Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

perfume suggestions!

hi i am looking for a fruity/floral/vanilla type of scent that is youthful and fun, lasts long, and doesn’t smell too chemically because perfumes tend to cause me headaches easily. thank you! 🙂 

Re: perfume suggestions!

Hi, @haleyyp 

Perfume is hard to recommend - It is a pretty personal item, and often smells different on different individuals, based on their body chemistry. What I'm actually going to recommend is a strategy for finding one you love, that will work for you.

First - if you are comfortable shopping in-store, ask for samples. I do it all the time. While store associates would like to sell you something, I always politely explain that fragrances can trigger migraines for me (many of them do), so I really need to try them for a while, to make sure they won't trigger a migraine and a return (They always understand the 'return' part  😉  ). One thing you'll find is that fragrances do shift after the top notes wear off, so wearing it for a while is important to make sure you don't get a headache from it, and to ensure it is long-lasting.

The other things I'd recommend is looking for fragrance samples as part of your 2 free samples online at Sephora, taking advantage of fragrance sample promo codes at Sephora, trying the fragrance cards in some store catalogs/sales ads, or even just trying the Sephora fragrance samplers with the certificate to cash in for the rollerball or small size.

Take your time, and make sure you find something you will be happy with, that will work well for you.

Good luck - HTH, and hope you find something you love. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing