cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Opinions Wanted: Community Events

mirmir_138088-X3.jpg

(Hi @malday@michelleshops@TopazBeth,  @Gwenhwyfar@jemly and @candacebt!) 

Happy Friday BIC!

Hopefully by now youโ€™ve seen some of your friends in the community have been attending events IRL and (finally!) meeting in person. First, we had our launch party at Sephoraโ€™s Hollywood and Highland store over the summer, we had two palettes parties in March and now we have two more skincare classes coming up. (Pssssst!! Spots are still available in NYC next weekend!)

Weโ€™re interested in hearing your thoughts on what types of events youโ€™d like to see and where. Would you be more interested in an issue-based event for something like oily skin? Would you like to do an like an in-person sample swap?

The possibilities are endless and we want to hangout with you so please share your ideas in the comments!

Tags:

Re: Opinions Wanted: Community Events

@KatieBT I did not want to look a gift horse in the mouth because a TON of work went into the Universal Citywalk event but the setup for the class was so strange. I had no idea until the afternoon of, that the class was going to be outside and the pros would be teaching on stage and we were just going to watch (no participating). I was really looking forward to getting to ๐Ÿค—TAKE A CLASS๐Ÿค— with a Sephora pro artists and this wasnโ€™t quite that. And you couldnโ€™t even watch on the big monitor because itโ€™s positioned outside the seating area. So the whole thing was set up oddly. Iโ€™m glad I went through because the artists were absolute dolls and I took some notes (and as I mentioned in another thread, I got to sit next to Jeffreyโ€™s mom and she was a hoot and made the night so fun for me). But I donโ€™t know if that was the best place for a class setting. It certainly wasnโ€™t what I was expecting. The sound was also quite bad on some people. So, just some stuff to consider!

But the store is gorgeous and they did a wonderful job getting ready for the evening. I went over to browse before the event and they staff were soooo nice. It was a pleasure being there. If parking wasnโ€™t a nightmare Iโ€™d be stopping by on my way home from work constantly. A fun, well-lit, well-kept, store. Loved it. 

And PS - now that Calabasas has a bit of notoriety, can we have one of these events there? Thatโ€™s my homebase store and I want my BIC babes to come to me! ๐Ÿ˜˜

RE: Opinions Wanted: Community Events

I love this idea and Iโ€™m so glad to see it becoming a success. With that said, I think itโ€™s time to roll out the red carpet to a lot more cities! I see a huge growth opportunity for places like Chicago, Texas, Seattle, Florida, Denver, and Canadian cities Like Vancouver, Toronto, or Ottawa. If I had an event near me- Iโ€™d be there faster than Flash shipping!

Re: RE: Opinions Wanted: Community Events

@TheMonsterBunny where would you travel to? Hoping for everyone to share their cities so we know where youโ€™re located and can plan accordingly!

Re: RE: Opinions Wanted: Community Events

@KatieBT I live in St. Louis! 

I'd travel to Chicago, Memphis, Nashville Indianapolis, or Kansas City.

That would be so much fun!

TORONTO Any type of community event at any of the Toronto locations will be great!

The Play! date last month at the Bellevue Square location turned out to be great space-wise, so I would definitely make the trip for any event there. That store is enormous! I know we have a lot of brand reps in the area too.

I've gone to most of the different Sephora classes at least once... I would love love love a palette party up here! I also think a product launch party could be fun if there was a MUA or Sephora PRO artist doing a full demo/Q&A. I would definitely go to an event that would teach me to take better selfies, too ๐Ÿคณโœจ

Wow fabulous ideas folks! I would love to see that go down in TORONTO, ON, CA at EATON CENTER, NORTH YORK, as well as in the east and west end. I know a ton of people who would go

@KatieBT I was thinking about this, and I have a few ideas. 

First, I know Sephora would likely want to host events in major cities.  This makes sense b/c logically more BICers could attend.  But wouldn't it be fun to have a sweepstakes whereby a couple of BICers could win travel expenses to attend events?

Second, I'd love to see some hair care events.  For example, it would be amazing if Jen Atkins from Ouai held a session teaching us how to best use her products -- and then gave a few lucky BICers complimentary haircuts.  I'd also like to see Lorraine Massey of DevaCurl or one of her brand reps.  I know a lot of girls are struggling on how to style their curly hair and would benefit from a course from DevaCurl.

Third, I'd like to see a course on how to achieve what I call the "afternoon" eye.  I am familiar with daytime eye shadow looks (often minimalistic), and evening eye shadow looks (often dramatic).  What I'd like to learn more about it is something in between, which I've dubbed the "afternoon" eye!

Fourth, it might be fun to hold a beauty drive for BICers to donate new/unused beauty items to those in need.  To draw people in, Sephora could offer a discount to those who participate.  It could be based on number of items, or total ounces donated, or MSRP, etc.  

Please do something in Atlanta!!!!

RE: Opinions Wanted: Community Events

Iโ€™m voting for DC. The F Street store just celebrated its anniversary. It would be wonderful to organize Rouge exclusive parties at that location. You will get a very diverse crowd with people from the World Bank, various embassies, and international corporations.

Please do something in Chicago. I think there would be a great turnout for any event here.

I'd like anything even remotely close to where I live. SLC or Boise are the nearest cities to me.

I would love a BIC meet up in Boca Raton or West Palm Beach. I would even drive to Miami!!!!! I would love a special event for BIC members- maybe new product release or a meet up with @KatieBT or anyone else from the team behind BIC. The summer event looked like so much fun I would love to attend something similar in my area๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

Btw love the photo (and still missing @candacebt) ๐Ÿ˜˜

Calgary Alberta ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ We have four Sephora locations all within a 30 minute drive (Any other BIC Babes in the YYC area?!?). I would totally attend! I would seriously be down for almost anything ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@Llgc 

@bakeamuffin Haiii! I'm excited we have an event coming up yayayay! 

The DMV! There are a ton of stores to choose from and quite a few of us are in the immediate area with several more only a couple hours away.  

I would like anything in Atlanta.

Alabama will never ever win a spot if locations are going to be limited, but I'll go ahead and toss it out there anyways. Perhaps there's a huge 'bama base here that I didn't know existed ๐Ÿ˜„

Palette parties, early access to new items, and anything BIC commmunity-related appeals most to me. I would still like to meet my fellow BIC'ers in the bay area so we can bond in real life! I would also like to see more events done on Sundays as most people are off on Sundays.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • mirmir_138088-X3.jpg
  • SillyShowyJumpingbean
testing