Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Holiday 2023 Shopping Advice ThreadHoliday 2023 Shopping Advice Thread

If shopping beauty is your passion, it’s your time to shine: the holiday season is here! And in our opinion, it’s never too early to start building that basket! Think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs this season. Or maybe you’re not quite ready to start making a dent in that gift list, and instead want to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself! Either way, you’ve come to the right place to swap beauty recs, show off your shopping haul, and get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! ❄

Reply below and let us know: What are you adding to your basket this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Cyber Week Basket? (Updated 11/20)

That's on for a steal! @tsavorite I think I'm going to have try this.  I'm excited to see how it works for my very dry skin over the winter months.

You've had a good experience with it?

Re: Holiday 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Cyber Week Basket? (Updated 11/20)

@CynthieLu i personally use it on my face and body in the winter, but definitely test patch to see how it works for your face if you’re not sure. It’s been a saviour for years - especially a few years ago when I had a really bad dermatitis flare during the cold months. I’ve gotten my whole family on it now! It’s one of those products I can’t see myself ever not having backups on hand of😍

Thank you for that @cianni 😊🙏

I'm sure I had this as a tester and loved it, but I can't 100% recall. 😅

The BF sale is unbelievably fantastic. From 63 to 27? It felt like it was a no brainer. I had to jump on it. And I'm really hopefully for my eczema and skin issues it's going be a good helpful balm. Especially during winter when my skin tends to be at it's worst.

Exactly, I'm doing a full 48 hours patch test and treading carefully around my face. 💜🙏

@CynthieLu ,

I don't recommend the cream myself for faces because I only use it on my hands and elbows.  ( I rarely touch a little in spots to my face.)  Ultra Repair Cream has an ingredient, Colloidal Oatmeal, which is recommended as a skin protectant by the FDA.  This cream is my personal holy grail for use on my hands and elbows.  I like to spread the word because it has helped me so much.  Read the ingredients.  It has Ceramides, Squalene, and Shea Butter.   I use it year-round, but I think that it would be great for use in the Winter months.  (Some reviewers on the Sephora product page have not been happy with the results when they used this on their face.)

I have read the reviews, some people can use it other thier faces, others definitely not. Thank you for the caution 🙏 @tsavorite My skin is dry normally everywhere, but extra dry in the winter. My face is pretty sensitive. If I were going too try this on my face I would for safety, do a very small patch test first. I'm thinking this week be great for my body and if I'm lucky I can use it on my face too 😉

@CynthieLu ,

I hope this works well for you!  It's really worth a try.

Thank you! @tsavorite I'm excited to give it a go ☺️

Ended up picking up the Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Massage and Body Oil 1.0oz/ 30mL (before it sold out) wanted to grab more but unfortunately had to end up buying them at DermStore since I waited too long but I did end up snagging the Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Extra Rich Body Lotion Cream 6.52 oz/ 185 g to ease my sorrows. 🤣

As for the exclusive Cyber Monday deals, I ended up snagging Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil and plan to purchase the Carolina Herrera Bad Boy Extreme Eau de Parfum as an upcoming gift for my S/O. 

The Ellis Brooklyn CBD oil and cream are excellent! The CEO serum too. Enjoy your haul @QueenMarceline!

@itsfi Thank you so much 🙂 Seems like it's unfortunately being phased out or discontinued? I can't seem to find it on the Ellis Brooklyn site. 😕

Great Sale Sephora!!

I’m grabbing the Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Soothing Serum Skin Tint Foundation with Peptides + Ceramides 14 and Jouer Cosmetics Essential Lip Enhancer Vanilla !! gonna be so yummy for Christmas!

@AnnTru Have you tried the Danessa Myricks Yummy Skin Tint before?  I've had it in and out of my cart about a dozen times and just can't make up my mind.

You are going to be all set with those two @AnnTru. 🤩

@AnnTru, the Danessa Myricks tint leaves a beautiful finish on the skin.

Went to Sephora in Kolhs yesterday and everything was an extra 10% off!

So I grabbed:

Too Faced Let It Snow Globes Makeup Collection 

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’40 Bom Dia Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8 oz/ 240 mL 

tarte maracuja juicy lip balm best-sellers set 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer FU$$Y 

And I’m planning on getting the MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Matte Setting Powder 

when it’s 30% off tomorrow❤️❤️❤️

@happyskincare Looks like you've got some great goodies there.  And for an extra 10% off... heck ya!

@happyskincare wow, I didn't know that everything was an extra 10% off but that's great!  Sounds like you scored some fun things.

Yes I didn’t know either! I think it was just for Sephora at kolhs but 10% adds up!❤️❤️❤️

What a great deal @happyskincare! Those are some great lip products you picked up - both the Tarte and Fenty lippies are wonderful!

Thanks❤️ slowly getting more interested in makeup I love the tarte already❤️❤️❤️

I purchased Juliette Has a Gun Ode to Dullness Eau de Parfum , Viktor&Rolf Good Fortune Eau De Parfum Gift Set , Sunday Riley Morning Buzz Vitamin C Trio Kit! 

1,110 Replies
testing