Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Routine for dry skin

Hey everyone,

I’ve recently moved to the desert, so my skin has become so dry and dehydrated. I’ve tried a lot of products, but I’m just wondering what everybody’s favorites are for morning and night routines?

Re: Routine for dry skin

@savannap For morning I just rinse my face. Then I use SK-II essence, Drunk Elephant C-Tango eye cream, B-Hydra mixed with C-Firma and then Lala Retro cream.

For evening I use Drunk Elephant Jelly cleanser, Shaba eye serum, TLC Framboos mixed with Marula oil, and Protini cream. This routine has been fantastic for dry skin!

I always have to deal with this when I visit my family in Colorado (I live in Mass). My skin is acne prone normal to combo in Mass and this keeps things fairly steady for me.

For night:

I use an oil cleanser (Boscia Makeup Breakup), then a non-foaming cleanser (Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Soap). I use a hydrating toner (Mamonde Hydrating Beauty Water), followed by an eye cream and my active serum (rotate Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos or prescription tretinoin), then a facial oil (currently trying Herbivore mini set) all sealed in with moisturizer usually Drunk Elephant Lala Retro, but this time I brought Derma E peptide & collagen moisturizer (I don't think it's quite enough). About 2-3 times a week, I use a hyaluronic acid sheet mask after my serum. I also always apply chapstick or a sleeping mask before bed (currently Cocokind lip balms and Mamonde lip mask).

For morning:

TCFS Egg Mousse, followed by an acid toner (currently REN Ready Steady Glow tonic) & the Mamonde beauty water. Derma E peptide & collagen serum, my eye cream, followed by Drunk Elephant C-Firma. Depending on how my skin in feeling, I may use the Derma E moisturizer, an oil (Herbivore or DE marula) and/or just my SPF (Tarte Tarteguard). 

Always use an SPF 30+ every day to protect from sun damage!

I know it seems like a lot of steps, but I like to keep using my actives and they can be drying sometimes. I think you'll see the best results from a hydrating toner and adding an oil and/or stepping up the thickness of your night time moisturizer. I really like the Korres Black Pine and Wild Rose ones, too. Be careful of hyaluronic acid as it can suck moisture out of your skin to balance the dry air, so you need to make sure it's sealed in if you use it. Finally, a low pH cleanser that doesn't strip your skin will also help a lot.

Like others have said, a humidifier can really help, too. Make sure you increase your water intake, and probably learn to always have hand lotion, lip balm, and maybe a hydrating facial mist on you 😑

That’s so funny because I’m originally from Maine, but currently living in New Mexico thanks to the Air Force, but our skin is definitely used to the same climate.

Thanks so much for your tips 🙂

@savannap

Here are my go to products for dry/combo skin that I use everyday:

Origins frothy face wash and I add the Origins Ginzeng scrub 3 times a week, Fresh Rose Hydration Toner, SK II Essence, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Leanne Grace Beauty oil for day and The ordinary Rose Hip Oil at night, Kiehls daily concentrate for day and midnight recovery concentrate at night, Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum for day, J.One Firming serum, Tatcha overnight concentrate at night, Tatcha eye cream , Tatcha renewal cream at night and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration cream for day (I like to mix Coola SPF drops into the moisturizer for extra sun protection).  To seal in everything and to add more hydration I like adding Youth To the People Glow Oil.  I have had a lot of trial and error with my skin and all these products have helped my skin.

@savannap I'm in the desert. It will take time (months+) for the skin to actually adjust. Running a humidifier is your friend. Right now, water based isn't cutting it for me (don't have dry skin). Currently using La Roche posay hydrating cleanser and CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ 4.2 oz Pump/ 125 mL (there's a cream of it). Oil based cleanser, facial oil and hydrating serum/booster help too.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing