Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

My oh my, May is here! ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒธ It's time to show off all the magical must haves you picked up this month.

Let's give our hauls a moment to sparkle and shine! โญ

1000017278.gif

๐ŸŽ‰And of course a huge shout out to all the May Birthday Beauties! ๐ŸŽ‰

Wishing you all the most magical month. ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ

1000017279.gif

May also holds a special day for all the Mama's, Aunts, Grand Mama's, and all the ladies who play a special role to the kiddo's in thier lives. ๐Ÿ’ Happy Mother's Day to all of you! ๐Ÿ’

If you are pampering anyone this month, we'd love to see what you've picked out. ๐Ÿซถ

Happy Haulin! ๐Ÿ›๏ธ 

Re: Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

@SportyGirly125  I love these! I canโ€™t decide between the three which one is my favorite! 

@Southernchic99 Thank you

Now this is a fun haul @SportyGirly125 

@CorgiMommy Thank you 

Ooooh you got the new SDJ scents ๐Ÿคฉ and the lilac lip oil? Outstanding haul! @SportyGirly125 

@CynthieLu Thank you. I also placed an order through Ouaiโ€™s site to get the St Barth mist and lip oil. I tested it out in store yesterday and liked the scent. 

Great choices, I hope you love the lip oil color, @SportyGirly125!

@curlychiquita Thank you 

Happy Friday, BIC! 

5.17.2024 Haul - Sephora.jpg

HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA PhD Hybrid Lip Glaze Plumping Gloss Guava has been on my list and I was inspired by seeing it in @AlexBT's monthly favorites last month. 

Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Face 2.0 Teardrop Kabuki Complexion Brush looks and feels beautiful. I've been getting back to applying foundation with a kabuki brush so it was really hard to resist ๐Ÿ˜‰ when she released this brush.

Urban Decay Face Bond Self Setting Waterproof Foundation - it really is self setting and waterproof! ๐Ÿ‘ Longwearing, medium coverage, demi-matte. A new favorite. ๐Ÿ˜

EADEM Cashmere Peel Gentle AHA + PHA Exfoliating Toner with 9% Lactic, Azelaic, Tranexamic Acids 5.0... - going to give this a try. I've had some sensitivity to PHA in the past (forehead only and in cleansing oils) so wish me luck!

Westman Atelier Vital Skincare Complexion Drops Dewy Skin Tint Atelier III, a repurchase in a slightly darker shade for summer.

Spoiler
5.17.2024 Haul - Sephora 2.jpg
5.17.2024 Haul - Sephora 3.jpg

Typology - I've had my eye on their skincare and lip oils for some time now. Didn't really need any more in my stash, but ... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ The lip oils are lovely - I'm inclined to pick up another shade, maybe 2. Later though. Later. ๐Ÿ˜š The tinted serum (Shade 2, the second lightest shade) is something that I'll probably reach for more as the temperature heats up and my skin gets a little more warmth and color to it. 

5.2024 Typology.jpg

Typology Lip Oil Swatches

Spoiler
Typology Powder Pink.jpg
Typology Plum Purple.jpg

The lip oils look so juicy ๐Ÿ˜. I might check the brush out too @itsfi 

@Buootiful, I've been enjoying the lip oils - the formula is thinner than the Gisou lip oils (also ones I enjoy) and the colors, of course, are different but also pigmented and layerable. The applicator on this one (doe-foot) is on the smaller, thinner side compared to many of the ones on the market now; it's fine with me, but just mentioning it here.

Those lip oils are so pretty @itsfi 

@lmaster. thank you! They go on very smoothly too - easy to layer, feel comfortable on!

@itsfi Fun new beauties!  I haven't been up on UD releases in some time, but I've heard a few people mention how much they enjoy the Urban Decay Face Bond Self Setting Waterproof Foundation now.  My list of 'need to try' keeps growing!!

@missjeanie, I'm having a hard time remembering when an UD product had me tthis enamored with it ... ๐Ÿค” I was quite surprised how well this has lived up to its claims - I put it to some exacting testing conditions thinking there's no way it's going to last! It's a good thing I didn't put money on that. 

@itsfi I've used their products off and on ... and while they were all fine, nothing stands out to me either.  Face Bond might just be it!  I like to keep a few longer wearing/lasting products around with my skin tints just to keep things diversified. 

๐Ÿ’ฏ @missjeanie! I like having a variety of coverages and finishes on hand but skin tints definitely make up the bulk of my collection. I have a few that are medium-to-full coverage; and most of them I see surviving a declutter campaign. ๐Ÿ˜† Whatโ€™s your favorite full coverage foundation? Or the one your current go to in that category? 

@itsfi It's good to cover the spread!  I don't know that any of my 'full coverage' are actually full coverage.  They're just .. more coverage than usual.  I currently have 6 in my stash of what I'd call... more coverage or very buildable to more coverage. In order from least to most favourite...

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer  I don't know that I'd re buy this one.  It's okay, but it's in my panning box.  It's getting older and there are others that I prefer.  It is nice in that I can use it as either foundation or concealer though.

Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Liquid Foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen This one can play differently with different skincare but looks great when it looks great. 

Lancรดme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Matte Foundation This one is just very matte.  Doesn't always look as skin like as I'd like and I need to prep with so much moisture before hand!

Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation So... this one... I think I had my expectations set too high.  It's a nice foundation, but I can't seem to find a great colour match for my skin.  I have to wait until I'm fake tanned in the summer to wear it.  

MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation This is one that depending on how I wear it can be sheer as can be, or ultra full coverage.  I like that it's flexible for me.  

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Okay this is tied with the MUFE stick.  It's sheer yes, but it's also buildable in the areas I want more.  

I may need to pan a few of these this year.  For sure not my fav category. 

@missjeanie, a good color match really does elevate how great a foundation performs. At least for me. Armani does release new shades of their LSF from time to time, so maybe there'll be a new shade that's perfect for you soon. ๐Ÿคž Ahhh, the NARS Sheer Glow is such a pretty foundation; I can see how it's ranked to so high. ๐Ÿ˜ I am making a note to check out the MUFE foundation stick ... in the future, not now. Must keep to my low buy and possibly a no buy coming up soon. Eek! Maybe I'll try the MUFE around the same time the Dior foundation stick comes out this summer. ๐Ÿค”

@itsfi Oh that's good to know about the Armani... I might need to keep an eye out.  The MUFE stick has just been such a workhorse for me the last 5 or 6 years?  Maybe more?  The ease and versatility make it a win.  Though I think that finding the right stick foundation, whatever it may be for you, can do this.  

@itsfi  Beautiful haul!! A self setting foundation and itโ€™s already a fav!! Wow it must be good! ๐Ÿ˜Š That brush looks amazing!! Hard to resist!!! Fingers crossed the Eadem works and doesnโ€™t cause any sensitivities on your skin. It says gentle so hopefully itโ€™s ok. Iโ€™ve noticed that I canโ€™t seem to use aha or pha either. I keep trying but I usually can feel some tingling and my skin is super sensitive after for a few days those lip oils look beautiful on you! I can see why you may need to go get a few more! Plus you wear lip oils every day. So I mean a few extra wonโ€™t hurt right!! 

Conversation Stats
Photos214
  • 1000017278.gif
  • 1000017279.gif
  • 17144986994738838166369396453455.jpg
  • 1000017375.jpg
  • 1000017377.jpg
  • IMG_4273.jpeg
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
  • DC3A9152-0AD0-4FFF-AFF4-8DC0E2D7F252.jpeg
  • 3E7CA2AA-24E8-487D-AD68-99B3FCF0BFC5.jpeg
  • I intentionally picked shades Sephora doesnโ€™t carry, so I could use other retailer rewards instead of my most recently acquired Rouge Reward (which Iโ€™ll use for different goodies).
  • Okay, NOW Iโ€™ll stop buying so many candles this year. :D
  • 17146722456176014968085215806512.jpg
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
  • IMG_4097.jpeg
testing