Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events

Opinions Wanted: Community Events

mirmir_138088-X3.jpg

(Hi @malday@michelleshops@TopazBeth,  @Gwenhwyfar@jemly and @candacebt!) 

Happy Friday BIC!

Hopefully by now you’ve seen some of your friends in the community have been attending events IRL and (finally!) meeting in person. First, we had our launch party at Sephora’s Hollywood and Highland store over the summer, we had two palettes parties in March and now we have two more skincare classes coming up. (Pssssst!! Spots are still available in NYC next weekend!)

We’re interested in hearing your thoughts on what types of events you’d like to see and where. Would you be more interested in an issue-based event for something like oily skin? Would you like to do an like an in-person sample swap?

The possibilities are endless and we want to hangout with you so please share your ideas in the comments!

Tags:

Re: Opinions Wanted: Community Events

Rouge-only events seemed quite sparse this year in comparision to last year.  At that there seems to be little to no notification of an upcoming event.  Classes also were non-existent or sparse at best.  I'd like to see the classes come back at the local stores as well as more store events. 

@KatieBT,just read the original post and it would be great to have a Sample Swapping party!! We gather all the samples we have and bring it to the event. 

In a thread, we could list the Brands/Sample type(fragrance, makeup, skincare) we have for samples and then play some games to get the samples of the brands we like at the event.:)

Or get into little groups and do secret santa type drawings to swap samples out with each other? Or something with musical chairs?? I know it's kinda vague but swapping samples sounds fun! I have at least like 6 samples I haven't used!

Down here in the heat repping Dallas / DFW 😎 Northpark mall has a killer Sephora that looks very high volume and is large enough for a nice sized event. Dallas has a huge ~influencer~ population and, I imagine, a large Rouge one, too. 

I second DFW! Though I would prefer it if you came to FunkyTown (Fort Worth 😉 ) Heart

Since we're getting more specific about event types and there are a lot of PacNW votes, I think it would be best if a Vancouver/Seattle event was planned as a brand event and/or a special community and Rouge get-together.

In this area we're lucky to have a few stores with amazing edu coordinators (bonus props to Savannah in DT Seattle, and Mia who just left Belle Square for her dream job at MM/Caesar's in Vegas). So we have a steady flow of smoky eye classes, no-makeup makeup, hl and contour, lashes, Fenty foundation, perfect lip, etc. They're great but to get the most bang for your turnout buck here, something that's not part of the existing Sephora class set would be better.

Makeup, skincare, etc. would be better than a hair event imo, though. I wear a pixie cut and styling events aren't very inclusive/welcoming if you have short hair.

I would love an event in Boca Raton or Fort Lauderdale , FL.

By the way do we have any information about the Rouge Fall Preview Event? Last year it was in August IIRC.

Any info? @KatieBT

Denver!  We had a Bumble & Bumble VIB 750-pt event many years ago (3+) at Grand Salon in Denver and it was a really nice event! Would love to have an event here! 🙂

Boston?  Pretty please?

I know it's so specific, but a Drunk Elephant event in Vancouver, Canada would make me the happiest clam in all the seas and lands!

I know we just started classes on the West Coast of BC, but I would love for you to bring the smoky eye (both in a neutral and dramatic) here. I would also love to see an 'all about lips' class, because I always feel like mine can flake and I get little debris of colour or that they bleed.

Bumping this thread 🙂 

Please please let us know which city/ area/ store you'd visit for events. I want to keep tracking this so please don't be shy! 

@KatieBT I know we are spoiled with events in So cal, but the Sephora Tustin or Sephora in Cerritos would be close for events. 

Somewhere thats not too deep in LA , lol  🙂

RE: Re: Opinions Wanted: Community Events

I’d love something at the Short Hills mall in NJ, but doubt that’s possible 😂 I can make the hike to NYC or if I really loved the brand I’d be willing to do D.C. if during the weekend! ❤️

@KatieBTI would love to see some more Los Angeles events such as in the Century City Sephora, Westfield Topanga Sephora, Hollywood Sephora or even the Sherman Oaks Sephora.

I don't want to be greedy since we get a good variety of classes already, but if you're just gauging where there's interest...Walnut Creek, CA is my preferred store.

I love that this store just added dry styling by Dry Bar!  I've been wishing for some how-to classes using different hair tools, including Dry Bar branded tools, for a while.  Maybe having the Dry Bar stylists doing dry styling in store can lead to a how-to class?  The tools are pricey and I want to make sure that I will be able to recreate the look at home!

@angeliquec would you be willing to travel for the right event? Nothing crazy but maybe SF or other Bay Area locations? We are thinking more Community or brand-focused events which would be separate from classes. 

That's very cool to hear about Drybar... I need to visit the Walnut Creek location and check out the Drybar setup. I'm long overdue for an East Bay visit 🙂  Thanks for your feedback I'll pass it along to the appropriate team, 

I'd absolutely be willing to attend an event in SF or elsewhere in the Bay, depending on the event, when the event is being held and how much notice is given for the event to make arrangements with work, etc. I had considered attending the most recent community meet-up in SF, but ultimately couldn't get to the city in time on a work day.

A Seattle event would be a doable trip for me, I love visiting there. ❤️

@KatieBT Ohh thank you for posting this question! I would love to see Sephora come to the DC area for an event. I know a few people that would love to see this happen! @ElleElleG  @itscarin  @liv545 ❤️

I super agree! I’d totally come to it!

@KatieBT I would definitely come out for something in DC.  I'm even down for NYC, but it has to be good for a 4 hour hike!  My favorite sephora events are the ones that involve bubbly and photo booths. 

The Panorama pop up was a great idea.  Doing more hair-based things is smart because there's a little bit less subjectivity to it.  There's no color matching and you don't have to disinfect products since all the products come out of the can/tube/jar. 

I think we're all a little trepidatious when it comes to putting lip colors on.  A tube of lipstick can be disinfected.  A liquid lipstick can't.  There's also the health code policy about putting eyeliner on your waterline, and if you're not putting eyeliner on your waterline, what are you really doing with your life?!

I think hair ideas are much better, or anything that requires minimal disinfection: e.g. eyebrows; bronzer; concealer; highlight; contour.

If you were going to do makeup classes/applications I would prefer to see them focused on a very particular look.  For example, "no make up makeup" is too general for me.  I would rather see something on "full coverage foundation" or "how to make kat von d lock it in foundation work" (because that stuff looks horrible when I've tried it).  I would be interested in something like "flapper make up" or "1980s eye shadow" or "overdrawing your lips".  

It really depends on who your demographic is.  If you want to reach out to the general population, especially the DC area crowd which tends to be more conservative/professional, then something like "no makeup makeup" will work.  If you want to reach out to the people who spend way too much time on social media following trends then you need to do something more specialized/advanced.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • mirmir_138088-X3.jpg
  • SillyShowyJumpingbean
testing