Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Best Vanilla-heavy Perfume?

Floral perfumes hurt my eyes. I do best with vanilla scented. Any suggestions for a vanilla heavy perfume with little to no floral elements? Thanks!

My absolute favorite is Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée for its warmth and simplicity.

my fav is amarige by givenchy. it smells like heaven. maybe you need eau de toilettes not parfumes? or vise versa has anyone ever worn vanilla extract hhhhhh

Re: Best Vanilla-heavy Perfume?

Has anyone happened to try this one?

https://www.sephora.com/product/vanilla-woods-eau-de-parfum-rollerball-P428714?icid2=you%20may%20als...

The description says it's made with vanilla essential oil.

This is a great choice

RE: Best Vanilla-heavy Perfume?

Please don’t move forward without checking out Van Cleefe and Arpel’s Orchidee Vanille. It’s the most intoxicating comfort vanilla I’ve ever smelled. It’s linear, so when you spray it on, it’ll smell like that until the next day. But it doesn’t go sharp like some other vanillas. It’s comparable to Guerlain’s Cuir Beluga, another one I love, but CB is powdery whereas OV is like an extract.

@Pennyprz I LOVE a great vanilla scent! My favorite vanilla-scented spray is Pinrose's Secret Genius Shimmer Mist! It has a heavenly vanilla scent and it has a nice shimmer so you can smear it all over your body and not only smell great, but you'll shine, too! 😉

https://www.sephora.com/product/secret-genius-shimmer-mist-P428263?skuId=2038636&icid2=products%20gr...

Hi Pennyprz,

L’Atelier de Givenchy Ambre Tigré would be absolutely perfect for you. No florals, just a gorgeous gourmand vanilla and resinous amber fragrance.

375x500.24592.jpg 

Thanks! I don't see this one on Sephora.

My all time favourite vanilla is Mona di Orio's Vanille ❤️ It's not very floral.

I took a chance on this fragrance, as it was reasonably priced, and it really does smell like vanilla.  I left a napkinthat had been sprayed with it out in the open for a couple of days, and it smelled exactly like vanilla beans! Vanille Eau de Toilette by L'Aromarine.

Vanille Eau de Toilette 1.6 oz by L'Aromarine

@Ispend2much6  I saw this perfume in Anthropologie, but they didn't have a tester for this.  I wasn't fond of the other fragrances that were testable in the store, except for maybe the lavender honey (I believe that's what it is).  Please give a review on this when you can, I'm interested to hear!

@modernwarpaint  I'm not too into fragrances, but like I said in my post, after a couple of days of the scent sprayed on a paper towel and left in the open, I was looking around and wondering if I'd left a vanilla bean on the floor somewhere while baking!  It didn't smell that way at first, although it is a pretty simple scent.  Vanilla, most of all, and maybe a tiny bit of amber and/or sugar?  It's not 100% vanilla.

@Ispend2much6 Thank you for your thoughts!  I’m going back to Anthro tomorrow; hopefully they’ll have a tester.  For $18 it’s a darn good price!  They also have a smaller version that $10, so I may just pick it up to try.  😊

@modernwarpaint  You're welcome.  $10 is too good of a deal to pass up.  I have the mini size also, and it's pretty large for a mini. 

I second Sud Pacifique Vanille Extreme and also suggest LAVNILA Pure Vanilla

The Body Shop has a vanilla fragrance that is basically just vanilla -- it's quite lovely.

I'd also suggest Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Vanille Extreme, the notes are Vanilla Sugar, Heliotrope, Vanilla Absolute, Milk. No floral but very vanilla-y and creamy 🙂

@Pennyprz  I am loving Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT - it starts off with an elemi citrus opening, and it evolves into a dry, spicy vanilla, almost exotic with the cardamom and saffron.  As it dries down, the Ceylon black tea is apparent on me, and then it becomes a creamy vanilla chai-esque tea.  It's a lighter and airy vanilla, nothing too heavy, so it may not be what you're in search of.  Like @ElleElleG said, Atelier Vanilla Insensee is a good option.  I've never tried Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, but I hear that it's sweeter, more gourmand than the aforementioned - some consider it to be the quintessential vanilla fragrance.  Byredo Gypsy Water also has vanilla elements, but it's balanced by juniper and lemony citrus. 

Are you looking for a gourmand vanilla?  Bakery-like vanilla?  Or something more dry? 

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 375x500.24592.jpg
testing