Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Fetching February Hauls 2023

It’s almost February ! Join me in posting your exciting February (and Valentines)  Hauls - it might be the shortest month but I’m sure our hauls won’t be the smallest!!! 

2DD26645-52B0-4B0A-95FD-A57E5C27BB3E.gif

7BFA43DD-1B49-4A36-8E8B-0E46CEB3DF8D.gif

Re: Fetching February Hauls 2023

@ather thank you!

Nice haul @CookieGirl1! I would love to hear your thoughts on the redken set!

@faeriegirl I wanted to like the Redken set so badly!  Redken as a brand is very hit-or-miss for me and while there are a few products that I love there are some (like these) that just didn't work out for me.  After using the system--as a complete system as well as mixing and matching with other products--my hair was always left feeling extremely dry and it just looked a little flat and dull.  I'm really glad that these were minis!

Thank you @CookieGirl1 ! Redken is very hit or miss for me too.

@CookieGirl1  That eye palette name makes me chuckle 😁😁. But I’m loving the colors!  Your new polish’s are pretty!  

@Cissy63 thank you!

Ahhh, Davines! Very nice. Just looking at the cover of that froggy palette makes me smile @CookieGirl1! Would love to know your take on the Aerin fragrance once you’ve been able to give it some trial runs. 

@itsfi I've weirdly wanted to try Davines for years and I finally got it on a good sale price to satisfy my curiosity.  I have to admit, I'm not sold on the shampoo but the conditioner is different than what I expected because I thought it would make my hair feel super soft and while it doesn't necessarily excel in that area it does make my hair feel insanely light and almost "bouncy" which I'm not mad about.  

The palette is absolutely fun; I love the colors and the packaging and the shimmers are honestly AMAZING.

As far as the fragrance goes, I've worn it a couple of times and while it wouldn't be an absolute favorite I do like it.  It's not quite what I was expecting (although that's not necessarily a bad thing) because the honeysuckle note is actually fairly light and on my skin while the citrus is what stands out much more dominantly.  TBH, since I still have a little left I'll probably purposely reserve it and use it when Spring/Summer is actually here because I think that the fragrance is more seasonally appropriate for that kind of weather.

@CookieGirl1  I can't stop laughing at that palette name. 😂 It looks very pretty! 

@WinglessOne I know, I laugh every time I hear it called "The MILF Palette" 😂.  Seriously, though, it's been so much fun to play with!  I hauled their newest palette last month and I, uh, ordered another one of their palettes when it restocked and it's currently en route to me.  Their shimmers are fabulous and while the palette(s) aren't stand-alones for me since they don't have any mattes, they're perfect pairing palettes and I'm never sorry about how a look turns out when I use them.

@CookieGirl1  Hmm, I'll have to keep Sugar Drizzle on my radar now. I'm all for great shimmers! 

@WinglessOne definitely.  I appreciate that they actually stay put on my eyes, too, and I don't experience much fading throughout the day.

@CookieGirl1 Nice haul. Your hair is going to be really nourished after using the items from this haul. The palette is really pretty. The nail polish is also really glam. I have not seen that brand before.

Sephora bonus points order: 

Grabbed the Voluspa diffuser while it was marked down.Grabbed the Voluspa diffuser while it was marked down.
Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick Hibiscus - my first product by this brand. It felt very creamy on my hand. I did a quick and dirty finger application test on one check last night, right before hopping in the shower. It applied easily with no patchiness, but took a bit of finessing to blend out the edges. Then again, this was a very fast application; I didn't take as much time and care as I normally would. So I'll hold final judgment til I've applied this blush and worn it a full day. I should also test it as a lip product, though that's not the reason I bought it. 

#LYS Beauty Speak Love Moisture Matte Lipstick Joyful - my second LYS matte lipstick. Haven't worn it yet, but will compare it to Moody this week to see how consistent LYS's formula is. Funny: for decades, I've called coral lipstick my enemy, yet I seem to keep adding them to my hoard lately. 😂 It helps tremendously that more brands are releasing peach and orange/red-leaning corals, not just pink corals. 

Too Faced Too Femme Heart Core Lipstick Nothing Compares 2 U - oh look, another coral! Had this one not been on sale, I'd have passed it up because Too Faced's lipsticks are hit or miss for me when it comes to performance. This one feels very comfy balmy and has good opacity. It's almost too emollient: it can get streaky during application. But overall, I like it. I don't even mind the smaste (smell-taste) which isn't terribly obnoxious but does linger longer than I'd like. 

Swatches of those 3 items:
Spoiler
hauls-2023-feb-27-swatches.jpeg
#VOLUSPA Kalahari Watermelon Home Diffuser 3.4 oz/100 mL diffuser - I've wanted this for a while and couldn't resist the temporary sale price. Haven't even unboxed it yet, aside from checking to make sure the bottle arrived intact. I'll set it up sometime this week. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Microsmooth Multi-Tasking Baked Face Powder Foundation 40 Tan - bought a backup in case it disappears from stores. 

GWP: Sephora Collection Nourishing Moisturizer and Glow Recipe Plum Pump Moisturizer - took advantage of this promo again. 

@WinglessOne  Between @itsfi  and you selling the SC backed power I think I better run and get like 10 now!!! How is the scent on the voluspa!

Thank you @ather @faeriegirl @Cissy63 and @itsfi ! Hopefully I'll remember to try the Ami Colé stick as lipstick tomorrow... meant to do that today but forgot. 

Excellent haul @WinglessOne! Enjoy all your goodies!

@WinglessOne  Beautiful colors on your blush and lippies 🧡🧡.   

@WinglessOne, excellent call on getting a backup of the SC powder! I’m trying not to hoard too many backups but that powder fits into an exception.

I’ve been very impressed with the Ami Cole items I’ve used. 🧡 I know the lip functionality of the Ami Cole wasn’t the reason you picked up the blusher but if you do test it as a lippie, I’d be interested in your take on it. The color payoff on it looks great! I have far more blushes than I will ever use up, same for lippies, but I’m more inclined to use my lippies. 

@WinglessOne Nice haul! Your home is going to smell wonderful 🍉. The lippies are all beautiful. 

1,541 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos217
  • ND Mini Gold palette swatches.
  • Wish I'd caught daylight hours for swatch photos, but warm indoor lights will have to do.
  • 7BFA43DD-1B49-4A36-8E8B-0E46CEB3DF8D.gif
  • 2DD26645-52B0-4B0A-95FD-A57E5C27BB3E.gif
  • EF0DE601-A903-4670-A114-F7DDD0FE3393.gif
  • 602BB46A-F3B6-4C61-9F20-0B4888E572C8.jpeg
  • 2C98BB45-93E2-467A-B134-E26E44A5F706.jpeg
  • 688674A3-4566-4338-ABC0-EB341730CED7.jpeg
  • B630903E-1031-49E7-B55E-D3C9F695A380.jpeg
  • B3F322C7-B866-4624-9EF9-AC6AC82BACAC.jpeg
  • 2.1.2023 Haul - Ami Cole 2.jpg
  • Ami Cole direct
  • Credo Beauty
  • Sephora