Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

under eye skin prep

00D27207-AC7B-4F47-A01E-73256FF7802C.jpeg

9F4BA279-A215-4B47-8D54-C4F0D1EA05C4.jpeg

Hi everyone! 
I need some help on what I should do for skincare under my eyes before applying makeup. I have fine lines, texture and redness under my eyes. I use the biossance eye cream but when I do my makeup it’s dry, splotchy, separating and crackly under my eyes. How can I prevent that from happening and any suggestions on preventing undereye makeup from creasing? I’ve included some pictures. 
Any advice is appreciated 🙂

Re: under eye skin prep

Maybe switch the eye cream during the day, @gurkiran , sounds like it's reacting/piling with your makeup.  Like if a serum or cream is watery it doesn't always do well with another product that's emollient.  As an example, today I used a liquid blush that didn't play well with my mousse like tinted moisturizer.  I fixed it by mixing the blush in with a concealer that was emollient like the foundation.

Also, don't apply too much makeup into the eye area if you find it settles into lines.  I apply concealer as a slant and work it up to minimize my mylar bag.  Also prep is important, like @CynthieLu stated.

Also, separate tip:

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to, but Wayne Goss gave a tip about Vaseline + eye cream.  The Vaseline acts like a sealant.  He also makes a point to know yourself, and don't do this every night,  avoid if you know Vaseline causes irritation for you.

Hi, thanks for replying! @danielledanielle 

do you have any recommendations for eye creams? I have really sensitive under eyes so when I use something strong or something that just doesn’t fit right it starts to burn a little. 

I’ve noticed the makeup pilling around my eyes but thought it had to do with my application not the products reacting? Is there a way I would know my products would react before I apply them? Is it a specific Ingredient? 

Vaseline doesn’t irritate my skin I will definitely give that tip a try! Would you just do apply it once at night before bed? And then carry on with your usual routine during the day time? 

@gurkiran 

So belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb with Squalane is my favorite eye cream.  Sephora also has a great eye cream, I specifically use SEPHORA COLLECTION Firming Eye Cream with Peptides 0.67 oz/ 20 mL at night and SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid 0.67 oz/ 20mL in the day.  Kiehls also has a nice avocado eye cream, but very thick Kiehl's Since 1851 Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado 0.95 oz/ 28 g, for dry under eyes.

Common culprits for piling, vitamin C and acids, especially salicylic acid in a water base.  And again, oils vs water, usually a watery base separates on an emollient one.  Sometimes I can get away with lightly tapping and pressing vs rubbing a product in, and also letting products dry down in between steps. 

For the Vaseline, when you wake up, it should be absorbed and the skin should feel soft.  If you need to put on something, wash off, but the idea is too soften/seal the skin.  And just do it 1-2 times a week.

Are you using a primer @gurkiran that is a step that can really help your make up apply more smoothly.

If your finding your make up looks dry and cakey, your skin might not be getting enough moisture and hydration from your skin care routine. 

Preping your skin is soo important. It's like getting a canvas ready ‌💕‌ What's your routine look like right now?

Do you use a primer, moisturizer or hylaronic acid serum? 

Hi, thank you so much for replying! @CynthieLu 
i am using a primer I go back and fourth between the elf poreless and the rare beauty one, maybe I’m not applying enough under my eyes, or they aren’t hydrating enough? 

right now my skincare routine is: 

daytime: 

- cleanser (neutrogena hydroboost) 

- vitamin C serum (farmacy waterless serum)

- eye cream (biossance eye cream during the day) 

- moisturize (biossance) 

- sunscreen 

evening: 

cleanser (neutrogena hydroboost) 

- toner (occasionally) ( fresh rose toner) 

- eye cream (la roche posay retinol eye cream in the evening) 

- moisturize (biossance) 

I also use the la roche posay efface as a spot treatment for when I get breakouts. 

I have pretty combination skin. My T- zone is oily and my cheeks are pretty dry. My under eyes are pretty sensitive when I use something strong or different the skin feels like it’s burning. 

From reading everything @gurkiran , if it is pilling with your makeup, i think that is a separate issue to dryness.

For dryness, I agree with @danielledaniealle , a night time after a non retinol moisturizer you can put a little vaseline over top ( if it dosent cause you irritation) to prevent extra water loss on the skin and improve its hydration. A little bit not a lot. 

Things like not rubbing your eyes, patting in the water ie- no towel drying, can help too.

For pilling, I think you need to switch out whatever is reacting togeather to cause it, you can remove one item at a time to see what's causing it, if that makes sense? Once you find the culprit you can see if that helps at all with the look of your make up and start figuring out what works and what dosent 💖

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • 00D27207-AC7B-4F47-A01E-73256FF7802C.jpeg
  • 9F4BA279-A215-4B47-8D54-C4F0D1EA05C4.jpeg
testing