Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

The INKEY List Pop-Up / Meet & Greet

On Saturday, June 15, I attended the exclusive INKEY List Pop-Up and Meet & Greet with brand co-founders Colette and Mark.  Upon walking in, I was deeply impressed by how innovative the space was - considering that The INKEY List keeps its products minimalist, this pop-up surely went above and beyond in providing a wonderful immersive brand experience.  

The Meet & Greet began with co-founder Colette giving us a deep dive into the various unique ingredients that The INKEY List incorporates into its products.  These ingredients include turmeric, snow mushroom, and bakuchiol.  The latter caught my attention, as I learned that it is a natural alternative to retinol that could be used AM and PM.  After testing the product, I'm excited to purchase it when it launches in mid-July.  

Another interesting point I learned during this session was how The INKEY List is able to provide such high-quality skincare products at low prices, as no product in the skincare line exceeds 15 dollars.  The answer was quite simple: they go higher up the supply chain to acquire the key ingredients at a lower cost, and then sell the finished product in simple yet effective, cost-efficient packaging.  This way, the savings get passed onto the customer.  The friendly price point is certainly a welcome addition to Sephora, as there isn't another brand in store that can match The INKEY List's $15-or-less promise.    

After the learning session, we were brought to the cash grab machine, as an NYC pop-up is nothing without a fun opportunity to win some free swag.  Two lucky gals won a year's supply of products, while I was happy to win some INKEY List branded swag.  (I was also gifted a skincare product of my choosing at the Sephora location nearby - I chose the glycolic acid.)  

The final part of my pop-up experience was a personalized skincare consultation.  This part was what I appreciated the most, as it showed just how dedicated the brand is in educating customers how to properly use its products.  One of the skincare consultants and co-founder Mark spent a good half hour answering all of our questions and custom tailoring a skincare routine to our concerns.  After learning the science behind every ingredient, I felt like Walter White without the cancer!  Yeah science!  

A huge thank you to Sephora for selecting me to attend such an enjoyable yet informative event.  The INKEY List pop-up is open through Sunday, June 16 at 579 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 - stop by if you can!

Re: The INKEY List Pop-Up / Meet & Greet

Wow, thank you for sharing this! So amazing to hear such positive feedback, so glad you had fun and learnt a bit too 😉 (Move over Heisenburg!). Yes Bakuchiol is such an exciting product! Please do keep in touch as we would love to know how you get on with your recipe. Best, Team Inkey x

@clairedabear  Thanks for sharing the photos  - I am glad you had a good time! 

Thank you so much for such an amazing post, @clairedabear!! I feel like I was there. 🙂 Definitely intrigued by bakuchiol as a retinol alternative. "Yeah science" indeed!! Thanks for including your photos as well. So glad you enjoyed the event~ Heart 

Thank you for sharing your experience @clairedabear!

Thank you, @clairedabear , for sharing your experience attending this event!  I have several Inky items on my Loves list.  I've not heard of bakuchiol; now I'm curious since I'm unable to use retinol.

Sounds like they put on a great event! I hope we get this brand in Canada also! 

Great photos @clairedabear 

@clairedabear Thanks for sharing this experience, and congrats on your great swag bag! 

@clairedabear what a cool and fun event. Thank you for sharing. 

Those little pins are SO cute @clairedabear! Glad you got to enjoy this event, they represented the brand's aesthetic perfectly. 

@clairedabear Thanks for posting!  I'm excited this brand came to Sephora.

The more I read about this event and the more pictures I see, the more excited I get about trying their products! Thank you for sharing your experience @clairedabear , it seemed to be very informative and fun 🙂 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos8
testing