cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Covering A Black Eye

So I unfortunately was on the receiving end of the not so fun side of a kickboxing class and need advice on how to cover a black eye... HELP! I'm getting tons of weird stares from people and if I have to explain the story one more time I'm going to scream LOL

*Side note-- sun light is KILLER so my eye keeps watering and therefore gets rid of any concealer I had put there beforehand. 😞

Anonymous Insider

Re: Covering A Black Eye

Thank you guys! I'm sure anything will help at this point because it's at the stage where it's started to spread to the rest of my cheek. 😞

If it's purple, an orange or yellow colour corrector under your concealer might be your best bet. Though if your eyes are watery, I'm not sure if that would help.

Unfortunately some of the bruising will likely still come through, my friend's fiancé got a black eye and even with loads of makeup you can still kind of tell.

I am sorry to hear a about your black eye @Anonymous. I had surgery on my eyes about 5 years ago and developed a black eye on 1 of my eyes. The SA at my local Sephora recommended Amazing Cosmetics Concealer which covered about 85% of the bruise. It took about 2 weeks for that bruise to fade away.

Covering A Black Eye

Take arnica (if allergies don't prevent you from doing so). Apply warm packs every 20 min while awake if you can. (don't burn your eye now) conceal and apply a translucent powder to set to reduce the amt removed from your teary eye.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing