Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eyeliner for oily lids??

I have pretty oily lids and have tried MANY different eyeliners but my liner just gets into the folds of my eyelid and smears all over the place. Within 5-6 hours I usually end up looking like a raccoon. I prefer liquid/gel liners because they can give a much sharper line than a pencil. I loved the idea of liquid liner pens but I found out that I don't like them as much because the product dries up really quickly. I also really don't like felt tip applicators because they end up kind of fraying and you can't get those sharp lines to achieve a perfect wing. I have been using the sephora waterproof liquid eyeliner just because it's the only thing that stays on my eyes the entire day...but the formula is kinda hard to work with- could just be due to the felt tip applicator- and it dries up and you're left with clumps mixed in with the product. It seems like liner pens are the fad and there aren't as many bottles+brushes of liquid or gel eyeliners so it seems impossible to find a good liner for my oily eyelids....but that could just be me. Sorry for the essay…I just wanted to explain my struggle. But does anyone have any liners that they recommend for oily lids?

Re: Eyeliner for oily lids??

@mbh9 My favorite was by the Sephora brand, but it was discontinued recently.  Thus, I rec Revlon Color Stay; I used the pencil version for years and years (and still use it occasionally) and it is the longest lasting, most oil resistant of all the black eyeliners I own (which is at least half a dozen).  Good luck!

Try Urban Decay's primers

Try Urban Decay's primers

RE: Eyeliner for oily lids??

A little bit of primer goes a long way but I swear by Stila All Day liquid liner. Last I checked it was available as a 100 point DS too if you're interested in testing it out first.

I also recommend a primer, my holy grail eye primer is by NARS. Otherwise, I have had the best luck with the KVD trooper or the MARC Jacobs Blacquer liquid eyeliners. I also have hooded eyes that can get oily, and these two work great while many others I've tried will transfer and smear on me.  Good luck! @mbh9

Have you tried a primer on your lids before applying liner?  A lot of people rave about urban decay but I really like Laura Mercier eye basics. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Eyeliner for oily lids??

Kat Von D tattoo liner in trooper
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing