Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Fetching February Hauls 2023

It’s almost February ! Join me in posting your exciting February (and Valentines)  Hauls - it might be the shortest month but I’m sure our hauls won’t be the smallest!!! 

2DD26645-52B0-4B0A-95FD-A57E5C27BB3E.gif

7BFA43DD-1B49-4A36-8E8B-0E46CEB3DF8D.gif

Re: Fetching February Hauls 2023

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ! Yeah, the Laneige cream contains too many fragrance components so I know my face would throw a tantrum at it. Too bad because it also contains a bit of madecassoside (a centella asiatica component) which my skin loves. But I'm sure I can find a good home for it. 🙂 

Okay this was part of a haul from Nov/Dec of last year (please forgive me) but I wanted to give a shoutout to @curlychiquita as I'm pretty sure she was the one that steered me towards the MAKE UP FOR EVER Buffing Foundation Brush 112 . This brush is AWESOME with my dry/sensitive skin and has been a total game changer when it comes to applying my makeup. I only got around to trying it this month so I hope it's okay to post here. I have zero issues with sensitivity and my makeup does not lift nor does it become patchy/cakey at all. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!

Spoiler
I know the favorite of the month post is probably where this should go but I know I will forget (please forgive me) before it goes up and I really wanted to thank her and anyone else that may have steered me towards that brush (and I'm sorry if I have forgotten you). It has solved my foundation issues and I can't thank ya'll enough!!! Like seriously I've been battling patchiness and lifting foundation for a long time and I've tried all the tricks (adding oil(s), layering techniques, new primers, new foundations and concealers) and brushes that were recommended by multiple sources with no luck. This coupled with the new MAC Hyper Real skincanvas balm, the GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI All Time Prime Clean Hydrating Prep & Smooth Face Oil 0.95 fl oz. / 28 mL and a spritz of Yves Saint Laurent NU DEWY MIST Hydrating Face Spray with Hyaluronic Acid 3.4 oz/ 100 mL is FINALLY the right combo when used with this brush. This has been a 3+ year battle and I'm so glad I finally found a combination that works!!!

niki172_3-1676114373181.jpeg

**not my pic BTW but a great scale image**

Awwww!!! @niki172, it made me so happy when I read you've found the combo that works for you with this brush! That's such a great feeling! Yessss!!! 😁

@niki172 Great feedback on the brush. It looks really soft and dense 💕

@Mellmars1185 it really is. I apply my foundation with my hands (I know the horror lol) and then I go in and use the brush to "smooth" it out in a gentle stamping motion with some gentle swipes (?) as well. Anyone here probably has dealt with applying face makeup with brushes to be irritating and (sometimes) a little painful to the skin - not this brush! I also found a new blush brush that I LOVE but it's made by Trixie cosmetics and Sephora doesn't carry the line (man would that be awesome but it's a smaller owned company here in the States). It's soooo soft and again very dense synthetic fibers that applies product without irritation AND it doesn't move my foundation/take my base with it.

@niki172 I tried adding the brush to my cart, but it looks like Sephora Canada does not sell it ‌😢‌. It is great to know about Trixie Cosmetics. I will check out the brand. i found some great brushes by Rose and Beauty. I use a similar technique where I press the makeup in with the brush after I apply it to my face. Sometimes, i spray the brush with a little bit of setting spray 

@Mellmars1185 ugh I'm sorry it's not offered in Canada that stinks 😞. I hate to suggest this but maybe another retailer up there sells the brushes? I also have a stippling brush from Trixie Cosmetics but I've never used it. All of her stuff is vegan and cruelty free. My trick with setting spray is that I spray my face after I'm done (before blush and bronzer) use a small fan to dry it down a bit (like the PATRICK TA Major Glow Setting Fan ), then go in with the gentle stamping motion on anywhere where it looks like pores are going to come thru or where I may crease. Good luck on finding brushes - I know and feel your frustration on finding the right tools.

@niki172  Wow, over 3 years of trial and error.  That’s a lot of time trying out products.  You must feel so happy that you have found the answer 😃

@Cissy63 when I finally got it correct I ran to my husband and said "you're not going to understand this: my makeup finally looks FANTASTIC!!" as I jumped up and down like a happy little kid. I got a "I'm happy for you honey" answer with zero knowledge of what was going on even after explaining the significance of this momentous occasion 😅.

Oh @niki172  I’ve been there myself.  And I can certainly see your home and his face. 😐

That brush looks so nice and so glad you’ve found your persons @niki172 😂. Great tip from @curlychiquita!. 🥰 I’m crazy about the oil as well.  (I learned the same tip from @WinglessOne and it’s been a lifesaver for my eyes. Always one of those or Aquaphor in my bag too!) 

@Sunnysmom it really makes a huge difference in my concealer application/wear time and I'm not left with any major eczema issues at the end of the day 🤗. The days of me wearing concealer and then having to apply medication to my under eye area due to irritation for the next few days is hopefully over.

Yup @niki172 I truly understand this. My eyes have been a mess for such a long time.  It’s so frustrating! It’s the best when you find the perfect solution ! 🥰

Aw, you're welcome, @niki172! I still love this foundation brush, too, and use it all the time. I'm glad you love it, too! 💖 I'm so excited you found a great combo for your skin, also!

@niki172 fabulous haul!!

That’s awesome @niki172 ! I am so happy you finally found a combo that works for you! 🎉🎉🎉 That brush looks so pretty and soft.
BTW, gorgeous nails! 

@niki172  Hooray for finding the winning combo, especially after a long battle! 

And thank you so much @WinglessOne for the trick with the CeraVe ointment under the eyes - still use it!

I love this success story  🙌  🥳

You won a 3 year battle, that's huge! Way to go! @niki172 

@CynthieLu Thank you very much. I know it's only makeup and not something major to accomplish in life but developing eczema and other skin issues due to autoimmune disorder(s) really throws a wrench at you especially when you're in your late 30's. Oh to have the skin I had in my 20's - I never realized I had it so good 😅

Spoiler
Not being able to get my base correct really made me fall out of love with makeup honestly (my obsession turned to skincare so not a total loss). I didn't want to go around with a crunchy face and it's been easy to hide behind a literal mask these past few years with little to no makeup on. I have really been enjoying going out these past few weekends (it's been a loooong time) getting dolled up and having a great time actually socializing and not being a hermit. Makeup for me is a fun ritual before leaving my home and maybe a little bit of a shield for me as well to use as a way to let myself have fun again after being cooped up for so long. It gives me a chance to take my time and play with my artistry (aka a million eyeshadow palettes) and come up with a fun eye look. I didn't realize how much I've missed coming up with new looks and the actual application of makeup - it's wonderful to be back ❤️.

That's so amazing @niki172 Yeahy! 🩷🩷🩷

I think our skin is something we can take for granted. Exzema, Rosacea , Psoriasis can really effect so many parts of your life. Especially your confidence if its prominent or on your face. 💙

I am so happy for you! Your rediscovering a lost love! Yeeees! 🎊

l'd love to hear what is working for you in your routine, your products etc.. I know what works for my skin issues by I keep an ear to the ground for what's working for anyone else, skin care a big deal to me too  ️  

1,541 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos217
  • ND Mini Gold palette swatches.
  • Wish I'd caught daylight hours for swatch photos, but warm indoor lights will have to do.
  • 7BFA43DD-1B49-4A36-8E8B-0E46CEB3DF8D.gif
  • 2DD26645-52B0-4B0A-95FD-A57E5C27BB3E.gif
  • EF0DE601-A903-4670-A114-F7DDD0FE3393.gif
  • 602BB46A-F3B6-4C61-9F20-0B4888E572C8.jpeg
  • 2C98BB45-93E2-467A-B134-E26E44A5F706.jpeg
  • 688674A3-4566-4338-ABC0-EB341730CED7.jpeg
  • B630903E-1031-49E7-B55E-D3C9F695A380.jpeg
  • B3F322C7-B866-4624-9EF9-AC6AC82BACAC.jpeg
  • 2.1.2023 Haul - Ami Cole 2.jpg
  • Ami Cole direct
  • Credo Beauty
  • Sephora