Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Pencil liner question

So, ive been using pencil liners for most of my life because in general im not good with liquid liners.

I yet have to try a brush tip liquid liner, as i believe it should be better than the other kind of tip that was the few ones i tried before and it always was a mess.

Im also not good at lining real thin lines, so this is why i always stuck with pencils and im "ok" with it.

The only issue im having is that when i do my liner, after that i curl my lashes before mascara...

And so you know what im about to say right?

That after im done curling, my liner is all weird; like, i dont want to have a thicker line because i have hooded eyes, so it doesnt look good.

I really need to curl after the liner, and i HATE going back with the pencil to TRY and fix the areas where the liner was removed because the lash curler moved/touched around.

I know that some people say "dont put the curler too close to the lashline, then it wont mess up the liner", listen... (inner Sam Ravanhdal here lol), i tried.

I cant keep the liner that far to the lashline as i want to curl most of them for maximum curlness and upness (can we say that? Lol).

So far im using a regular axx pencil (Annabelle brand, its Canadian), and each time i curl my lashes it annoyingly moves the liner.

I tried a few different pencil liners; i tried the Maybelline tattoo liner, and i dont like it because its too creamy and makes a mess at first, and when it dries its uncomfortable on the eyes.

Its also hard to work with if we arnt quick enough to create a good looking line. 

Im looking for a not too creamy and not too firm pencil liner that would stay put better even while curling my lashes....

Any suggestions? Pls lol, and please, im not interested in buying a 30$ liner, im not rich enough to buy that all the time, and so if you tried drugstore brands pencils that are better, or if there are not too expensive ones at Sephora, please please share. 

I wish there was some kind of a mix between a wax (hardened wax, not regular wax lol)  and powder liner for a good/better hold..

Wax "would"/makes it where it would stick to the eye skin, and powder would make it not or not too sticky, does something like that exists?? Lol

Satiny but kinda sticky but not sticky Lol or more like stiff enough to keep the line on eyes better and not smudge alot when curling.

Wow my english is awesome LOL (french is my first so... lol). 

Thank you so so much to everyone in advance for suggestions.

Re: Pencil liner question

@Emy10  Have you tried setting your eyeliner with a translucent setting powder? That's what I do, otherwise liners will transfer all over my hooded eyes—and I don't even have very oily lids. 😄 I even do this with gel eyeliners for extra stay-put insurance. I apply the gel liner, give it enough time to dry down and set itself, and then dust a tiny bit of translucent powder over it to lock it in place. 

A base of eyeshadow primer also helps, as long as it's a true primer (not just concealer) with some grip. And even when I use a primer base, I still powder-set my eyeliner. 

@WinglessOne Oh! I never thought of thatl!!! Lol

I want to try it now 😉

And yes i need to check for a new eye primer.

@Emy10 @Do you use an eye primer? 

This never happens to me so I’m just curious. 

I used to use the urban decay one but then i got old LOL.

So i use powder foundation, but it doesnt seem to work.

Also, i didnt think an eye primer would maje a difference because the liner is on top, then the curler touches the liner, so how would an actual eye primer prevent the curler from smudging the liner?

I also heard about to put eyeshadow on top of the liner, but i yet have to buy a single black shadow and small brushes. 😉

@Emy10 @You can try putting shadow on top of the liner or set your face with a setting spray. before you curl your lashes or dusting it with translucent powder on top. 

You put eye primer on so the shadow and liner stays on longer because our eye lids get oily.

@SportyGirly125 ill check it out, my usual order is moisturizer or sunscreen, eyes, foundation around the eyes and brows, foundation and then setting spray.  

I wonder if setting spray on the eyes would make it weird to curl them or would they hold better. 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing