cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

LA Store Opening Celebration + Thank You Team BIC

Hey All,

I was very fortunate to have been selected by the BIC Team to attend the grand opening of the new Sephora at The Grove in West Hollywood. Huge thank you to Team BIC for putting this together and for letting me be part of it. This time of year is a bit of a difficult time for my family and me, and due to a pretty big move this is the first time I'll be spending the holiday solo. Needless to say I soaked this opportunity up!

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-12-29.jpg

Before the store officially opened we were treated to an application demonstration and pointers by Jeffrey and Myiesha. It was great to see them outside of an official event and to interact with them more casually.

My biggest takeaways:

• Identify your signature (eyes, bold lip, brows, etc.) and play to it. Everything else, including jewelry, is an accent that does not take away from the signature area.
  • The base of your makeup is like undergarments or shape wear, crafting this well sets the tone for your entire outfit.
  • Wear a cream base to help your shadows pop AND to help them show up on film (see Myeisha's video where she creates a blue eye look for more).
  • Use foundation sticks to contour, the creaminess of the product helps it blend more seamlessly.

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-13-33.jpg

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-17-04.jpg

I have to admit, seeing the cream contour (Hourglass foundation stick) just sit on the skin made me nervous.I have to admit, seeing the cream contour (Hourglass foundation stick) just sit on the skin made me nervous.

But of course Jeffery knows what he's doingBut of course Jeffery knows what he's doing

YassssYassss

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-40-17.jpg

Afterwards we explored the store further by venturing up to a special addition to this particular location: Orange Twist. They offer a variety of skin and body treatments, including hydrafacials, coolscultping, skin tightening, and fillers. The staff was super sweet and the store manager did a great job explaining the various services available.

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-39-09.jpg

20191123_161732.jpg

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-20-43.jpg

Goody bag from Orange TwistGoody bag from Orange Twist

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-39-50.jpg

Part of the grand opening included a pop-up /interactive area in the courtyard area of The Grove. This included a large coloring area, Connect 4, a cotton candy section, and a photo/video area. Those who recorded a 10 second holiday video received tickets to spin a wheel outside the Sephora store for the chance to win a gift card.

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-37-00.jpg

Guess who won the Connect 4 GameGuess who won the Connect 4 Game

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-37-36.jpg

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-38-07.jpg

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-45-59.jpg

Gift from the Sephora at The Grove TeamGift from the Sephora at The Grove Team

After spinning the wheel and some additional shopping, Carol and Katie treated us to lunch at CatchLA. Highly recommend checking them out: the decor /aesthetic is super cute and the food was absolutely delicious 😋.

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-36-23.jpg

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-36-46.jpg

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-35-41.jpg

This was divine!This was divine!

Vegan Cheesecake, also delish!Vegan Cheesecake, also delish!

WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-35-59.jpg

Additional surprise from Team BICAdditional surprise from Team BIC

Swatched this while at the table, NO SHAMESwatched this while at the table, NO SHAME

Charlotte ❤️Charlotte ❤️

Thanks again to @CarolBT  and @KatieBT  for such a jam packed morning.

HUGE THANK YOU to @TeamBIC  as a whole for all the events they've hosted this year and creating additional spaces for so many of us to meet in person. You all are just as sweet outside of the community as you are on the boards and we appreciate all that you do 💜💜💜.

Re: LA Store Opening Celebration + Thank You Team BIC

@ElleElleG, I love seeing your pictures and description!  It looks like such a fun event.  I'm glad you, @ZombieMetroAnt, and @Buootiful got to have a great time together!

LA Store Opening Celebration + Thank You Team BIC

Girl I am so jealous! So glad that you got to have such a good time - you earned it!

Thanks for letting me know this was happening @clairedabear !!

Happy New Year 💕

Thank you so much for sharing @ElleElleG 

What an amazing event with amazing people - the store looks amazing. 

Thanks @Cyncynn !  You absolutely have to check out the store next time you're in town!

@ElleElleG  Hi!! Great write up & great photos!  I love reading through the details of your wonderful experience. I am sorry to read this is a difficult time of year for both you and family. I hope your season is filled with cherished memories and happy times! xo 

Thank you @bem564 !  Being around such a vibrant group definitely took my mind off things.  Looking forward to Christmas and the new decade (OMG) now. Hope you are well 😘

The beauty products look as amazing as the food you ate! lol Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Everything was A+++ @PenelopeBT !

Hahaha, it was great losing Connect 4 to you 😁 @ElleElleG 

😂😂😂 I'm glad we went back and had time to play @Buootiful !

@ElleElleG ,

Congrats on winning the Connect 4 Game!  You go, Girl!  This was a fun journey through your photos and comments!  I'm so glad that you had this opportunity!

Thanks @tsavorite !

@ElleElleG So great to be there with you.  GREAT photos.  xx

It was great to see you again @meganlisa 💕

@ElleElleG  Looks what a great time. So happy you got to experience it, and loved seeing all your pictures and stories.

Thanks @Anastasiya13 !  We'll have to add a trip to The Grove and CatchLA for one of our outings for sure!!

@ElleElleG  Ooo yes, please. I am so curious to try out Catch, and I think it will be fun for our outing.

It looks like it was amazing @ElleElleG! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Happy to share @faeriegirl !

44 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-12-29.jpg
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-13-33.jpg
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-17-04.jpg
  • I have to admit, seeing the cream contour (Hourglass foundation stick) just sit on the skin made me nervous.
  • But of course Jeffery knows what he's doing
  • Yassss
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-20-43.jpg
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-36-23.jpg
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-36-46.jpg
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-35-41.jpg
  • This was divine!
  • Vegan Cheesecake, also delish!
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-35-59.jpg
  • Guess who won the Connect 4 Game
  • WaterMark_2019-11-27-20-37-36.jpg
testing