cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Preview 2019: Makeup Gifts Galore

Color_Tarte Swatching Joy.png

REMINDER: Our Holiday Hooray event is back 12/5 - 12/17 (starting 12/4 for Rouge!) and every Beauty Insider member gets a discount! Don’t forget—the higher your tier, the bigger the savings! Check out our FAQs here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Holiday-Hooray-2019-FAQs/m-p/5067728

We had so much fun at the holiday preview event yesterday and are so excited to share all the holiday newness with you. We were also able to test some of these incredible products out and will be sure to share swatches and our opinions on wear and quality. This year's holiday products are absolutely stunning - let's jump in!

20190926_Color_BeautyBlenders_BeautyBlenderCleanser.jpg

20190926_Color_BeautyBlender_Packaging.jpg

BEAUTYBLENDER - The Crown Jewels Blender Essentials

“I have enough beauty blenders,” said no one ever! This eight-piece set of goodies is not only a great value, but it’s also absolutely adorable too. The set includes four blender sponges and four gemstone-shaped cleansers - perfect for that friend of yours who can’t leave the house without their crystals and loves a perfect blend. 

Benefit_Holiday_TinCamper.jpg

BENEFIT COSMETICS - I Brake for Beauty! Value Set

Can we take a minute to admire the cute pink vintage tin camper packaging? It makes this set ready-to-gift and totally reusable to store makeup, brushes, etc. This limited-edition set comes with four products we all know and love: a full-size POREfessional, Hoola Bronzer, Gimme Brow+ in Shade 3 (neutral light brown), and a mini BADgal BANG! Mascara -- aka BrendaBT’s holy grail mascara! 

20190926_Color_Bite_HolidayBalms.jpg

BITE BEAUTY - All Agave 3-Piece Lip Care Set

We know this Community loves the Bite Agave lip balm, and the set includes not one but all three minis: the Agave + Nighttime Lip Therapy, the Agave Lip Mask, and the Agave+Daytime Lip Balm. This set is perfect to show your lips the love they deserve during wintertime and makes a great gift as well. 

Hiiiii!Hiiiii!

Color_KVD_Swatching.png

KAT VON D - Lolita Por Vida Eyeshadow Palette
@darkiceis specifically wanted the scoop on all the holiday palettes, and we’re pleased to report that this KVD palette swatched like a dream! We were SO impressed with this 15 pan palette and love the lolita theme - this famous shade was so widely discussed on this Community back in the day that I had to pick it up! The formula comes in matte, shimmer, and glitter shades which were so fun to play with! This palette is versatile enough for everyday natural, blushy lolita, and smoky nighttime eye looks. Of course, this is a holiday palette so there are three glittery shades in the middle of the palette and they caused a lot of commotion at the event! 

Color_NARS_Product.png

Lip balm of the top and Orgasm blush on the bottom.Lip balm of the top and Orgasm blush on the bottom.

NARS - Softcore Mini Blush + Balm Set

This mini set is perfect for the Nars Orgasm lover on the go! This is a great product to gift or to keep for yourself when you head out of town. Many of us already know and love Orgasm blush and the lip balm is gorgeous as well. This set is great for makeup newbies and pros alike. Tagging @niki172 who wanted to know about the Nars on display at the event!

ND_Metropolis palette 1.jpg

NATASHA DENONA - Metropolis Eyeshadow Palette
Spoiler

20190926_Color_MilkMakeupMVP.jpg

20190926_Color_MilkMakeupMVPProducts.jpg

MILK MAKEUP - MVPs Set

This set of minis includes a Kush Mascara, a high-volume mascara that contains hemp-derived cannabis seed oil. You'll also get the Hydro Grip Primer which is perfect for all skin types and formulated with Blue Agave Extract that grips makeup and seals in moisture. Also inlcuede is the Cooling Water Stick, which helps soothe and depuff the under-eye, the Watermelon Brightening Serum stick, the Glow Oil Lip and Cheek tint, plus a highlighter stick and a matte bronzer! 

20190926_Color_Tarte_WinterWonderglamPalette.jpg

TARTE - Winter Wonderglam Luxe Eye Palette

Oh-My-Glam!!!! This set is truly amazing - @michelleshops and @lnum can attest to that as well. It’s all encased in a stunning gold sequin case and contains a double-sided eyeshadow brush, mini mascara, mini black gel-liner that glides on the lids without zero tugging or pulling, and **drum roll please** 24 eye-shadows! The shadows come in the most beautiful matte, metallic, and glitter-gel topper formulas. Our jaws seriously dropped to the ground with every single color we swatched because of how pigmented and pretty these look when applied. The formula of the matte and metallic pigments contain Amazonian clay, which supports longer wear and makes them extra soft, creamy, and easy to blend. The glitter-gel toppers are perfect to add just the right pop of sparkle to any look! The glitter is also very easy to use -- a little goes a long way!

20190926_Color_Tarte_WinterWonderglamSwatches.jpg

Stunning Tarte Swatches

20190926_Color_YSL_Holiday_Packaging.jpg

20190926_Color_YSL_HolidayLipsticks.jpg

YVES SAINT LAURENT - Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick Mini Set

Is it even holiday season without a good lippie? This YSL set comes in a fab gold and pink star-shaped box containing five mini lippies. It’s YSL, so you know the packaging is elegant and the formula is pigmented and creamy. Best part? The beautiful shades in this set are festive shades that are wearable all year round. 

20190926_Color_YSL_HolidayLipsticks_Swatches.jpg

Beautiful YSL swatches

Re: Holiday Preview 2019: Makeup Gifts Galore

@KatieBT  This looks AMAZING! Thanks for the update on whats to come!

And that NARS - I really really need it in my life 🙂 

I do NOT need another eyeshadow palette. But, I need that new KVD palette... ugh! 

omg, so many great sets!! 

benefit set has all of my favorite products! also, these YSL shades so so universal and will look great with every skin tone.

I wonder if the new beautyblender soap can replace the original one?

So fun to see @KatieBT thanks for showing us! I love holidays in the makeup world! 

@KatieBT The Bite set.  The YSL.  Maybe the Milk set.

Just to start.  Thanks for sharing!

I like the range of shades in the YSL set, it’s a nice variety. I already have 52 in full size, but I’m sure I could happily add that mini to someone’s gift and keep the others! Thanks for the info @KatieBT  !

Thanks for sharing! Loving the look of the mini lippie set!

Thank you @SportyGirly125 ❤️ For sharing 😊.  Ive seen the Zoe kravatz colab and love 2 reds, the UD Naked honey palette ❤️ Hopefully some Xmas gifts lol.  

@KatieBT I can’t wait for the new KVD palette to come out @Luvstravel 

@WinglessOne @2manyperfumes @blackkitty2014 @Sunnysmom look more lipsticks-YSL lippie set. 

Wow so pretty @SportyGirly125 thanks for tag! Looks like such a good set! How’s baby?! 💞

@Sunnysmom Baby is doing great. Thank you 

Oh good @SportyGirly125 . Keep us posted w her cute pics! 💞

Darn you YSL! 😉 Thx for the tag @SportyGirly125 ... Everything looks so good.  Holiday sets always get me 

@SportyGirly125  Thanks for the tag! The YSL set is lovely. My eyes are instantly drawn to numbers 13 and 9. ❤️ 

Also: dang it NARS, can you please release a second holiday version blush shade as an option for those of us who can’t use Orgasm? That shade does not work for everyone (including me), and some of us would LOVE to see a special holiday set for Outlaw. Even if that means you must create a new Outlaw lipstick shade (do it! I’d buy it!) to make a set comparable to your Orgasm sets. Orgasm is very pretty—I’m not knocking that shade in terms of its beauty. I just wish there was a second option for folks who either can’t use Orgasm or are kinda Orgasmed out by now 🤣 considering how many “special” releases of that shade there have been within the last year or 2. 

ANYway... the event looks like it was fun! Thanks @KatieBT  for sharing all the upcoming goodies with us, and congrats to @michelleshops  and @lnum  for being chosen to attend! 

@WinglessOne I hope they come out with more for hildy - this is just the set that had at the event. There's soooo much more holiday product launching but they could only fit so much as this table. 

Also the YSL lippies are FANTASTIC!! I need to stitch my photos together of these shades and show you all how pretty they look on! 

@KatieBT  I’d love to see lip swatches of the YSL set! 😍 

Also, I see that NARS just released 2 more shades of that Softcore mini blush + balm duo, and one of them is Torrid! Hooray! I still wish they’d release an even deeper shade, but Torrid will work for me and the person I plan to gift it to. You’re forgiven, NARS, I still love you. 😄 

@WinglessOne Here are some arm swatches I took at the event, that set is patiently waiting in my cart. 😇

C14A0D23-5F70-47C2-907E-F08F60571CC8.jpeg

Thank you @lnum  for the great swatches! 

My favorite thing about this set is the shade variety. I could buy 2 sets and split them up as individual gifts for folks, since some people love a bold warm red while others prefer a bluer red, a coral, or a soft neutral pink. And mini sizes are great intros to new-to-you formulas (some of my potential gift recipients have never tried a YSL lipstick). Plus, who doesn’t love minis? Crazy people, that’s who. 🤣 I mean yes, I’m also a crazy person who happens to love minis (perfect for travel and so darn cute), but still! 

I seem to be talking myself into buying a couple of these sets. 

@WinglessOne I have the CT set in my cart too. I’m eyeing whatever candle sets come out from Nest next, and one of the replica fragrance minis as a gift. I am obsessed with minis because I travel a lot and honestly, with lipstick collections Iike ours, I never finish lipsticks. I’ve only finished TF Richard in the past year (maybe two) and that’s a mini. 

So true @WinglessOne  I have every product in Orgasm range without buying a single one of them. They have so many other beautiful shades in all products so it’s time they let go of it.

@WinglessOne like 99% of the population, I have orgasm, but I never use it. It’s so over hyped it’s just boring. They need to retire that shade. 

68 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos39
  • 20190926_Color_BeautyBlender_Packaging.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_BeautyBlenders_BeautyBlenderCleanser.jpg
  • Benefit_Holiday_TinCamper.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_Bite_HolidayBalms.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_MilkMakeupMVPProducts.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_MilkMakeupMVP.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_Tarte_WinterWonderglamPalette.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_Tarte_WinterWonderglamSwatches.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_YSL_HolidayLipsticks.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_YSL_Holiday_Packaging.jpg
  • 20190926_Color_YSL_HolidayLipsticks_Swatches.jpg
  • Hiiiii!
  • Color_KVD_Swatching.png
  • Color_NARS_Product.png
  • Lip balm of the top and Orgasm blush on the bottom.
testing