Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Dark under eyes

Would love to know everyone’s go to under eye concealer! I’ve had very dark purple under eye circles my whole life and I feel like I am still struggling to find the perfect concealer. A lot of the ones I have tried end up making my eyes look dark and grey. Any recommendations, advice, shades I should go with? 

Re: Dark under eyes

@TiffnyMarie think of  concealer as a thicker version of your foundation.  If it’s not covering your discolouration then a colour corrector can be very effective to get the job done of cancelling out the offending colour on your face.  Colour correcting is also the best way to get dark circles covered with as little product as possible.  You always want to wear as thin a layer of makeup as possible on the mobile parts of your face to avoid it settling in fine lines.  Depending on the colour of your dark circles- either a peach (to cover blue or purple) or a green (to cover redness)  (or both) will be very effective.  
Apply the colour corrector over your dark area so you no longer see the darkness and it is a scary green or peach mark. Then pat your concealer over top with either your finger or a sponge.  Set with a thin layer of translucent powder before blinking and try not to blink for 30 seconds so the makeup has time to set   This helps avoid any settling into fine lines.  Use the same sponge you applied your foundation with to do this as it will be slightly damp and make the makeup look less powdery.  
Best  of luck! 

@TiffnyMarie I use the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish Color Corrector under my HUDA BEAUTY #FauxFilter Matte Buildable Coverage Waterproof Concealer in a shade that's lighter than my skin tone and I have found it works well to help my under eye bags. I also have found that the Tatcha The Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL has also helped reduce the darkness under my eyes, it is a bit expensive but I've found it works wonders

@TiffnyMarie maybe try color correcting with peach/orange, the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish Color Corrector is a cream and L.A girl pro conceal color corrector is a liquid but both are good. 
But some of my favorite full coverage concealers i use under my eyes are the SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Full Coverage Multi-Use Hydrating Concealer 

Elf hydrating camo concealer 

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer (if you haven’t tried this one already people either love it or hate it but it’s definitely full coverage 😂

And the Loreal infallible concealer 

@TiffnyMarie  Have you already tried using a yellow color corrector under your concealer to neutralize the dark purple? The corrector doesn’t need to opaquely cover discoloration; that’s not really its job. It just needs to kinda cancel it out. You should be able to apply and blend out a yellow color corrector to tone down your dark purple circles, and then apply any color concealer you want over that without the yellow tweaking the concealer color, if that makes sense. 

If your dark circles are actually more blue than purple, then you’ll want an orange or peach color corrector. 

You could also try skipping corrector and using a concealer that’s quite yellow toned (to mask purple circles) or orange/peach toned (to mask blue circles). Be strategic about where you apply it: you don’t need to cover your entire undereye area, just the place(s) where you want to hide discoloration. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing