Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

HUGE PRICE INCREASES

Trying to understand the constant price increases! It's starting to make more sense to shop elsewhere...brand websites, shoppers etc. A $6.00 increase on Ellis Brooklyn 50ml fragrances is absolutely insane. From $148 Canadian to $154 Canadian. Everyone should share price increases when they notice them. When your customers have wish lists or are shopping certain products on a regular basis, it's very noticeable. I for one have shopped less and less at Sephora and that trend will continue. The greed is wild. 

Re: HUGE PRICE INCREASES

Am I crazy or did KILIAN Paris Born to be Unforgettable Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz / 10 ml eau de parfum spray go up $2 in the couple of weeks it’s been on the market? Maybe I’m seeing things but I could’ve sworn the travel size was $35 when it was first released 

I don’t doubt it. The large bottle of Killian was around $140/$150 and now it’s $195. That’s ridiculous. I think Sephora and/or the brands jack up their prices before the annual sale. Also makeup forever foundation went from $144 to 164. These are both 30+% increase! Fkn BS!

YSL Black Opium Illicit Green (which is no longer available😢) went up significantly before one of the sales a while ago. it had been about $150, and, when I last saw it (during the last 20% off fragrance event), it was $179.50 (and had been the same during the Beauty Insider sale before it). unless you’re Rouge, you would literally be paying more for it (and 20% off is still only a couple of dollars less than the regular price). plus, you can’t redeem an offer and a sale code at the same time anymore, so there’s very little incentive, if any.

Honestly, I found that increase so insulting that now, even if it’s the same price, I only buy fragrances (and a lot of my makeup and skincare) from Sephora that I either can’t buy (or get for free using points during a redemption event) at Shoppers, or from the brand’s website directly (which will usually have some sort of welcome discount or a meaningful gift with purchase, not just a single item) if they don’t ship to Canada/the shipping fee is too much. 

Yeah at this point the sales just take off inflation if you’re lucky 

IMG_9509.jpeg

IMG_9510.png

IMG_9499.png

IMG_9498.png

This is really infuriating. I bought the Patrick Ta duo blush on Friday 2/16/24 for $36. Tell me why today I looked and it’s not $54????!!!!! What the actual f… an $18 increase? For what? Why? Sephora explain bc on the Patrick Ta website it’s not $54. Same with the summer Fridays lip balm, from $24 to $32.50.

@pbochenek1 @You must have sign on to Canadian as that is the diff between US and Canadian prices

Omg I'm glad you said something, I will definitely be paying more attention to their prices. Thank you!!

@ziddyzog @OlfactoryObsess I have noticed increases here too. Some have actually gone up $18 for one ounce in two years. I'm not sure why everything is increasing so much. I feel like companies used covid as an excuse to raise prices. I don't blame it on Sephora but the manufacturers. Also the discount fragrance sites aren't always legit. I'm sure some are but that's the chance you take. I've bought/buy cosmetics and skincare etc from local discount stores that operate nationwide and their products are not always on par with what Sephora, Ulta and department stores are selling of the same item.

Kayali fragrances just went up majorly too. A full bottle has gone from $125 to $138 usd. More brands will probably follow suit in the new year. It really doesn’t seem worth purchasing from Sephora anymore when there are several fragrance discount sites out there.

I noticed this too with some minis in my cart that went up in price over the New Year! But they also increased on the Huda beauty site so I’m going to guess the brand itself it’s having a price increase. I love their little adorable minis as a tester to see if I love a fragrance but a $5 increase on the mini is pretty significant! 

I love their 10ml minis too. Kayali bottles are so pretty. I purchased the 10ml sparkling lychee at $36 when it first came out….a few weeks ago. An increase to $44 is a perfect example of price gouging. Especially when it’s $35 on the kayali website. 

@Nattyhil Same! I had been eyeing a mini of the new lychee scent as well as a full size of eden juicy apple but I can’t justify paying $18 dollars more than it was a week ago. I’m taking this as a sign that I need to go on a bit of a buying hiatus and enjoy the perfumes already in my collection.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 36 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos4
  • IMG_9509.jpeg
  • IMG_9510.png
  • IMG_9499.png
  • IMG_9498.png
testing