Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jazzy July 2017 Hauls!

I haven't hosted one of these threads before, but since July is my birthday month, I figured I'd give it a go! I can't wait to see all of the amazing hauls this month will bring!

Image result for hello july fireworks

Tags:

Re: Jazzy July Hauls!

I've been eyeing the CT palette so long >_< ! how is it?

@flyte I really, really love it. I haven't had good luck with complete face palettes, but this one is amazing. I have super fair skin and it's not too dark and gives me a nice sun-kissed glow. It's a great summer palette for that.

@properlylost everything looks so luxurious.. and I love the photos! 🙂

This is an amazing haul and your photos are lovely!   That Chanel palette is one of my all time faves - I am so glad you were able to get your hands on it!  @properlylost

@Tamara76 Me too. I'd been wanting both forever and was so happy to finally get them. Both completely lived up to the hype for me.

@properlylost  Gorgeous hall! I am living vicariously through you.

I love this thread!  It needs a Bump! to get ahead of the tons of spam. 

IMG_5285.JPG

Small and fairly dull MAC haul. These are my favorite makeup wipes so I am totally bummed that I pulled out ten of them and they were all bone dry and then I just gave up! I kinda expect the top one or two to be a little less wet than the rest of the package but these were like tissue paper, so I'll have to call customer service tomorrow. 😞

But I also redeemed my loyalty gift which I quite like: Patent Lip Polish in "It's Really Me"

Creme d'Nude perfume sample: I really like this! At first I couldn't place what I already own that it smells like but it just came to me - Kenzo Amour. 

I hate dry makeup wipes! I kept dealing with that with the Neutrogena ones so I switched to the Costco brand and they are amazing, plus way way cheaper

Dry makeup wipes are super annoying! I hope you'll be able to get things straightened out with CS.

Otherwise, nice haul! I looked up the perfume notes for Creme d'Nude and I may have to look into that one. 🙂

My Laura Mercier sale haul!  I'm falling in love with this brand, its becoming my high-end cruelty free replacement for Nars.  The packaging all feels so luxurious.  Also the two deluxe samples are really generous and have the full quality packaging, which I love.

* Candleglow Foundation in vanille

* Candleglow Perfecting Powder in 1

* Foundation Primer in radiance

* Matte Radiance Baked Highlighter in 1

So far I love everything, but I'm especially blown away by the Matte Radiance highlighter.  Its such a beautiful sheen.

upload_2998119235553951715.jpg

@Madeline7 Love this haul! I love the radiance primer, and the radiance bronze primer is also amazing but no one talks about that one for some reason. I have been wanting to try the highlighter - everyone seems to love it so much. What are your thoughts on the foundation? 

@ashlynaf definitely recommend trying the highlighter - they have it as a free DS with purchase on the LM website right now!

The foundation is bomb.  I got a sample of it at Nordstroms and knew I needed the full size ASAP.  Its a light-medium coverage and so, so natural and glowy without being shiny.  I can't decide if its my very favorite foundation but its up there

@Madeline7 I hate to disappoint you, but Laura Mercier is on Logical Harmony's brands to avoid list. It is most definitely not cruelty free. 

@beadshopgirl I actually disagree with Logical Harmony's listing in this case.  Laura Mercier does not sell in China, and doesn't currently conduct any animal testing.  If they were to start animal testing or move into China, I would no longer consider them CF and would stop purchasing 🙂

They're somewhat duplicitous in their wording in their FAQ.  It definitely gives them wiggle room, if they start selling in China. They are also owned by Shiseido, who owns NARS, so I'm not sure I trust them.

1499295703240.jpeg

That's true, but the same could really be said of any brand.  Nars used to say it would never test on animals, and well...now they do.  

I guess a promise from a company about future actions doesn't mean anything to me (money will always win), and I base everything on what they're doing in the present.  LH considers many brands owned by EL/Shiseido/etc cruelty-free, so I find LH's reasoning here inconsistent.

Its up to you on where you draw the line though!  People can take CF to different limits, and I haven't set ownership by non-CF companies as a restriction for myself at the moment (its a totally valid restriction on the definition of CF if you go by that 🙂 )

I'm not all that hung up on parent companies either, it's just Laura Mercier in particular has been waffling with their cruelty-free answers over the years. 

I love the radiance primer, especially in the summer. Enjoy your haul 😊

Happy Birthday @lmi82!! ❤️ ❤️

Thanks for starting the July hauls thread! 😻

ffd2e71103ee389af23722945ad0c6d7.jpg

Thank you for the birthday wishes @angel7594! I hope you had a great 4th of July! 🙂

2 Replies
testing