Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mardi Gras Look Suggestions?

This Saturday is my city's version of a Mardi Gras celebration.  It's a bar crawl aptly called "Mardi Crawl."  I've never been to Mardi Crawl before, so I'm super excited.  I've got my outfit all ready, but I'm looking for some makeup inspiration.  I would love to do something really festive with my eyes.  This is my first post and I was hoping my fellow Sephora beauties might be able to help me out.  My current collection (a.k.a. products available to use) include:

ColourPop Semi-Precious Eyeshadow Palette,

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance and Prism Eyeshadow Palettes,

Urban Decay Naked, Naked II, Naked III, Naked Smokey, and Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palettes,

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in 'Baked,'

Too Faced Sweet Peach and Boudoir Eyes Eyeshadow Palettes,

Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in 'Midnight Cowboy' and 'Glamrock,'

Too Faced Peel-Off Glitter Eyeliner in 'Yes Way Rose,'

L'Oreal Infallible Gel Liner in 'Blackest Black,'

Sephora Luxe False Lash in 'Fusion,'

Huda Beauty Classic False Lashes in 'Samantha #7,'

and a wealth of different mascaras.  

If you have any product recommendations, I'm definitely open to those as well.  I'd prefer to save a little bit of money and use as much of what I already have though.  Any input is appreciated!  Thank you xo

Re: Mardi Gras Look Suggestions?

@girlfromreno If you want some bright shades, take a look at Juvia's Place Masquerade palette. It's full of brights. However, if you don't feel like spending the money, I’d say use Throne from the Prism palette, use a gold eyeshadow with Fix+ to make a wing, top it with midnight cowboy. Add more gold to in the inner corner. You can maybe buy a purple liner and use that in the lower lash line or if you have a purple in your collection smudge it on your lash line. You can add a little bit of gold eyeshadow in the middle of your lips on top of your lipstick too!

@girlfromreno Sounds like a blast!  Please let us know how it goes! 

I found this youtube video from Crystal Hoyt that looks really fun - I agree with the others about purple, gold and green as those are classic Mardi Gras colors!  Good luck! 

Mardi Gras Look Suggestions?

I think the ABH prism palette would be perfect! There are tons of fun colors in there

@girlfromreno When I think of Mardi Gras, I think of green, gold and purple.  Can you combine those colors in your eye shadow look?

Image result for mardi gras eyeshadow ideas

That looks epic!  I know I have a plethora of gold eyeshadow, but I don't really have any colors that vibrant.  Do you know any palettes or brands you could recommend to get a similar look to this?  And thank you so much for the response 🙂

@girlfromreno Unfortunately, I don't know what brands offer shades these dramatic.  A look like this is beyond my skill level 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing