Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

ABH Subculture

Does anyone love the subculture palette? I ordered mine a few days ago & there is so many negative reviews
Anonymous Insider

Re: ABH Subculture

I'm a fan of the Subculture palette but was wondering if anyone had any dupes for it?

If you find the palette just is not working out for you, I would suggest the Jeffree Star Androgyny palette. While the colors are not the same, they look a lot alike....I know some people don't want to support his brand, which I totally understand....just wanted to give you another alternative

I love mine!  The colours are beautiful and I don't have problems with application.  Just use a light hand when going into shadows.

RE: ABH Subculture

I love mine!! Just use a tiny bit of shadow at a time and you'll be fine!

It is a beautiful palette. I'm not sure why there were so many bad reviews. I haven't had any problems with blending and it has just as much fallout as my Modern Renaissance palette.

I have had 0 problems with mine and didnt change my appli...

I have had 0 problems with mine and didnt change my application method at all. I have similar kickback/fallout to Lorac shadows which isnt bad at all. I dont know how people are having so many issues other than quality inconsistency to explain it. Im not a pro by any means and found this palette very easy to work with.

I really like mine. It's really unlike any eyeshadow pallet I've owned before. The shadows are incredibly soft and smooth but with that comes alot of kickback. I find all you need is one slight touch to the shadow with your brush [this is not a pallet you'll want to be roughly swirling your brush into] and there will be enough pigment on the brush to finish my eyes. If used properly I think this pallet could last a very long time. As well I find a lot of these shades go very nice with the shades in the modern renaissance pallet so together that can be used to create some beautiful looks. The only issue I have with subculture is that I can't get the shades cube and electric to be as intense as I'd like them to be.

@Cassandraxox  I really like my Subculture palette so far - the colors are gorgeous and I've been able to use it with no problems so far - just don't dig your brush all the way in and use a very light hand and you will be fine.  Please let us know what you think! 🙂

Mine came in! Absolutely love it! The fallout is similar to the Modern Renaissance but a little more fallout depending how hard you go in with the brush however it's super pigmented & blends nicely🤗

I'm glad you're loving it, too!  @Cassandraxox 🙂

This girl did some really great tutorials with it. She did three in this video, and another one in a video a few weeks ago. I hope you love your palette! I think it definitely seems workable if you're very careful with it.

I love it ! I find since they are pressed pigments you need to take your time and pick up product gently and light layers are better !

Re: RE: ABH Subculture

Beautiful look!  You are incredibly talented!  ❤️  @Nicolemarie1124

RE: Re: RE: ABH Subculture

Thank you so much

Re: RE: ABH Subculture

What a gorgeous look @Nicolemarie1124

RE: Re: RE: ABH Subculture

Thank you !

I recommend watching Stephanie Nicole's review on YouTube..she was able to get a good look out of it and talked in depth about how to use the product without getting a ton of kick up/fall out. She did say the abh addressed the issue and would have the second batch pressed more firmly to address the complaints but that it wasn't a mistake in manufacturing they are pigments and basically to get darker and non patchy colors there are less binding agents...I dunno just food for thought Stephanie Nicole does really in depth reviews and is trustworthy so I believe what she said 

I concur with @Kim888  Stephanie Nicole's video is great, as is Wayne Goss's video.

Yes, I definitely think Stephanie Nicole's video was very helpful! 

I received my Subculture palette a few days ago. I ordered from Sephora. I used the palette with my usual brushes and made sure to go in with a light hand. But i really like it and I got a great eye look with it.
25 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
testing