Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

2020-12-sephorathon-bi-dollar-savings-offer-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

It’s that time of year, BIC! The holiday season is here, and we know many of you have some important shopping decisions to make. Whether you’re checking off gifts for your loved ones, or looking to treat yourself, we want to know: What beauty goodies are on your list this year? Got a solid strategy for getting the most out of the holiday sales and deals? Let Community know how you’re building your basket!

Click the “Reply” button below to share your holiday shopping list, post pics of your holiday hauls, or ask other members for gifting/product advice! 😊

Re: Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

@ssimmy  The only products I know of that can change naturally grey hair to black are hair dyes. As far as I know, you can't "reverse" naturally grey hair to its original color. I'm not a hair expert though, so I could be wrong about that. It'd be a fun little topic to read up on. 

@Obsessed52  Nope. Seriously: no eye cream can do it. You could try an argireline serum (like The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL ), since this topical ingredient's said to have effects similar to injectable Botox. But honestly, your best bet is to consult a dermatologist about surgical or other in-office procedures. 

I have hooded eyes, so I understand how frustrating they can be to work with sometimes. Some folks lose partial vision due to the hoods and opt to have procedures done to resolve that. Nothing wrong with having a little work done, if you really want it and can afford it. 🙂 

New to the makeup world

Welcome! Makeup is so much fun!!

Enjoy all the newness @lisalove13 !

Welcome, @lisalove13 !

Welcome ! You’re going to love it! 

Greetings @lisalove13 !  Look out for the new member thread and introduce yourself.

@rosegoldlovely I'm wondering how you like the Makeup by Mario eyeshadow palette.  I purchased the eyeshadow base but haven't used it yet.  How does this palette work for you?

@tjffc I went to my local Sephora store on the last day of the sale to get most of the products. Unfortunately, they didn't have the last 3 items 😓, so I made sure to order when I got home, before midnight . I'm waiting for those other 3 products then I'll post my entire haul on @SportyGirly125's November post. 😃

@tjffc I'm guilty. I haven't purchased it yet.

tenor (9).gif

Screenshot_20201031-144009.png

squeals like a 🐖*

Anything that's pink, is ALWAYS good. Don't even hesitate Miss @danielledanielle🌸.

nod-agree-blush-sailor-moon.gif

Hey guys!🤗

So I have questions about foundations.

Is Rare beauty foundation great?

Is fenty beauty pro filter great?

Is too face born this way foundation great?

I have combo skin, please give me feedback on these products or more products y'all think are good

@Leslievv I have combination skin and use a few different primers depending on how my skin is behaving. Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer - Hydrating 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  and BECCA Cosmetics Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector 

I will say, I bought the Fenty Pro Filter because of all the hype, I really don’t like it as much. It creases pretty frequently and can be cakey. 

I love Fenty pro filter. It gives great coverage without feeling like you have too much on your face. Rare beauty was a no go for me. It felt a little too oily for my combination skin and I did t like the coverage. 

OMG thank you so much! I was thinking of buying rare beauty! You helped me save money and actually support me to get fenty 😭💕

@Leslievv ,I've tried two out of three (Fenty, BTW).  I'm combo as well, used to be just t-zone, but now it's more from dry to oily from forehead to chin 🤷🏽♀️.  Born this way is good, holds up well, but IMO pulls reddish/orange. I used to think I was warm/golden, but I'm one of those tan/olive folks so I feel Fenty is a better color match for me.  The coverage is good.  Kind on the thick side, but I sheer it out with the corresponding primer to get a medium finish.  It also oxidizes when it dries, so when I got color matched it was kind of a challenge to find the best shade vs with Too Faced.  With that said, I still prefer Fenty.

I made my purchase yesterday.  A couple of new to me items and a couple of backups for everyday items.  I'm sure I'll place another order later in the sale; I usually do!  😄

5 Replies
testing