Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Beginner eyeliner ?

I've never used eyeliner before but would like to start with something easy to apply. Any suggestions?

RE: Beginner eyeliner ?

when i first started , i went as cheap as possible. elf liquid eyeliner is somewhere between $1-$3 (i dont exactly remember). the applicator isnt too difficult to maneuver, & cleanup is more forgiving. for the price point it's good quality, so might be a good place to start (:

For beginners, go with something where an imprecise line won't look awful (read: not liquid or gel). The retractable liners (I started with revlon) are honestly the best for this, and I would suggest a more subtle color. Once you get the hang of the movement, feel free to upgrade to a more obvious look (liquid, gel, a brighter color).

Re: Beginner eyeliner ?

The Sephora Retractable Waterproof eyeliner has become my everyday liner. Easy to apply; it just glides on. It doesn't melt off halfway through the day and look gross. I had been using cheaper ones, but I won't go back.

I would recommend the Urban Decay 24/7 liners-they are very soft to apply but the pigment is gorgeous! Also, I love the Marc Jacobs gel highliner in the color BrownOut, and find it applies very easy and smooth.

Re: RE: Beginner eyeliner ?

I agree with the UD 24/7.  It's a really nice pencil, and nice and soft.

The stila stay all day liner is great

The XL eyeliner is great high pigment easy to use and waterproof highly recommend for a beginner.

Go to your local drug/$1 store find a cheap on & practice with that. When you are more confident look for one that's liquid & waterproof. Not all are the same. I use Stila. But I had a friend who loved one from the $1 store. So whatever works for you. 

I learned on kvd tattoo liner it's very precise which can be scary but in the end it helps with the actual wing and your overall technique!

If you've never used eyeliner before I would suggest MUFE Aqua liner in a brown color. They are waterproof and won't end up all under your eyes by the end of the day.

@makeupreview16 MUFE Aqua Eyes is easy to use.  I learned on powder liner with a slanted liner brush when I was in high school; you can use pressed powder, or loose powder (Bare Minerals used to make some nice ones).  If you are looking for something less expensive, I also think Revlon Color Stay (the pencil version that you twist) is easy to use.  Tag me if you need some application tips.  Good luck!

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner is my favorite.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner is my favorite.

Kat von d liquid eyeliner is so so easy and literally my go to since i was 19 !

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing