkle and shine! โญ

1000017278.gif

๐ŸŽ‰And of course a huge shout out to all the May Birthday Beauties! ๐ŸŽ‰

Wishing you all the most magical month. ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ

1000017279.gif

May also holds a special day for all the Mama's, Aunts, Grand Mama's, and all the ladies who play a special role to the kiddo's in thier lives. ๐Ÿ’ Happy Mother's Day to all of you! ๐Ÿ’

If you are pampering anyone this month, we'd love to see what you've picked out. ๐Ÿซถ

Happy Haulin! ๐Ÿ›๏ธ 

Re: Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

@ather, I've had the UD foundation for probably a couple of weeks before I put up the post, and have had more time to play with it so that's where the favorite has come in. It's really performed beautifully - beyond my expectations and I put it to the test too!

lol, lip oils, lip tints, skin tints, SPF, etc., it's easy to grab my attention sometimes. I've been okay on my low buy but it could be better. 

Really fun choices @itsfi ! Guava is on my list, too. I've heard nothing but good reviews on the UD so far.

@makeitup305, ohhh, I think Guava would look gorgeous on you! The UD continues to impress. I put it to an intense test and it held up! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ It does oxidize slightly but that worked out well for me.

@itsfi I was going to pick up Guava during the sale but ended up getting Fig instead. Donโ€™t tempt me lol Good to know about the UD. I definitely donโ€™t need another foundation right now but that 10x at Ulta is very appealing.

lol @makeitup305, I'm trying hard to hold the line on any more foundations. Hard with points multipliers and the upcoming Memorial Day sales I'm sure will be challenging to resist. Any foundations you've been loving lately?

@itsfi I've mostly tried Korean foundations lately. They've been overall ok, if a little on the light side color wise, but I was very impressed by the Jung Saem Mool Essential Skin Nuder Cushion. It had a great finish, coverage, and wear. 

@makeitup305, Iโ€™ve heard good things about that brandโ€™s cushion compacts. Iโ€™ve been trying to keep my cushions to a more manageable state and have it down to 4 (I think itโ€™s 4) open ones - iOPE, Troiareuke, Rom&nd and Em Cosmetics. If I can get through a couple of these, I may give Jung Saem Mool a try. 

@itsfi I have one from fwee and the Clio Mesh Glow. They're both ok but not as long wearing as the JSM. The other Korean foundations I've tried are the Espoir Velvet Matt, VDL, and one from Amuse. They're all decent but the JSM still stands out to me in comparison. It also has the best match. It's so hard to find a decent match when the range is so limited. I'm a perfect 21 Medium in the JSM but a 23 in almost everything else. 

@makeitup305, ahhh, you reminded me I have one from Amuse as well; Iโ€™m sure there are others in my stash that Iโ€™ve missed. ๐Ÿ˜ Have you tried TirTir? Their red cushion has a wider shade range.

@itsfi I saw that TirTir expanded their shade. That's really great. I haven't tried the red one because I think it's more geared towards oily skin and has a matte finish, which is the opposite of what I usually go for. I think I might like their silver one better but I haven't tried it yet. I'm usually a 23 or a medium in most foundations so I still have a good amount of options but it's crazy that I'm almost the deepest shade and they're light on me sometimes.

Nice haul @itsfi! The lip oil is so pretty!

@faeriegirl, thank you. Glad I finally decided to pick up some of their products.

@itsfi  great hauls! I have never tried applying my base with a kabuki brush, although I do have a couple that came with various brush sets. Any tips? ๐Ÿ˜… Good luck with the Eadem toner, I hope it works out for you!

@caitbird, the more densely packed kabuki brushes work well for me for liquid foundations, like the Sigma F80, the DM and Shu Uemura kabuki. Kabuki brushes like the Chantecaille are better suited for powder, loose powder formulations, in my mind. I usually put product on the back of my hand, lightly dab the kabuki brush into and then apply to my face in circular motions. 

Thank you, the EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL has been very good to me and Iโ€™ve enjoyed the miniโ€™s and deluxe sized samples of their other products so I thought Iโ€™d give this a try. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

edited to add - @caitbird, the flowers in the Typology photo are in a Voluspa mini candle jar - the various sizes work beautifully as vases. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@itsfi  thanks so much for the tips! I feel like I should at least give it a try, even if it ends up not being my preferred application method. I'm just curious to try a new-to-me technique!

Love the flowers in the candle jar - I am at the point where I rarely feel like bothering with real houseplants, and we don't really have any proper flower shops near where I live (some little farmstands tho...now that's an idea, actually), but I am quite fond of faux flowers and plants these days. I would love to get some smaller bud vase-sized faux flowers that could live in a mini candle jar like that!

Oooouh, picking up flowers at a farmstand could make for a lovely bouquet @caitbird. Or maybe just picking up a stem? Ohhhhh, Iโ€™m working on keeping some houseplants alive ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

If you try a kabuki brush for applying foundation, definitely let me know what you think. Its fun to try different techniques - we may go back to our preferred method but itโ€™s great to try something new.

@itsfi  we also have a fair amount of flowers blooming in the garden at the moment (nothing to do with me, all credit to my mom! ๐Ÿ˜…), so I think I will try cutting a few of those to have some fresh flowers around. It's a nice option this time of year, anyway.

Agree about trying new techniques - there are so many techniques and tutorials out there and I would love to experiment more!

Ahhh, fresh picked flowers are always a nice touch @caitbird! ๐Ÿ’ Itโ€™s great when flowers are in bloom - so pretty to see them, in a garden, as Iโ€™m walking outdoors, etc. 

@itsfi  absolutely, I always love flowers so much, they never fail to make me happy! ๐ŸŒป

@itsfi   I've had my eye on Typology for so long- I'm so glad you bit the bullet first. ๐Ÿ™‚  Lovely products!

@Ispend2much6, thank you. Someone had to be first?! lol. Their lip oils are good, and the packaging is cute. 

Conversation Stats
Photos214
  • 1000017278.gif
  • 1000017279.gif
  • 17144986994738838166369396453455.jpg
  • 1000017375.jpg
  • 1000017377.jpg
  • IMG_4273.jpeg
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
  • DC3A9152-0AD0-4FFF-AFF4-8DC0E2D7F252.jpeg
  • 3E7CA2AA-24E8-487D-AD68-99B3FCF0BFC5.jpeg
  • I intentionally picked shades Sephora doesnโ€™t carry, so I could use other retailer rewards instead of my most recently acquired Rouge Reward (which Iโ€™ll use for different goodies).
  • Okay, NOW Iโ€™ll stop buying so many candles this year. :D
  • 17146722456176014968085215806512.jpg
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
  • IMG_4097.jpeg
testing