Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Looking for Perfumes that...

...are in the same ball park as scents like Skylar's Vanilla sky(sp?), Not a perfume spray by Juliette has a gun, Clean skin and rain, etc. Price isn't an issue but budget friendly options are always welcome! 

I've noticed I also tend to favor scents with sandalwood, amber, and jasmine so if anyone has scents with those as well I would love to try them! 🙂

Re: Looking for Perfumes that...

Those are some of may favorites too! You'll probably like Floral Street's Arizona Bloom - it's like a salty skin scent with a touch of coconut. You would probably like a bunch of perfumes from the Skylar and Clean Reserve Line if you like Vanilla Sky and Skin & Rain. I would recommend the discovery sets for those, but some of my faves are Clean Reserve Radiant Nectar (has a pear note), Skylar Salt AIr (very fresh). and Skylar Isle Escape (a very refreshing scent with a sandalwood note - smells like a fancy hotel!)

Thank you so much for the recs 😄 

Radiant Nectar is one I surprisingly don't enjoy ON me, but the smell itself it lovely! 

I am definitely going to look into the other Skylar scents, as Isle Escape I recently smelled and really liked it! Salt Air is next on my list and I will definitely look at Floral Street for that hint of coconut 

@Areumi For really clean vibes, try Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ Lazy Sunday Morning. The notes you've identified are not typically used to represent fresh skin and rain unless they're super cleaned up and synthetic. Jasmine in particular is naturally very dirty. So I would be more on the lookout for notes like heliotrope, cashmeran, Iso E Super, linens, soap. These are all notes that give a perfume a soft, skin like, blurry effect.

LUSH has a couple jasmines and a vanilla in that price range that are pretty decent. Lust might be a bit much though, it's a lot. As a note, jasmine can be a lot. For amber, AERIN Amber Musk Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.27 oz/ 8 mL is also similar in price. But I wouldn't say they give fresh vibes!

I definitely don't mind a heavier scent, so thank you for the recommendations! 🙂 I should have mentioned "either or" rather than "and" since the notes are sort of all over the place looking back 😅

Will definitely check out these recs to see if I find a new favorite ^^

@Areumi Oh okay! 🙂 Also, I was being overly dramatic about jasmines!! You can get cleaner jasmines that are not super synthetic, I should have listed a few. My favourite jasmines are both by Serge Lutens, though dreadfully expensive now. A La Nuit is a cleaner wear and is the one I'd recommend for you. TOM FORD Jasmin Rouge Eau de Parfum Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is pretty solid and not dirty. There's also AERIN Ikat Jasmine Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which is well behaved. Sort of like a nice white top. It's cut well but it's not going to draw attention. You could also try for a "jasmine tea" sort of perfume like Bvlgari's Green Tea. You might like the Bvlgari teas overall?

My favourite sandalwood hands down is Mona di Orio's Santal Nabataea. It's worth the price in my opinion. Drop dead gorgeous. I strongly prefer it to Le Labo's Santal 33 though that one has been incredibly popular - so much so that it has launched a thousand dupes like Maison Louis Marie No.04 Bois de Balincourt Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. Diptyque makes a decent one but it is definitely more scratchy and synthetic smelling than the Mona.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing