Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

Itโ€™s here, itโ€™s here, the greatest time of year! Which can also be the most stressful. Why? Because gifting is hard! Donโ€™t know what to get for your in-laws, your co-workers, what to snag for a white elephant party? Look no further!

This community is full of advice, expertise and a sincere passion for beauty so we polled our members to create these recommendations for everyone on your list. Big thank you to everyone who participated in the gifting survey, weโ€™re excited to share the results! We hope these lists help you reach out and gift!

We all have that friend who is hard to shop for because they seem to have everything already. Luckily many community members fall into that category so here are their top recommendations for beauty lovers who already own all the basics.The beauty lover who has everything.JPG

1. Sephora Gift Card: This is pretty self-explanatory, you cannot go wrong with gifting if you let them choose!
  2. Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette: The formula is incredible and the luxe, metallic packaging will stand out in even the most impressive beauty collection.
  3. Sephora Favorites Kits: These travel-friendly value sets are offered in hair, makeup and fragrance varieties. 
  4. Guerlain Mรฉtรฉorites: These pearls make for a flawless complexion on any skintone.
  5. Tom Ford Lipsticks: You canโ€™t go wrong with the full-sized Lip Colors and clutch-sized Boys & Girls collection.

On a budget or shopping for stocking stuffers? Check out the community's favorite gifts that are all $25 and under!25 and under.JPG

1. Sephora Favorites Kits: Did we mention that these come in a range of values?! 

2. Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set: This adorable set comes with four mini lipsticks in a festive holiday tin!
  3. Nails Inc. Holler-Graphic Holographic Nail Polish Duo: These long-wear polishes are what your unicorn dreams are made of!
  4. Fresh Pretty in Pink Lip Gift: This set of three tinted lip treatments is great if you want to gift in a trio or split them up for multiple friends.
  5. Drunk Elephant Duos: These adorable duos are great for a newbie to this community-favorite skincare brand!

Are looking for a gift for an acquaintance or someone you just don't know that well? These gifts are sure to please anyone, regardless of their expertise or level of interest in beauty.

Acquaintances.JPG

1. Sephora Collection Masks: Everyone deserves some TLC.
  2. L'occitane Hand Cream Set: Who doesn't need a little hydration at this time of year? 
  3. Nest Candles: Nest candles are the perfect gift for a holiday dinner party or your hard working manager. 
  4. Fresh Lip Sets: Ask around and you'll quickly learn that Fresh lip products are a must for many community members. 
  5. Jo Malone Candles: You're sure to impress with a candle from this community-favorite  brand!

Looking for a gift to give to your trendy, younger sibling? We're here to help you pick out the best gift for a younger beauty lover. The Youths.JPG

1. You cannot got wrong with Fenty Beauty, Rihanna's new makeup line. Two favorite products are the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb and Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick.
  2. Sephora Collection Masks: These masks cover all skincare concerns and make for a great "spa night" gift.
  3. Sephora Collection Brush Sets: These brush sets are affordable for the great quality and you can choose from a range of sets.
  4. ColourPop: This trendy brand offers beautiful eyeshadows, lip gloss and more!  
  5. Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Shadow + Highlighting Palette Set: This set has become a holiday favorite. You get two beautiful eyeshadow palettes and a highlighter palette in one set!

Don't think we forgot about you! The holidays are a busy time of year, don't forget to treat yourself to something you'll love. Treat Yourself.jpg

1. Fenty Beauty Holiday Collection: From innovative liners to a beautiful palette this collection is out-of-this-world beauty #goals. Head here to see the products in action! 
  2. Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palettes: The shades are beautiful, the formula is pigmented and they are easy to work with. 
  3. Advent Calendars: Each day you get a special treat but don't hesitate, these sell out quickly!
  4. Kat Von D Saint + Sinner Saint Eau de Parfum: You decide, will you be a saint or sinner this holiday?
  5. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: The Dyson (yes, like the vacuum) is said to dry six times faster than an average hair dryer. Extra time to sleep in? Yes please!

Honorable Mentions

Do you have any gift ideas we've missed or gifting questions? Comment below! 

Re: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

I think a top 5 new for the holidays list would be really cool too!  What would be your top 5 new products for this holiday season?  

Top 5 Gift Sets?

I think all of these ideas are really great, but how can you limit it to just top 5??  I think it has got to be top 10!  I think some of the Dr. Jart+ sets out this year are amazing and a definite on the "treat yourself" list.  I think any of the Pat McGrath Labs lipsticks would be perfect on "The beauty lover" list.  

RE: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

The drunk elephant sets for sureeee
Anonymous Insider

I will choose gift cards. Because which girl can refuse SEPHORA. I LOVE SEPHORA.

I just learned Jo Malone has candles. This is too perfect 

RE: Re: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

So perfect! ๐Ÿ˜
Anonymous Insider

Test test

Ladies ladies,  okay I want to treat myself. I am dying to know. Who here has used the Guerlain Meteorite Pearls? I am intrigued by them. And the packaging also looks pretty. Spill the goods. Who has used it? Pros/Cons?  Are they illuminating and life changing? ๐ŸŒŸThank you. ๐Ÿ’‹โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž

https://www.sephora.com/product/meteorites-illuminating-powder-pearls-P266308?skuId=1578277&om_mmc=p...

Iโ€™ve used them and they are devine. So worth the splurge to brighten up winter skin to an even lit from within glow. There is no other beauty product like it and you will have it forever if you care for it well keeping it stored properly and clean brushes as directed. Swirl and apply lightly with a good quality fluffy brush. Itโ€™s meant to whisper ever so softly.

@mariastar For me, they're more for nostalgia than anything. 

I prefer other finishing powders, but I actually love the powdery scent and its finish. 

The holiday editions are more glittery than the "regular" ones, so buy accordingly. They're lovely, though... they launched when I was in elementary school, and still seem sort of magical to me! โœจโœจโœจ

I have a holiday edition from a year or two ago. They are...

I have a holiday edition from a year or two ago. They are fun but have fragrance and are more glittery than my go to powders dim and ethereal light from hourglass. They work well enough but it comes down the a matter of preference in finish and fragrance.

I have that Dyson hair dryer on my wish list for nrxt yea...

I have that Dyson hair dryer on my wish list for nrxt year. Great gift ideas ๐ŸŽ

Re: I have that Dyson hair dryer on my wish list for nrxt yea...

@Anewxa

heygirlfriend.gif

Hey girl!   So happy to see you around! We've missed you! โค๏ธ

The Hair Rescue kit has sold out! ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ

The Hair Rescue kit has sold out! ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ

Re: The Hair Rescue kit has sold out! ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ

I loved this last year! So disappointed it didn't come to Canada this year. Maybe next Christmas, Sephora? 

I didn't really get into beauty advent calendars until this year, but these were the best gifts for my friends since we do holidays early in December.

More next year please please please!

Theyโ€™re so fun!!

I love this!  I REALLY like the Sephora Favorites kits and the "$25 and Under" ideas.  

I have purchased so many lip kits on sale this week from the Weekly Wow and Sale Sections and I am IN LOVE! I definitely recommend these as gifts for others that will give options and offer shades and different types of lipstick so they can find what works for them and makes you the best gift giver ever without having to spend and arm and a leg! I definitely recommend the Smashbox Lippie Set, the bareMinerals lip set, and the Bite Liquid lipsticks!

Totally agree!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Acquaintances.JPG
  • The beauty lover who has everything.JPG
  • 25 and under.JPG
  • The Youths.JPG
  • Treat Yourself.jpg
  • heygirlfriend.gif
testing