Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Who else is obsessed with perfumes?

I don't know about anybody else... but perfume is one of those things that I cannot walk away from in the stores! Those pretty little bottles are all just staring back at me screaming, "Come check us out!! You know you want to!". So... I end up browsing around until I find something that suits my taste and pheromones, then it becomes tagged to my forever growing "to buy" list of items. Does anybody else do this?? It is seriously just as bad as having a makeup addiction.

Re: Who else is obsessed with perfumes?

@CocoaBeanz It is definitely as bad as makeup! I also always test on my skin before I buy so I have a  stupid amount of samples. When I add up the cost and compare that to full bottles it's pretty sad lol.

Okay, I thought that it was just me! I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging, and perfume is arguably the most beautifully packaged beauty product in the entire industry. I truly believe that a well-designed perfume bottle is art, and when the perfume inside it smells good, I literally DIE.

At this point, I've probably written down like 12 different perfumes to "buy later" (even though I probably never will). I've written down descriptions for them like "businesswoman perfume" or "clubbing perfume" or "concert perfume" - basically all of these randomly specific occasions that I'll NEVER actually need the perfumes for, but it's just wishful thinking! For the past couple of months, I've just been sticking with my tried-and-true favorites: CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Parfum for my daytime perfume, and Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium for my night-out perfume. 

I'd love to buy all of those perfumes that I've had my eye on, but perfume is one of the most marked-up products in the beauty industry, and I can't justify paying over $1500 for all of those perfumes, especially because they start to lose their scent after 3ish years, and I can't use them all by then! It's nice to dream though! 

@kristenyhan I love your perfume categories!! I definitely think about perfumes in terms of setting. There are perfumes that really lend themselves for wear in certain places! Helpful hint: if you store your perfumes in cool and dark places they should last forever because they're mostly alcohol. I've bought vintages that are decades old and they still smell great 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing