Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Gift for Sister

Trying to gift basic makeup and beauty products to my younger sister who is 14. She has no experience when it comes to makeup. What are good beginners?

Re: Gift for Sister

If she's 14, products to get a basic full face:
1. Brow Pencil (ABH Brow Wiz)

2. Mascara (go drugstore, I like Revlon)

3. Eyeliner (KVD Tattoo felt tip liner)

4. Blush (any neutral or soft pink blush)

5. Blush Brush (so many options for every budget - ecotools, Real Techniques, Sephora Pro, etc)

Optional: tinted moisturizer, lipstick, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow palette + set of brushes

Agreed.  ELF is a great starter.  My personal makeup needs are mascara and lips.  I will not leave my house without mascara and something on my lips.  Also, at 14 she probably doesn't need foundation yet, but would be good with just a BB cream.

@EvaNicoleM  I agree with @SpaceLlama. ELF is great for a beginner. You can also get one of the play boxes available now without a subscription. My niece enjoyed the play boxes for a while as she was figuring out what she liked. 

@EvaNicoleM ELF has some great holiday kits and their makeup is very afforable. I used them when I was starting to use makeup as well. Some of the palettes have helpful guides in them. Colourpop also is affordable and has many great options. You can get her a decent amount of items for her to test out from either website with the sales and gifts with purchase that they offer :

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing