Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Help with finding female fragrances!!

Ladies, I need help finding some new perfumes. I really enjoy fragrances but have been having a hard time finding some signature scents. 

I usually purchase unisex fragrances since most womens are too floral, and often too sweet. 

Some of my favorites are ‘whispers in the library’ by Maison Marigela, (I also love jazz club). ‘Gentle fluidity’ by Maison Francis and ‘Light blue’ by D&G. 

Any recommendations?

Re: Help with finding female fragrances!!

@Mirriahw I'd highly recommend exploring Comme des Garcons and Diptyque. The Diptyques can be very feminine without being sweet and girly.

YSL Black Opium is one of favorites

I had the best perfume to recommend to you based on your preferences/wants, but the brand unfortunately got discontinued. It was Elizabeth and James (Nirvana Bourbon) and honestly... most of the Nirvana and James line. You can still get it on places like amazon, fragrance.com and other perfume retailers for actually a really nicely discounted price but the downside is you cannot smell them before you buy. They all smell weird out of the bottle and even during a first spray but within a few minutes once it warms to your body they are incredible. I consistently get compliments on these perfumes and they truly all are so unique. Another favorite of mine is Nirvana Amethyst from that line which you can get a full size bottle from Fragrance.com for less than $30 which is a steal (due to it now being a discontinued brand). Also, Amazon has a rollerball of Nirvana Bourbon that's a great price.

@https://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-James-Nirvana-Bourbon-Rollerball/dp/B072FMWDBM/ref=sr_1_6?crid=26Q6AW2NIR5H...

@https://www.fragrancenet.com/perfume/elizabeth-and-james/nirvana-amethyst/eau-de-parfum#314253

If you're not willing to take the plunge on having to buy before you try that's understandable. LUSH Cosmetics always has very funky and unique unisex fragrances around. Next time you are at an area with a LUSH I would recommend popping in and trying out the fragrances. They are super strong and long lasting in my experience but some people just don't jive with them due to how many unisex option they have which is why I think you could find something you like there potentially. My favorites are (in no particular order): Karma, Rose Jam (super feminine/sweet/florally), Dirty (more on the masculine side, but divine) and Relentless. Hope this leads you in the right direction 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing