Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

There are a couple scents I like but I’ll name the ones from Sephora, most definitely the cheroisa 62 parfum I think it’s called and the 62 scent. 71 is fine but it kinda smells like popcorn.

Intersting smell

Sol de Janeiro Sol Ultimate Icons Set 

@tacgj I like them both and for body sprays they really last on me. I haven't found any of the othe SDJ scents quite as appealing as these two.

IMG_3732.jpeg

 I’ve never had any fragrances other than samples and sol de Janeiro😅😅😅 I was gifted this for Christmas by a friend I found a new favorite!❤️❤️

Versace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette 

@happyskincare Congrats! Bright Crystal is such an amazing scent!

Congratulations, @happyskincare ! 🥳  I'm so happyfor you! 💖💖💖

Thank you so much @Titian06 ❤️❤️❤️

can someone help me find a kayla ali vanilla 28 dupe? i love it so much but it is so pricey 🥰🥰

Le Monde Gourmand Ambre Etoile! It needs to macerate a bit (like Kayali 28), but it’s comparable at a reasonable price!

@brooklynnnn2000 Sephora Favorites Vanilla Perfume Discovery Set might be worth looking into.  Also, check out fragrantica.

I am a fan of Killian Angles Share and Princess and was hoping to get a sample of the latest Black Phantom, when I was told they are no longer doing “carry away” samples😱 Anyone who wears fragrance knows, you can’t purchase a whole bottle before finding out how it melds with your personal chemistry 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m so saddened by this decision!! 

@im2gd24gt Maybe try the Kilian website? If I remember correctly, you should like deep coffee scents for this one. 

@im2gd24gt That's a huge disappointment! I'd keep an eye out on the sites that sale samplers for one to come out.

@QueenMarceline i couldn’t remember the original post where we were talking about le monde gourmand but i hit up my local winners today to see if miel Bebe was still there… unfortunately it wasn’t BUT got my hands on some other promising scents!

I picked up Le Monde Gourmand Fleur de Monoi and Ambre Etoile. Fleur is a really beautiful floral that isn’t tooo floral. Almost like a tropical gardenia if that makes sense? I really like it. Ambre Etoile was already darker in the bottle, so I have hope for it. It’s supposed to be in the same vein as KAYALI VANILLA | 28 , so I’ll do a comparison of the 2 and let you know. So far, I don’t think so but I tried so many today that at this point I don’t trust my injtkal

assessmemt 😅

I also picked up two perfume oils by Sand+Fog - Vanilla Musk and Jasmine and Cedarwood. I’m stjlll trying to decide if vanilla musk is a little too “candle-y”, although I do think it’ll layer beautifully and I like oils for that purpose. It’s a little more edible than Ambre Etoile in a first impression. jasmine and cedar wood is surprisingly really nice. Something about it reminds me of Burberry Her, without being identical. If you like that vibe, you might like it too!

@cianni Awww bummer about the Miel Bebe but YAY about finding the other scents. 😍 They both sound promising. Also, funny timing because my Creme Brulee just came in today! I tried it out very briefly (a spritz before I headed to Whole Foods, lol) but so far I'm really liking it! ❤️ I think it would be a fantastic layering fragrance as well. 

I think out of the two you described Fleur de Monoi sounds like it would be a bit more up my alley, amber fragrances are very hit/miss with my body chemistry unfortunately so oftentimes I'm very hesitant to give them a true go. I actually haven't tried Sand+Fog yet but I have heard good thing about their products but I do enjoy Burberry HER (and most Burberry scents tbh, even the classic 90's ones hahaha!) I definitely think the jasmine/cedarwood sounds beautiful but I'm also a sucker for jasmine... ❤️

Super excited to do a full wear test of Creme Brulee and review sometime soon + to hear about your new finds as well (and the comparison with KAYALI) 🤗

@QueenMarceline I tested a few out over the last few days! Ambre Etoile is very much like Kayali 28 vibes. My bottle is quite dark, so I think that has to do with it (I’ve been seeing people say that the darker their Vanilla 28 got, the better it was). 

you will LOVE the jasmine and sandalwood. I couldn’t stop catching whiffs of it throughout the day, and can see myself wearing it often.

i ended up returning Vanilla Musk. I wasn’t a huge fan of how it dried down on me (a little too musky and the vanilla notes felt very synthetic as time went on), but it could just be my skin chemistry. It did last a very long time though!

I tried Le Monde Gourmand Pine Parfait and Pumpkin Epicee. Pine Parfait is a little greener, so I was unsure at first, but there is a beautiful caramel note that is mainly what I notice, so I’m kinda liking it! I’ll have to think about whether or not I needit. Same with Pumpkin Epicee. I don’t get a lot of pumpkin after the initial spray, just pumpkin spices. Doesn’t have the best longevity on its own, but I can see it layering nicely to add a slightly more complex, spicier element to other gourmands. Still on the fence about if I need it, but there was a hair mist version on clearance for $11 for 100ml, and I don’t know if I can pass up a price like that!

@cianni Definitely good to return, especially if you already know it won't mesh well with you skin. I have a couple perfumes currently in my collection that I loved in the bottle but smell terrible with my skin chemistry which I either didn't test fast enough or convinced myself I could "layer" it with something else orrrrr that it somehow would magically stop stinking on me? The delulu was real. 🤣 

I think I'm going to declutter these for the annual friend/family cosmetic grab bag 2023 (I think I'm starting to realize I'm ridiculous... 😂)

Both the Pine Parfait and Pumpkin Epicee sound very nice, it's kind of like the Pistachio Brulee once it settles its a very subtle pistachio left but it somehow blends out so well. And the hair mist for $11 is a snag, you might not need it butttt it's definitely worth the bang for your buck.

@QueenMarceline Right there with you on the ridiculous hahaha, I’m definitely going to have to prioritize some fragrance in my pan project for 2024… we’ll see how that goes! I finished 3 this year (one 30ml and two 10ml I believe), but I’m not sure if I have any other FS that are remotely close to being able to be panned unless I use them everyday… which I know I won’t haha I have too much selection!

@cianni Ooof, I'll have to check by end of year how many I used. I have one 3.4 fl oz that I'm really trying to get through before end of 2023. 🤞 Not sure how possible that'll be, but I'm really trying haha! My issue is also too much selection, definitely won't be rebuying this scent in a full size ever again because it's genuinely been a hassle...

@QueenMarceline ughhhh made that mistake with a Derek Lam Crosby fragrance… loved the sample, then found a 175ml bottle at winners for $39.99. Picked it up because I thought it was fate. I’ve been trying to use it as much as possible layered in the spring and summer since then just to use it up, and it’s STILL kicking 6 years later 😩 it’s on my pan plan for 2024, but if I don’t finish it finally this year I’m just going to declutter 

4,247 Replies
testing