cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour

Sephora-Eventbrite-2160x1080-Smooch2.jpg

Hello, BIC! We have been itching to share a big announcement with you – we are going on tour! We won’t be sharing our musical talents (sorry to disappoint 🙂 ) but we do have a fabulous podcast partnership with some lovely young ladies and have decided to go on a tri-city podcast tour! Team BIC and a handful of Sephora superstars have been planning this for months and are oh-so excited to invite you to this first-ever event of its kind. Now, you may be curious… How is this going to work? Which podcast? Where?! Well read on and we will fill in all the blanks 🙂 

We are hosting three in-person events where we will be watching a live taping of Glowing Up – a podcast hosted by two fun, driven and LOL-inducing hosts, Caroline Goldfarb and Esther Povitsky. As you can probably tell by the name “Glowing Up,” podcast hosts Caroline and Esther are big-time beauty lovers who are also big fans of BIC. In addition to beauty, they talk about relationships, self-care, nutrition and so many other topics– this podcast is worth a listen! This is an exclusive event with a limited invite list so only Community members and fans of the podcast, better known as Glowmies, will be able to attend.

Where will these live recordings take place? We are bringing this podcast to three cities spanning the US - it was important for us to hold one event on the West Coast, one in the Mid-West and one the East Coast. We’ve optimized to focus on three Sephora store locations that will be the best fit for the hosting event and will also be accessible for many. 

Stop 1: Chicago at Michigan Ave Sephora on Sunday, 10/7 (7:30-9:30pm). To RSVP, please head to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glowing-up-sephora-live-podcast-tour-chicago-tickets-50294287568 and fill out the form. You may need to copy & paste the link. The password is LetsGlow. **SOLD OUT**

Stop 2: New York at Brooklyn Sephora on Sunday, 10/14 (7:30-9:30pm). To RSVP, please head to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glowing-up-sephora-live-podcast-tour-brooklyn-tickets-50598830464 and fill out the form. You may need to copy & paste the link. The password is LetsGlow. **SOLD OUT**

Stop 3: San Francisco at Union Street on Sunday, 10/28 (6:30-8:30pm). To RSVP, please head to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glowing-up-sephora-live-podcast-tour-san-francisco-tickets-50600124334 and fill out the form. **SOLD OUT**

We know some of these are a bit far out but if anyone is willing to travel to these events we’d want to ensure you have adequate time to plan. As mentioned, we have a limited number of spots for Community members and Glowmies ONLY to attend these events so if you’re interested be sure to reserve a spot*! Please note that there will be no +1’s as this is an exclusive event we want to reserve as many spots as possible for Community members.

Do we have any BIC’ers are also fans of Glowing Up? Show & tell!

*We will prioritize spots for Community members. Please note that there will be no +1’s for this event to ensure active members of the Community are prioritized.

Re: Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour

Whoops, only posting a month late ...

I was lucky enough to attend the show in Chicago. I wasn't familiar with the podcast beforehand, but 99% of the other guests were Glomies and not BICers (though shout-out to those who said they were lurkers). 🙂 The event was fun, and Esther and Caroline were charming, although it was a bit awkward sometimes -- opening night hiccups that hopefully got worked out at later shows. You can hear some of the awkwardness on the podcast, like when they go off on a 10-minute segue about apple picking because they seem to have run out of things to talk about. I think they were expecting the audience to have more questions? I dunno, I'm not a Glowmie, I don't know these ladies or their pod (though I've since listened to a few episodes). Too bad their listeners didn't step up, but I also think it's a bit unfair to expect the audience to do the heavy lifting. I ended up asking a question to fill the awkward silence. (If you listen to the pod, I'm the one who asks about what products they don't like. It wasn't the best thought out question, but that silence was killing me.) Anyway, it looks like they had a guest in NY, so hopefully that helped fill the time.

More importantly, I got to meet @katiebt! She is a glowing angel IRL, and helped me select a Fenty liquid lipstick as a gift for a friend. I had so much fun talking makeup with her. ❤️ And it was nice to meet you, @CarolBT! Good luck as a new mod! I also ran into a friend I used to work with -- we didn't know each other was coming, so that was a fun surprise. 

We were lucky enough to receive a gift bag. Honestly, my favorite thing in it is the Sephora blush brush! I've been looking for a good one recently, and this is so soft. It's Sephora Pro No. 64. I also ended up buying the Milk discovery set and CT Pillow Talk lipstick and liner (as well as the Fenty, which I gave to a friend). I highly recommend the Milk set!

All together, I'm so glad I got a chance to go. It was a really fun experience, and it was nice to be out with fellow makeup peeps. I'm so glad Chicago was included (Esther's from the suburbs); there are so few special Sephora events here, so this was a real treat. Thank you, BIC mods for putting on a great event!

@katiebt!@katiebt!
Ran into an old work friendRan into an old work friend

Swag bag. I bought the Milk  and CT.Swag bag. I bought the Milk and CT.

Re: Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour

You're fashionably late @TKLJ Smiley Wink that's what all the celebrity's do nowadays.  LOL! 

I'm so glad to hear you had an awesome time at the Chicago event!  This was a great idea to take the show on the road and it's awesome to read about everyone's experience.  Hopefully they do this again, with even more stops along the way!  

Re: Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour - SOLD OUT

We're getting ready for our third and final stop of the tour! Wanted to share a bit of what Chicago and Brooklyn looked like. 

Take a peek at Chicago: 

Esther and the audienceEsther and the audienceCaroline has a captivated audienceCaroline has a captivated audienceChicago GU show-3.jpgNoms!Noms!Our new BIC backdrop!Our new BIC backdrop!A little red carpet actionA little red carpet actionLove these ladies! So lucky to be working with @BrendaBT, @KatieBT, and @LexBTLove these ladies! So lucky to be working with @BrendaBT, @KatieBT, and @LexBT

And now for a peek at Brooklyn: 

Stage is setStage is setCaroline and the audienceCaroline and the audienceTaylor from Nudestix chats with EstherTaylor from Nudestix chats with EstherMore noms!More noms!Post show shopping with CarolinePost show shopping with CarolineEsther and Caroline take the stageEsther and Caroline take the stage

Any BIC'ers attending this weekends Glow Up podcast in SF? Let me know so we can link up and hang out!

@blackkitty2014 @gymgirl2 @itsmonica @BrwnSugaG

@gonerogue- I couldn't get tickets 😞 The SF tickets sold out w/in a few hours. Super sad we don't get to hang out again....but have sooo much fun tho!!

@gymgirl2 Oh no 😞  I’m sorry! Hope to see you next time!

Re: Chicago & Brooklyn Tickets Live! Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour (SF SOLD OUT)

EB2FD2CE-5B2E-414E-A329-A8C18DF0E441.jpeg

Getting ready for Chicago!! Our team is excited to meet you!

Re: Chicago & Brooklyn Tickets Live! Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour (SF SOLD OUT)

@KatieBTyay cant wait to see you in Brooklyn!! 😄 xox

You gals are so adorable! Great to see you again @KatieBT @BrendaBT !

@KatieBT  So cool!  Can't wait for the Brooklyn event!

@KatieBTplease say that the BIC flag is coming with all of you to the Brooklyn event as well!  😄

@MlleCC it'll be at every event! 🙂 Come ready to pose and smile in front of it!

Breaking news - San Francisco tickets are sold out!

Check out my reply comment just before this one... there are a handful of tickets for Chicago and Brooklyn remaining. 

See you there!

Re: Chicago, Brooklyn, and now SF Tickets Live! Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour

Hi Everyone! Tickets for all three cities are up and LIVE now! Chicago is this Sunday, 10/7 and has just a few tickets left. It's almost completely sold out, so please grab yours if you haven't already. 🙂  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glowing-up-sephora-live-podcast-tour-chicago-tickets-50294287568 . The password is LetsGlow. 

@KatieBT@BrendaBT, @LexBT, and ME @CarolBT, the newest member of the Community team, will see you there! 

Next up is Brooklyn on 10/14 and it's also almost completely sold out. If you're looking for tickets, grab yours here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glowing-up-sephora-live-podcast-tour-brooklyn-tickets-50598830464 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Chicago, Brooklyn, and now SF Tickets Live! Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour

Is there any chance there will be other tickets for Chicago or a wait list?! I am a die-hard glowmie and Sephora lover and so sad I missed tickets!

Re: Chicago, Brooklyn, and now SF Tickets Live! Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour

Very disappointed to see I missed out on the SF one by a few hours! 😢

Re: Chicago & Brooklyn Tickets Live! Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour

I'm so excited—finally, an event in Chicago! 🙂 I haven't listened to this podcast (I'm a Fat Mascara gal), but I'll have to give it a go.

(Also, hi, I haven't been on BIC in forever and a half, but this has got me out of retirement.)

Hey @TKLJ Another Chicago girl here.  Looking forward to meeting you.

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • Sephora-Eventbrite-2160x1080-Smooch2.jpg
  • EB2FD2CE-5B2E-414E-A329-A8C18DF0E441.jpeg
  • Caroline has a captivated audience
  • Chicago GU show-3.jpg
  • Esther and the audience
  • Our new BIC backdrop!
  • A little red carpet action
  • Noms!
  • Love these ladies! So lucky to be working with @BrendaBT, @KatieBT, and @LexBT
  • More noms!
  • Caroline and the audience
  • Taylor from Nudestix chats with Esther
  • Stage is set
  • Post show shopping with Caroline
  • Esther and Caroline take the stage
testing